Guns n' Roses show in Rotterdam, Holland

Maestro

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could do field!!!!

But since Axl is coming late and gives long shows, I can't. Backproblems and my knees will not keep me, can't stand that long. Hate it, but that's how it is. :shrugs: . I will look jealous down at you all!

I'd be VERY surprised if it sells out at all, let alone quickly. Ahoy fits about...10.000? 12.000? I'm not sure since it's recently been re-done.

I think both the Nijmegen 2006 gig and the Gelredome 2010 (or was it 2011?) gig sold roughly that many tickets or even less.

Nijmegen sold about 15.000-20.000 tickets, and Gelredome about 13.000...I don't think it will sell out soon, but in the end it will...Nijmegen and Arnhem are quite far away for most Dutch people, and not very easy to reach by public transport Rotterdam is quite close, I think that makes many people decide to go.

I think, with a good advertising campain, it can sell out soon. ..all people I tell I will visit a GNR gig are like...WTF, are they coming to Holland? I need to check that out.

all people I tell I will visit a GNR gig are like...WTF, are they coming to Holland? I need to check that out.

Funny, all people I talk to are saying "Axl is coming? With Slash? No? Ah, no interest then, he probably won't show up either."

I'm not trying to start a Slash/Axl debate but Axl still not being on time and Slash not being there is the reason why there's a little over 10.000 people now and 85.000 people in 1993. There's really no one I talk to that even remotely cares about this and frankly I can't blame them. I live 30 minutes away from the venue but think 65E is quite steep for a lead singer with a cover band, no matter how good they really are. I realize this'll spark some controversy around here but I know I'm not in the minority with this, judged by the decreasing amount of people that go out to see Guns N Roses tour after tour. I'm sure they'll put on a great show for some, but I just don't care for it. And frankly, the show is on a monday and I can't afford the risk of staying up til 2 because Axl couldn't be arsed to start the show on time again. I'd be completely screwed the next day at work and I've got responsibilities to others.

I agree about the coverband and all, allthough they are very good. Ofcourse I prefer old line up, but since I am a fan of those, I never miss a show of Slash or Axl. Really don't understand a fan of old or new line up would miss one. About the monday thing.......you are very early to ask for tuesday off, don't understand why that should be a problem :shrugs: . And yes, we all agree that the old line up would sell way more, but that's discussed many many times.

Edited by MBRose

I'd be VERY surprised if it sells out at all, let alone quickly. Ahoy fits about...10.000? 12.000? I'm not sure since it's recently been re-done.

I think both the Nijmegen 2006 gig and the Gelredome 2010 (or was it 2011?) gig sold roughly that many tickets or even less.

Nijmegen sold about 15.000-20.000 tickets, and Gelredome about 13.000...I don't think it will sell out soon, but in the end it will...Nijmegen and Arnhem are quite far away for most Dutch people, and not very easy to reach by public transport Rotterdam is quite close, I think that makes many people decide to go.

I think, with a good advertising campain, it can sell out soon. ..all people I tell I will visit a GNR gig are like...WTF, are they coming to Holland? I need to check that out.

Really? :S Because for years I heard 12k tops for Nijmegen '06. 20k no way, not by a long shot.

The Gelredome show was Gelredome XS (aka half the arena). Usually it fits about 30k right? So yeah, half of that and not sold out...13k sounds plausible.

Incidently, for me Arnhem and Nijmegen were both closer. :P I live in Groningen. But at least I'm used to traveling for gigs. ;)

I agree about the coverband and all, allthough they are very good. Ofcourse I prefer old line up, but since I am a fan of those, I never miss a show of Slash or Axl. Really don't understand a fan of old or new line up would miss one. About the monday thing.......you are very early to ask for tuesday off, don't understand why that should be a problem :shrugs: . And yes, we all agree that the old line up would sell way more, but that's discussed many many times.

Taking a morning off means missing out on at least 6 hours of work for me, which means the tickets costs 65E + at least 10E per hour I won't be making. It'll make the ticket at least twice as expensive simply because Axl can't show up on time.