Guns N Roses 2002 - What if?

JesseGoudge

Hey, I started to think about how Chinese Democracy would of been received if it was released directly after the 2002 VMA performance.

So I took the best quality video I could find and swapped out the audio for the most part and played around with the video until I got this:

So, what do you guys think? What if this video I made aired instead of the original?

Would CD of sold more records? Would we have CD 2 by now? How about the band lineup, that would most likely be different.

Please discuss.

Edited by JesseGoudge

axls 02 voice on Madagascar was the best fit for the song

Agreed. His voice in 2002 was perfect for Madagascar and imo sod. However, it was a bit horrifying durring welcome to the jungle.

Yeah.. I cringed a lot over the past few days when I had a chance to work on it lol

But he is so happy at the end of paradise city with his last screech... awesome

As Guns's Guy said there are a million what if's

I don't think that incarntion of GNR was a very good one. Not bashing the players but Bucket and Robin made the band look more like a freak show to the average person and therefore not taken to seriously.

Bucket is no doubt a very good guitarist and Robin to me is just average exspecially live.

But them 2 on the stage in 2002 just didn't look right, it was tooooo.... much of a change from the old band to the new one.

The band right now seems to have the most chemistry of any incarnation of the New band and everyone seems to fit in good. I think Bumble and DJ have had a big influience on Axl. Like coming on stage earlier and I also think DJ gave Axl a shot in arm and made hime feel more youthfull and also getting on board with more of the internet stuff.

Chinese would have been a lot different if released in 2002. I think it would have been a lot more experimental, more mechanical and completely alien. Ron's parts added a lot of sleaze that was familiar in old GN'R songs. Instead of fretless would would have more Buckethead beeps. I admire Buckets work on CD but Rons final touches were great.

I've always wondered how the band/performance would have been received if Axl showed up looking and sounding like he did in 2006, like at Rock am Ring. If the album dropped soon after things might have been drastically different. Hard to say though. I love the current line-up!

Hey, I started to think about how Chinese Democracy would of been received if it was released directly after the 2002 VMA performance.

So I took the best quality video I could find and swapped out the audio for the most part and played around with the video until I got this:

So, what do you guys think? What if this video I made aired instead of the original?

Would CD of sold more records? Would we have CD 2 by now? How about the band lineup, that would most likely be different.

Please discuss.

one of the most shocking moments in rock and roll. i finally get it. only took me 14 years.

I've always wondered how the band/performance would have been received if Axl showed up looking and sounding like he did in 2006, like at Rock am Ring. If the album dropped soon after things might have been drastically different. Hard to say though. I love the current line-up!

Just for the record. I completely agree with you about this line up. Pretty amazing!