Could Axl release an autobiography?

Crash Diet

The reason it hasnt happened is because with Axl, unlike the others, the future is bright and cool shit is happening. Hell yes I wanna read it - it'd be an instant classic and I guarantee it'd sell like crazy

Yes, Axl's book is apparently called The Honor of Thieves. Axl also wrote a lengthy article about the breakup for Rolling Stone magazine at one point, but pulled it back before it was published. Nobody knows if these are the same document or not.

Well, somebody knows, but they ain't talking.

If he did it would have RIDICULOUSLY different versions of events than those chronicled in Duff, Slash and even Steven's book! Would still be a very entertaining read though, I'd be first in line to buy it. Possible excerpt;

"..... so I went on stage hours late every night during the Illusion tour because it was everyone else's fault".

You've made a good point there, Steven's book differs from Duff especially regarding the time he fell over walking on stage. He said he tripped but was definitely sober, Duff said he was drugged when he was supposed to be off drugs - haven't read Slash's book yet but assuming this will be another version of the same ride they experienced together :shrugs:

Yeah I'm sure they all differ in subtle ways, I just meant you can imagine Axl's version of events being wildy different from the general version EVERYONE ELSE sort of remembers haha.

Knowing how direct Axl is, we won't see an autobiography before the reunion tour. As if he releases it before, the other guys probably won't work with him, and he will lose his big pay day....

It is irrelevant as there will never be a reunion tour.

I would love an autobiography but I'm not sure I would trust it, a man who has admited no mistakes wouldn't create an honest account of his life imo .

That would be way cool. I would totally read it. However, I'm not sure Axl would take the time to write a full auto-biography though. Didn't he mention somewhere that he was writing a book but it wasn't realty an auto-biography?

Hmm i googled it and found this article My Link

In addition, Bach implied Rose is working on an autobiography. “I was saying to Axl one day, ‘I’m going to write a book.’ He was like, ‘Cool. How many pages you got?’ I go, ‘I’ve got six pages.’ He starts laughing and goes, ‘Yeah, I started my book a while back. I’m up to 12,000 words at this point,’” Bach says. “He’s very prolific. He’s just not motivated by fame at all. He’s had enough of it. He gets excited by making music, by putting on a concert. Making albums, he loves doing it.”

Yes! That's where I read it. That article was published in 2008, which was 4 years ago... so I don't think Axl is working that hard in getting his auto-biography released :P ha

...or making albums.