Could Axl release an autobiography?

Crash Diet

I don't know if this is an old topic, but i make a thread for this

Like the other former members release autobiographies, Axl should release his own book.

It could be very interesting his story and his view about GNR, compared to the others stories.

What do you think?

Are we got this book ever?

That would be way cool. I would totally read it. However, I'm not sure Axl would take the time to write a full auto-biography though. Didn't he mention somewhere that he was writing a book but it wasn't realty an auto-biography?

Knowing how direct Axl is, we won't see an autobiography before the reunion tour. As if he releases it before, the other guys probably won't work with him, and he will lose his big pay day....

That would be way cool. I would totally read it. However, I'm not sure Axl would take the time to write a full auto-biography though. Didn't he mention somewhere that he was writing a book but it wasn't realty an auto-biography?

Hmm i googled it and found this article My Link

In addition, Bach implied Rose is working on an autobiography. “I was saying to Axl one day, ‘I’m going to write a book.’ He was like, ‘Cool. How many pages you got?’ I go, ‘I’ve got six pages.’ He starts laughing and goes, ‘Yeah, I started my book a while back. I’m up to 12,000 words at this point,’” Bach says. “He’s very prolific. He’s just not motivated by fame at all. He’s had enough of it. He gets excited by making music, by putting on a concert. Making albums, he loves doing it.”

Yes! That's where I read it. That article was published in 2008, which was 4 years ago... so I don't think Axl is working that hard in getting his auto-biography released :P ha

Edited by Chloe

I fuckin' hope so!

It would be ever so long though... perhaps it should be a 2-3 part series? Childhood - 1994 and ChiDem era - present day?

There are so many things around Guns and his life that I wanna know about. Like his childhood; why exactly did he decide to OD; How did he come up with the money to bail Slash outta Jail; How did he manage to remain addiction free while everyone around him was using and WTF was he doing 94-02?!!

If he does write one, it will be roller coaster and a clusterfuck for sure.

Edited by KiraMPD

It would definitely be a cool and very interesting read. Although we read a lot of stuff about him (some true and some false) I think he is a big unknown to most of us.

By the way, what does "clusterfuck" mean?

Edited by Black Horse

I just hope if he does that he has someone else do the writing, I can't follow more than 2 consecutive written sentences by him, much less a book ....

Speak for yourself, I hope it's all one long 4 am rant. Nowhere else do you get gems like "lesbian rent-a-cop."

I just hope if he does that he has someone else do the writing, I can't follow more than 2 consecutive written sentences by him, much less a book ....

It wouldn't be an auto-biography if he didn't write it though. Plus he has a funny sense of humor which would make the book fun to read :P

Guest RonMexico82

Hmm i googled it and found this article My Link

In addition, Bach implied Rose is working on an autobiography. “I was saying to Axl one day, ‘I’m going to write a book.’ He was like, ‘Cool. How many pages you got?’ I go, ‘I’ve got six pages.’ He starts laughing and goes, ‘Yeah, I started my book a while back. I’m up to 12,000 words at this point,’” Bach says. “He’s very prolific. He’s just not motivated by fame at all. He’s had enough of it. He gets excited by making music, by putting on a concert. Making albums, he loves doing it.”

Uhm 12,000 words isn't even equal to a book chapter. Hardly prolific and if it took him a while then I wouldn't say that soon is the word.

Dexter wrote:
Quote from: ThinkAboutYou on Today at 06:08:20 AM

Axl sebastian bach mentioned you were writing an autobiography how is that progressing?

It's not exactly an autobiography as much as legal record of every last detail of what went down with the breakup. I have about 40k words on it (don't know where 1200 came from) but it's generally really depressing so I don't go back to it so much.

So.... yeah....

Edited by KiraMPD

Dexter wrote:

Quote from: ThinkAboutYou on Today at 06:08:20 AM

Axl sebastian bach mentioned you were writing an autobiography how is that progressing?

It's not exactly an autobiography as much as legal record of every last detail of what went down with the breakup. I have about 40k words on it (don't know where 1200 came from) but it's generally really depressing so I don't go back to it so much.

So.... yeah....

...sooo I'm guessing we'll never see this book? Ha

If he did it would have RIDICULOUSLY different versions of events than those chronicled in Duff, Slash and even Steven's book! Would still be a very entertaining read though, I'd be first in line to buy it. Possible excerpt;

"..... so I went on stage hours late every night during the Illusion tour because it was everyone else's fault".

If he did it would have RIDICULOUSLY different versions of events than those chronicled in Duff, Slash and even Steven's book! Would still be a very entertaining read though, I'd be first in line to buy it. Possible excerpt;

"..... so I went on stage hours late every night during the Illusion tour because it was everyone else's fault".

You've made a good point there, Steven's book differs from Duff especially regarding the time he fell over walking on stage. He said he tripped but was definitely sober, Duff said he was drugged when he was supposed to be off drugs - haven't read Slash's book yet but assuming this will be another version of the same ride they experienced together :shrugs: