If Fernado and Beta were the managers in 2001 - 2010...

tsunta

I think Beta has probably been involved with the management for much longer than most people acknowledge. there are pictures of her going back a decade, where it's pretty clear that she is working in a management-type role. suddenly axl comments about the management and everyone thinks that something has changed. I know they have tried hiring other managers at various points, but I don't think that really diminished Beta's role.

maybe nothing, maybe the tour was extended in 2002, maybe three albums are already released, maybe Buckethead and brain would still be in the group. Maybe that Gnr would not exist. I'll tell you, for me, the clan Lebeis has not yet been proven.

Truth

This will turn out 1 of 2 ways...

Beta will tell Axl what to do and he will not defy her

or

Beta will be a yes man who will sit back and let Axl self destruct (as she's seem to have done for a long time now)

If Fernado and Beta were the managers in 2001 - 2010 how do you think they would have managed GNR compared to what happened.

I don't think they knew as much about the business part of entertainment in 2001, and would've been completely lost. Over the past decade, she's met all the major players and read the contracts, anything she didn't understand, talked about it with the lawyer & accountant. I think had she taken over in 2001, she would've been overwhelmed, but over the past year, has enough confidence to be able to continue being Axl's assistant and confidant, as well as handling GnR business. Somehow Sharon Osbourne figured it out.

maybe nothing, maybe the tour was extended in 2002, maybe three albums are already released, maybe Buckethead and brain would still be in the group. Maybe that Gnr would not exist. I'll tell you, for me, the clan Lebeis has not yet been proven.

Truth

This will turn out 1 of 2 ways...

Beta will tell Axl what to do and he will not defy her

or

Beta will be a yes man who will sit back and let Axl self destruct (as she's seem to have done for a long time now)

OR none of them. Axl´s always done what he wants, I don´t understand why people see him as someone who is easy to manipulate :question: .And Beta isn´t a yes man, right the opposite, I think she kicks his ass when it is needed.

Record label not managers were the problem

The record company is an easy excuse for the delays didn't the record company pay people like Tom Zutaut to try and get Chinese Democracy out sooner. The record company actually had pay bonuses to get Axl to release Chinese in the early 2000's.Doesn't seem like a logical act for the record company to do if trying to stop new material releases.

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

Half truth. Axl didn't want the album out up until 2006, by the the label had cut funding and Axl HAD to tour to conjure up finances to finish off the record. You think the label would sink in 13 million and then not want to release it when they could? They even tried to coerce various managers with bonuses if they could deliver an album by a certain deadline. They pressured Axl by putting out the Greatest Hits as he kept missing deadlines which has sold extremely well. By the time Axl was ready to release it, album sales had fucken plummeted and it was then Axl's liability as he owed them a record. I do believe that after 2006 the record label started playing hardball with him. The label then became a problem and the subsequent managers that followed all pushed for a reunion.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

If Fernado and Beta were the managers in 2001 - 2010 how do you think they would have managed GNR compared to what happened.

The Lebeis dynasty has been in control in an unofficial capacity since the inception of new GN’R. I don’t think things would be different except Beta would have been able to aggress matters more, and that would probably have a negative effect in terms of delays etc.

Half truth. Axl didn't want the album out up until 2006, by the the label had cut funding and Axl HAD to tour to conjure up finances to finish off the record. You think the label would sink in 13 million and then not want to release it when they could? They even tried to coerce various managers with bonuses if they could deliver an album by a certain deadline. They pressured Axl by putting out the Greatest Hits as he kept missing deadlines which has sold extremely well. By the time Axl was ready to release it, album sales had fucken plummeted and it was then Axl's liability as he owed them a record. I do believe that after 2006 the record label started playing hardball with him. The label then became a problem and the subsequent managers that followed all pushed for a reunion.

I'm sure moving forward, any new music GnR put out, Axl's going to have master tape ownership, and just fund the sessions out of pocket, or with private shows. To me, releasing a new song here and there without the help of a major label would probably result in more money coming in, than depending on them to promote it. Making a music video isn't a big deal anymore, I think something like "Estranged" was fun at the time, but we know the "Making Fing Videos" was a way to make the money back on what was spent making it. But if all you're going to do is have your videos played on You Tube... even just a pro-shot live performance is enough for people.

I guess however "Better" turned out, must have not been all that good, or ran out of money? One day we'll prob. see it. Fans would have a better chance making a video and having GnR post it on FB or retweet the link. Maybe they should just make it into a contest?

The only thing a record company is good for anymore, is distributing the music.