House Of Blues, West Hollywood, Califórnia, USA

Hatchepsut

I got half way through the interview. Couldn't do it anymore. Duhhhhhhhh this one u can find on sale at ashbaswag, nice plug I'm so rock.....duhhhhhhhhh these clown faces are on some of my beanies.... plug plug plug....I ripped this off Nikki Sixx....duhhhhh I put cigarettes out on my guitars.... it makes it duhhhhhhhh looks coolz. Duhhhhh this is like a Les Paul or something *tech comes in to save him from any further embarrasssment. This is the sticker guitar. It looks cool cos I put like stickers on it.

God. Please get this joke out of the band!

Edited by TRandall

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ben9785

Go to around 6.30 of the interview. I hate to pick out like this but I honestly just couldn't take it. He talks about how his first guitar had one volume knob, he had avoided playing Les Pauls for a long time because he got confused by the volume controls. When Gibson built a guitar for him he asked for one volume knob to simplify it. Please just go and watch it. I'm sorry, that was too much.

Go to around 6.30 of the interview. I hate to pick out like this but I honestly just couldn't take it. He talks about how his first guitar had one volume knob, he had avoided playing Les Pauls for a long time because he got confused by the volume controls. When Gibson built a guitar for him he asked for one volume knob to simplify it. Please just go and watch it. I'm sorry, that was too much.

LOLLLL clearly it is unreasonable to master using 3 knobs and remember exactly what use each of them has LOL.

Did Gibson include post it notes on the back of the guitar to remind him to strum and maybe afew diagrams showing simple chords loll.

The more I hear about this joke it just is unbelievable. Hearing him in this interview you can tell he doesnt have a clue.

This is the of guy other musicians at school hate because he just comes in and plays it to be cool.

I don't understand how Ron and Rich can stand this guy. Or anyone in the band.

This. Imagine being Ron or Rich, serious guitarists and having this guy as "lead guitarist". I would quit just on that alone. Absolute joke.

Edited by TRandall

Those are the ugliest guitars I've ever seen.

And yes that is just disrespect toward guitars in general... Lol..

I mean fuck , this guy is laughable.

He does do his job live: play the easier slash stuff,

But so can every guitarist on YouTube ....

As cringeworthy as as assba is, he is not a deal breaker for me...

At this point peeps just go to hear and see Axl rose rip shit up.

I just think think they couldn't find anyone better.

He does get the job done, I just prefer not to hear him talk.

Does Axl even watch or read his interviews? You'd think Jarmo would get his shit together.

Do you think Axl secretly hates the guy but doesn't want to affect his PR anymore than he already has by firing him so he is just putting off a new album just so he can get frustrated and leave? The other guys might be going along with it.

TBH, I also prefer a guitar with a single knob, it simplifies it all. That was the concept behind the frankenstein and the super strats from the 80's and 90's (they had a brief revival there). I would rather have a single concentric knob (Bottom = volume, top = tone). I never liked too many knobs on my axe, in order to avoid it and still have all the functions I like, coil tap (push-pull) and killswitchin (LP's do that by lowering the volume on one of the dedicated pots and by flicking the pup selector afterwards). on it, I would rather have a real KS button and the On-Off-Tap setup from Robin's sig guitar or an SD triple shot.

Jerry Cantrell, from ALice In Chains, also favors the one volume pot setup and he's one of the greatest guitar players ever.

TBH, I also prefer a guitar with a single knob, it simplifies it all. That was the concept behind the frankenstein and the super strats from the 80's and 90's (they had a brief revival there). I would rather have a single concentric knob (Bottom = volume, top = tone). I never liked too many knobs on my axe, in order to avoid it and still have all the functions I like, coil tap (push-pull) and killswitchin (LP's do that by lowering the volume on one of the dedicated pots and by flicking the pup selector afterwards). on it, I would rather have a real KS button and the On-Off-Tap setup from Robin's sig guitar or an SD triple shot.

Jerry Cantrell, from ALice In Chains, also favors the one volume pot setup and he's one of the greatest guitar players ever.

Excellent points

Guest ben9785

Look that's fair enough and I appreciate your input. Overall my reasoning though is that he's more concerned about how his guitar looks, and his lack of respect towards the reputation of the product, rather than the technical points that you bought out.

I think his main blooper on the video was asking Chris for some information on the axcess gibson, I mean he's a pro guitar player that don't know what a set-thru/ set neck with ultra acess is, altough he knows every cosmetic aspect of their axes by heart. Also, his onstage setup is quite different from Robin too, DJ seems too rely interely on chris to give him his tone, while Robin is known for using large pedalboards to work on his tone while performing.

16j0qbs.jpg

I mean, Robin got an Eventide Timefactor there and when a guitar player shows up with an Eventide like that, you know he's fucking serious. rock4

Edited by Chewbacca

Speak for yourself... Ive been a huge Robin fan since I saw him wth Gnr at the nye vegas hob show. He's been one of my.favorite guitarists since. I love his work on CD and the fact that he left took a little away from the cd for me. Wish he we got the Better video.

Guest ben9785

DJ is awesome, f the haters.

Can't people have opinions? And did any one of us say f- the lovers towards fans of Ashba? Ashba fans are so quick to blast those of us supporting Robin yet you don't see any of us being rude to Ashba 'lovers'.

I've watched almost all the better performances that have Been on youtube over the past few years with dj, and for the most part they are good, however robins performance the other night was on a whole other level

you're just being diplomatic...

Better is probably my favourite song of ChiDem, and Finck just showed Ashba in 5 mins how it is that you play it..Dj Can't play the solo for sht

DJ is awesome, f the haters.

Can't people have opinions? And did any one of us say f- the lovers towards fans of Ashba? Ashba fans are so quick to blast those of us supporting Robin yet you don't see any of us being rude to Ashba 'lovers'.

Jokes on him bro, he actually likes DJ Ashba. :lol:

Guest ben9785

I've watched almost all the better performances that have Been on youtube over the past few years with dj, and for the most part they are good, however robins performance the other night was on a whole other level

Better is probably my favourite song of ChiDem, and Finck just showed Ashba in 5 mins how it is that you play it..Dj Can't play the solo for sht

Yeah that's it. I mean, even just his presence onstage, connecting with the band rather than posing and doing the Hulk Hogan gestures. He just gets in and plays.

Edited by ben9785

Yeah that's it. I mean, even just his presence onstage, connecting with the band rather than posing and doing the Hulk Hogan gestures. He just gets in and plays.

Finck gets down to business whereas Ashba wants to be a heartthrob.

Guest gunns5

I can't go back to watching any dj performances of Better now after seeing Fincks. :shrugs:

Edited by gunns5

lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif

"Les Pauls to me just didn't make sense" - God, this guy is an idiot.

Edited by pi2loc

:confused: Awful performance. Glad they brought a new song but it wasn't their best.

Are you insane?

VHS,bootleg from 90s and rasp.For those who say that you cant realize how good axl sounds nowadays.

Yes, he sounds awesome nowadays on Dead Flowers. Im glad he doesnt use the rasp as much - the donald duck voice and constant out of tune performances dont do it for me.

I can't go back to watching any dj performances of Better now after seeing Fincks. :shrugs:

Probably you'd find it hilarious but I started liking Better even more when I watched Finck's performance (never searched for earlier performances). The guy is sloppy as hell but he knows how to play his fuckin' solo.

Edited by pi2loc