RNR HALL OF FAME LIVE COVERAGE

JimBobJoeJackJr

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One interesting thing that's been lost in all of the back and forth about old vs. new tonight is that that the members who attended the ceremony respected Axl's wishes and did not mention him. I can't imagine they were concerned about a potential lawsuit that would be laughed out of court. Were they simply trying to respect his wishes? Were they just being classy? Are they still holding out hope that if they play nice something could happen down the road? It will be interesting to find out what, if any, comments they made to the media. I was surprised that we didn't hear at least one of them openly thank or praise Axl by name despite his press release.

That is because those guys went for two reasons. To honor the fans who supported the band, and to have fun.

There is only one guy obsessed with lawsuits and feuds and grudges.

Tonight was "rock n roll" folks. "Rock n roll" isn't the guy who took his ball and went home.

well, great reviews so far. great night for fans of the old band and rock fans in general. it's all good. miles is a good singer, i'll give a listen to his work. legally, it may be not gnr anymore, but history allows them to be called Guns n' Roses for one more night.

full videostream live rip, not great but if you missed it then...

part 1

youtube.com/watch?v=AcEixD0Yv5I

part 2

youtube.com/watch?v=6kcgPOw54i4

part 3

youtube.com/watch?v=oB0wp58Riug

part 4

youtube.com/watch?v=rv4e14H_MM8

did not record the final song with RHCP :( sorry

LOL @ the first video. Thank you GG

Ya between me trying to block the twitter feed and the HOF livestream being an ass it was not perfect lol, but that is what we got for now till something better comes along

Oh my god... It was so fucking awesome.

If Axl had been there, the world would go down, and this is not an exageration.

And that makes me really sad and at the same time angry with Axl. He's gonna regret that for the rest of his life.

Edited by MANETS.FOREVER

Damn, Axl is getting absolutely destroyed for not showing up. This is going to be worse for whatever is left of his "image" than any reunion talk that might have been spurned by him showing up.

Check out this one on Yahoo - "Axl Booed, Ignored and Rock Hall of Fame Inductions" - http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-presses/axl-rose-booed-ignored-rock-hall-fame-inductions-043105158.html

Well, there were many stories about how Axl "can't sing," mocking his weight, and basically ripping him apart after RIR last year.

After that GN'R toured South America and the US twice.

Adler had a smile the whole time playing, and he attempted to throw the sticks into the balcony at the end, and missed both times lol

Proof that he loves the fans. People can talk about self-promotion with an event like this as much as they like, but the guy was trying to throw some sticks to fans up top

Damn, Axl is getting absolutely destroyed for not showing up. This is going to be worse for whatever is left of his "image" than any reunion talk that might have been spurned by him showing up.

Check out this one on Yahoo - "Axl Booed, Ignored and Rock Hall of Fame Inductions" - http://music.yahoo.c...-043105158.html

Well, there were many stories about how Axl "can't sing," mocking his weight, and basically ripping him apart after RIR last year.

After that GN'R toured South America and the US twice.

Unfair to personally attack him, professionally maybe as he's "out there" for criticism but his weight? That's wrong, he has feelings too.

LOL at people saying "move on".

Axl apparently hasn't moved on. He keeps playing the old music. He keeps playing the music that his former bandmates helped to create.

If Axl "moved on" nobody would go see his shows. He's even having trouble selling tickets playing the old shit. Imagine how bad it would be for him if he "moved on".

Axl worshippers are funny.

He has every right to play the old music, he helped create it. He's every part of GnR as the ex band members. But maybe that's too simple a notion for you to understand, or you're just lazy and type out a generic statement, poke your tongue out and go nahhhhhh. It seems you can only juggle the one idea that moving on means to leave everything you've ever done in the past behind you. As opposed to carrying with you -- your experiences, knowledge and skill and now playing with a different set of people.

And if you can only grasp one thing, then apply your skewed logic to these guys. VR played old GnR shit all the time, heck all those guys play the old songs in their current bands. Where's the ruckus from folks then saying, oh get over it move on already!

When people saying Axl has moved on, or for people to move on already, it's about the old band getting together mostly. As in move the fuck on with your thoughts, get over it and accept what we have now is GnR. Slash has his band, Duff, Adler etc. That's reality, come back to it.

Would like to see what Axl has to say about tonight though.Wish he would release a letter with his thoughts on the night.Which will never happen. :(

Bet he is wearing that sad face like in the limo in Estranged just knowing what he missed.

Edited by SweetRose

Adler had a smile the whole time playing, and he attempted to throw the sticks into the balcony at the end, and missed both times lol

:rofl-lol: Baaahahaha would love to see that. Sounds like he had the time of his life tonight, good on him. He's done some stupid things in his life, copped a lot but the guy seems super friendly to fans. I'm glad he had one last night of the big lights & fame.

:rofl-lol: Baaahahaha would love to see that. Sounds like he had the time of his life tonight, good on him. He's done some stupid things in his life, copped a lot but the guy seems super friendly to fans. I'm glad he had one last night of the big lights & fame.

You can tell by the way he delicately hit the cymbals and shit, he was trying to do it perfectly, he probably had a boner....now back to reality for adler

You can tell by the way he delicately hit the cymbals and shit, he was trying to do it perfectly, he probably had a boner....now back to reality for adler

By reality, I guess you mean Alder's solo album, coming soon I think.

I'm pretty sure Slash plays on a track or two. I think Adler's quoted as saying 'is better than CD or something'

Edited by vaida

I think he really and finally turned the page tonight. Good for him.