RNR HALL OF FAME LIVE COVERAGE

JimBobJoeJackJr

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do any of you "real" Axl fans think he wouldn't actually be having a blast if he was there partying with all these guys? As bitter an old man as he's become, I think he's going to regret not attending this.

Or maybe not. Maybe he's happy being holed up in his room eating cheetos and watching it on a choppy Internet stream.

maybe he is happy making a stand he believed in?

Which is....? What? There was really no good reason not to go.

Everyone has moments in their life where they look back and say, "Fuck, I was stupid - I really should/shouldn't have done that". I think while watching this, and you KNOW Axl is fucking watching this right now, he's going to regret not being part of it.

he didnt want to be used by a sham of an organization to gain money and get ratings by promoting the reunion angle. axl said fuck that why is that such a bad thing? if an organization was honoring you and were going to make you pay money to get in the door and charge you money to have your friends and family go in and you knew they were just using you to make money and increase their ratings you would go and smile all the way doing it?

Who was promoting a reunion angle? Literally, I don't think I've heard one person legitimately say "Oh man, GNR is gonna show up at the HOF and then reunite and go on a world tour!".

It's just more paranoia from the Axl nuthuggers.

Edited by OTHAFA

lol @ everyone getting so excited and commenting both positively and negatively to this performance. After hearing GUnsGuys uploads I can't say if it was good or bad...it could be anyone playing tbh, quality is so poor for obvious reasons.

I'll hold for the actual footage and judge. But tbh, HOF should have distinguished what is current guns, and what they are celebrating here, which is a phase of the band .. of which has gone through heaps of lineups which is just the nature of the beast.

It is soo fn funny that people are calling the ex members and that dude, the real Guns N Roses! Best humor of the night for me.

That dude almost became the singer for Zep when Plant canned the reunion tour...

robert plant sounds like shit anyone could replace him and be an improvement

Don't disrespect Led Zeppelin. Otherwise I will have to kill you 'kay? :tongue2:

not disrespecting led zepp, i love led zepp im talking about nowadays plant sounds like shit live now

Wait plant sounds like shit now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvVc0icLa-E&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Now that I'm thinking about this whole thing, it should be amazing if Slash would have said: "And finally, I wanted to thank Axl Rose, he didn't want to be here but wherever you are "my friend", thank you!". I would have cried :).

I was wondering if anyone would thank Axl. I guess Matt did because he thanked band members that were not there. So I guess that means Axl, Izzy, and Dizzy.

Edited by rocker rockstar

so they did it!.. AWESOME!!!

OLD GNR........... WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Old' GNR?

What we heard was just plain GNR

LA

If you don't believe the current GnR it's actually GnR fine whatever! Then it's not GnR... But then you go and call this GnR? Withouth Izzy and Axl? Seriously?!!! :rofl-lol:

I'm sorry but as of your writing of that, current Gn'R is Slash, Duff, Steven, Matt, and Gilby.

I don't often say this here, but you were too stupid to shut the fuck up and listen to some great stuff tonight and I'm sorry for you. People often use the saying that God gave you two ears and one mouth so you can listen twice as much as you speak. I suppose for a little man begging for attention when he knows he'll have a big audience, it's even worse given you have ten fingers and only two ears. You're probably that same fucking douchebag, everyone will know the one I'm talking about, there's always one at every show, when you go to a concert and they are playing the acoustic stuff, you're yelling something louder than the band is playing, seeking attention when nobody came to hear your shit, they came to listen to the band and celebrate the music together. I've said it to that douchebag many times and I'll say it to you.

Shut up and go fuck yourself. Goes for all of you "that douchebag"s.

I laughed so fuckin' hard at this. I love your posts. Fuckin' A+!!

Now that I'm thinking about this whole thing, it should be amazing if Slash would have said: "And finally, I wanted to thank Axl Rose, he didn't want to be here but wherever you are "my friend", thank you!". I would have cried :).

that would have been pretty cool

Oh wow, I could tear up just reading that. Pity he didn't think of it himself - how powerful that would have been.

But GNR before Purple n Kiss is bizarre. Only reason is HOF wants hype of GNR reunion. Esp with HBO now.

That how I saw it as well.

same as i do. guns n roses deserves to be in the hall no doubt axl,slash,izzy,duff,adler,sorum,dizzy deserved their award but i also feel how the hall is fucked up 6 ways from sunday how they make bands wait a very long time to get in, it took sabbath like 20 years for fuck sakes, plus not mentioning all those that didnt get in yet. it just seems the hall wanted to push this for ratings and money. van halen got inducted right around the same time, reunion rumors were flying with roth.

It is soo fn funny that people are calling the ex members and that dude, the real Guns N Roses! Best humor of the night for me.

That dude almost became the singer for Zep when Plant canned the reunion tour...

Don't disrespect Led Zeppelin. Otherwise I will have to kill you 'kay? :tongue2:

not disrespecting led zepp, i love led zepp im talking about nowadays plant sounds like shit live now

Posting a performance from a year ago?

Yeah, that makes alot of sense.

<_<

I was wondering if anyone would thank Axl. I guess Matt did because he thanked band members that were not there. So I guess that means Axl, Izzy, and Dizzy.

That was a good and nice thing for Matt to say

Oh wow, I could tear up just reading that. Pity he didn't think of it himself - how powerful that would have been.

He probably wanted to, but Axl explicitly asked in the letter not to be named or associated with the band at all. He probably would have sued anyone who mentioned his name. Chris Rock can probably expect a lawsuit of some sort.

<_<

6 months ago is not a year ago

He probably wanted to, but Axl explicitly asked in the letter not to be named or associated with the band at all. He probably would have sued anyone who mentioned his name. Chris Rock can probably expect a lawsuit of some sort.

Or HBO can just bleep Axl's name or edit out the joke entirely.

Wow. If Axl was singing, it would sound exactly like the '80s.

Sad but true

LA

That's the fucking problem!!!!!!!!!!!! And one of the reasons Axl doesn't want this shit. It's 2012, get over the old shit, move on. Axl has, and I think tonight will be a wake up call for all the rest of these guys, and hopefully this will be the end of this debacle. All that matters from here on out is what Guns N' Roses IS, not what was it WAS. Fuck the old shit. Let's go Axl :)

Yes, move on. Axl has a new band. Its NOT Guns N Roses. It was the "OLD" shit that made him able to spend what 12 mil. on recording an album that took 15 years to make. He should have done what other bigger bands have done in the past. Bury the name, and start a new band or project.

I am not an Axl hater, but he did lose some of my respect on just that thing. How many band's in Rock history that were mega huge, that did what Axl is doing?

HMMMM. What if Robert Plant did that. Take the name Led Zeppelin when basically the members dispersed,( they had a falling out like GNR did and vowed never to unite.) and started a new band. "OH BUT ITS LED ZEPPELIN, cause I'm in it" So I guess, from what you just said fuck the old shit, so fuck Stairway to Heaven, Cashmir, etc... CAUSE ITS THE NEW ZEPPELIN THAT MATTERS! RIGHHT!

Like I said Axl started anew band, name should have been changed.

Edited by cyanide3

That is atrocious. They played Brownstone, SCOM and PC tonight. Axl sounds awful on 2 of those songs now. It is probably a good thing he didn't show up tonight.

What a difference between the two bands.

<_<

Ok, than I can say it was a bad night for him.

One interesting thing that's been lost in all of the back and forth about old vs. new tonight is that that the members who attended the ceremony respected Axl's wishes and did not mention him. I can't imagine they were concerned about a potential lawsuit that would be laughed out of court. Were they simply trying to respect his wishes? Were they just being classy? Are they still holding out hope that if they play nice something could happen down the road? It will be interesting to find out what, if any, comments they made to the media. I was surprised that we didn't hear at least one of them openly thank or praise Axl by name despite his press release.

<_<

still hard to watch, blame the weather if you want. axl was a mess that day. warm-up shows are so disrespectful to the fans. can't believe there is such thing like "warm up shows" only on axl's head really.