RNR HALL OF FAME LIVE COVERAGE

JimBobJoeJackJr

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as all of this Axl bashing goes, and I like the guy, but why does Izzy get a free pass for not showing up???? No one has called him a pussy, disrespectful "to the fans", etc. Just like Axl, he simply decided not to go, but for some reason, that's fine...

Duff, Slash, and Steven should get some slack for not taking any questions. You guys don't care about Axl not going, but won't stand in front of the media?? Come on...

They are dictated by hof . They don't want questions backfiring on their event.

Then they should have asked Axl what e wanted to do first, since he is still in the band. Knowing the problems of GNR, doing thisgives credence to what Eddie Trunk said about the HOF. They just wanted the reunion tour to start at the HOF. Axl knew this, and left them holding the Slash bag.

That's the problem with duplistic people. Adler and Slash are all cool and being "humble" on stage, but it's a sham. Keep in mind these guys have verbally crapped on Axl for the past 20 odd years. So if they present themselves as being all cool and having their shit together, it generates alot of fuck you Axl posts as the simpletons then are easily corralled into thinking the problems that exist with the old GnR lineup are purely down to Axl.

Ever think that they crapped on Axl because he deserved it. With Duff, Slash, Izzy, Adler, Gilby all saying the same thing about the guy, perhaps it may have been justified criticism.

And it's insane to blame these guys for walking away. If you were in a business/partnership/marriage and the other party/person was treating you like shit, wouldn't you extricate yourself from that situation. It's like blaming a woman for leaving an abusive husband. Doesn't mean that these guys aren't without their faults (ie drugs, booze), but their problems weren't so bad that the others quit on them.

I know Axl doesn't want to give these guys their moments, but why is everyone here begrudging these guys for celebrating their pasts. Remember, these are the guys responsible for most of the songs you're going to see Axl and his band play this past year and upcoming summer.

It's amazing that on a night like this we can't be happy for a group of guys that gave us so much and are giving back to the fans by honoring the music we hold so dear.

The only part of this I disagree with is the "everyone" comment. It's not everyone, just the loons who think Axl is going to read their post and want them to be his new BFF. You know, because you can't like old and new GNR. Bad joke about the "everyone' line aside, great post.

Yes, good point, didn't mean to implicate all those who have posted or are following the ceremonies. Only speaking to those drinking the Kool-Aid.

Good for him lol. Winning and grinning too by the looks of it tonight, did you ever see the guy's face without a smile I can't find one fucking photo of him not smiling.

Steven rocked it tonight.

He handled the proceedings with dignity and class.

Good on him. :)

Seeing a huge rockstar like Flea go up there, and be so modest, humble and grateful.

Just makes Axl seem like an ungrateful diva IMO

LA

Just stop already. The shit is done and over. It was an honor that was bestowed upon Axl, and it was his decision not to take it. That's fine, it's his decision, the end. Doesn't affect you or me, just stop.

I have to cry bullshit on this one. He has every right as a fan to voice his opinion.

I agree, yes, but he's done nothing but trash Axl, which is pointless. Axl's decision to not go has fuck all to do with anything about the fans like he's been claiming. If you win the lottery, but decide not to take the winnings because maybe you're afraid of all the shit it will bring into your life, the crazies, the lawsuits, the beggars and hanger ons, does it make you ungrateful? No. It's just a decision you made for yourself.

Let me know if you win the lottery. I'll be happy to carry that burden for you. :rofl-lol:

That's the problem with duplistic people. Adler and Slash are all cool and being "humble" on stage, but it's a sham. Keep in mind these guys have verbally crapped on Axl for the past 20 odd years. So if they present themselves as being all cool and having their shit together, it generates alot of fuck you Axl posts as the simpletons then are easily corralled into thinking the problems that exist with the old GnR lineup are purely down to Axl.

Ever think that they crapped on Axl because he deserved it. With Duff, Slash, Izzy, Adler, Gilby all saying the same thing about the guy, perhaps it may have been justified criticism.

And it's insane to blame these guys for walking away. If you were in a business/partnership/marriage and the other party/person was treating you like shit, wouldn't you extricate yourself from that situation. It's like blaming a woman for leaving an abusive husband. Doesn't mean that these guys aren't without their faults (ie drugs, booze), but their problems weren't so bad that the others quit on them.

I know Axl doesn't want to give these guys their moments, but why is everyone here begrudging these guys for celebrating their pasts. Remember, these are the guys responsible for most of the songs you're going to see Axl and his band play this past year and upcoming summer.

It's amazing that on a night like this we can't be happy for a group of guys that gave us so much and are giving back to the fans by honoring the music we hold so dear.

Adler aside when has Slash ever crapped on Axl?? Any interview video or written I've seen him do since 1996 he's very diplomatic about Axl. The most critical i've heard him be was in his book. Even so he's stating shit that EVERY member of the original Guns has already said. Therefore I just don't get this thing of Slash talking shit about Axl.

As far as all of this Axl bashing goes, and I like the guy, but why does Izzy get a free pass for not showing up???? No one has called him a pussy, disrespectful "to the fans", etc. Just like Axl, he simply decided not to go, but for some reason, that's fine...

Double standards.

I wonder what chris pitman thinks of all this

Who gives a flying fuck

To think, Chris Pitman has been in GNR longer than any of those guys....

And contributed....nothing at all

He at least contributed the same amount as Steven.

How old are you?

You are so clueless.

Let's see. Steven Adler: One album.

I think they both didn't want to be standing next to green day.

"I'm just going to go in with a good attitude and a clear head and a grateful heart." - Dizzy Reed

What happened to this? Axl decided not to go, so Dizzy didn't go either?

the Hall was charging him 3k a seat for his family and friends. His wife stepped in to save the family home.

Edited by wasted

Duff, Slash, and Steven should get some slack for not taking any questions. You guys don't care about Axl not going, but won't stand in front of the media?? Come on...

They are dictated by hof . They don't want questions backfiring on their event.

Then they should have asked Axl what e wanted to do first, since he is still in the band. Knowing the problems of GNR, doing thisgives credence to what Eddie Trunk said about the HOF. They just wanted the reunion tour to start at the HOF. Axl knew this, and left them holding the Slash bag.

Eddie Trunk doesn't even think GNR belonged since his precious Kiss and others aren't in the HOF. Don't get me wrong, I also feel Kiss belongs, but he becomes a whiney bitch whenever the HOF comes up. Just saying...

yet some of those who "don't care about the old lineup" enter and feel the need to comment and voice negative oppinions..

There's some chodes here proving themselves to be incredibly ignorant fuckheads tonight.

I'm guessing an average age range of 12 to 15.

Just sad for any era of the band you prefer. :no:

Who gives a flying fuck

How old are you?

You are so clueless.

I think your are saying these dumb things just to get a rise out of some of the people in this thread. Nice try.

So Im a lurker I suppose, I dont post much but I am certainly full of opinions....

It sucks that Axl decided not to attend but I suppose I understand. He wants his current GNR to be successful and I cant blame him. If someone were to give an award to my exgirlfriend and I as the best couple ever I dont think I would attend, at least if I wanted to keep my wife happy I wouldnt. But I also see the other side of it. I wish that Axl would have gone, played a few tunes. I would have been able to relive my glory days, and maybe that is what the reunion stuff is all about. Lets face it those of us that were young enough to feel/see the power of the original line-up are not so young anymore and seeing them together again would give us the memories and emotions of those days.

I am personally torn. i do love the new band, but I grew up on the original. Did anyone else get that nostalgia/goose bump feeling when they were showing the clips of Old Guns. I know I did. I loved that band so fucking much. To be honest mainly I did love Axl. He was so bad ass and what a voice. The dude could sing anything and make it sound cool. I mean Heartbreak Hotel never sounded so cool. Anyway, I had a point here and I just lost it, damn Captain Morgan and Jaeger.

If Axl and the NuGuns would hustle and promote as much as the old one; more albums, interviews, press, etc. Then maybe I wouldnt miss the old group so much. Maybe if Axl was in better shape, could nail the old songs ALL THE TIME, and keep a consistent line-up then maybe I could be more excited about NuGuns. But its all been, in my opinion, a whole lot of waiting and hoping for this nu band to produce. Do I think they are capable and worthy of the GNR name, yes I do. But I am really tired of waiting for them to live up to it. What the fuck are the waiting for!

OK I think Ive said my piece. Back to my Captain and Coke. PS no offense meant to anyone in either camp. I love Axl and Slash. Thats why I am a GNR fan!

Who gives a flying fuck

How old are you?

You are so clueless.

I think your are saying these dumb things just to get a rise out of some of the people in this thread. Nice try.

Oh, am I wrong?

I'm just trying to level the playing field.