Death - A metal "Brand"?

cherry_bomb

It's a bad thing that you're getting inspiration from a shit music genre. :thumbsup:

Exactly what i was trying to say. There is hardly any good that comes from listening to this particular genre. I did my fair share of musical experimentation, this genre is 1 of the worst. You are better off with listening to top 100 pop hits on the radio. There is a reason why countless media forms mock this and black metal and whatever you like to throw in the pot of crap. It's just that, crap. Drop D or E tuning for every song....Just Complete depressive shit to the max.

How the hell would you even get Drop E tuning? You'd have to tune everything up to F# and keep the low E the same... Or tune to drop D and capo the second fret. Neither of which is prevalent within the genre... And if you meant E standard, what?

Did you even read any of the discussion that was going on?

Never mind the fact that 90% of all rock is played in either E standard or Drop D. Including Guns.

Actually, most of Gn'R's songs are tuned to Eb, there's also some Drop D songs on the Ilussions and some Drop C# in CD.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's everyone's fave Death record then? Symbolic just grabs it for me, beautiful stuff!

The Sound of Perseverance for me.

great albums, sound of perseverance was my introduction to death, but my fave has been spiritual healing

• 3 weeks later...

What's everyone's fave Death record then? Symbolic just grabs it for me, beautiful stuff!

The Sound of Perseverance for me.

great albums, sound of perseverance was my introduction to death, but my fave has been spiritual healing

I'm with you there

"Soundtrack" was the first IF album I really got into. I think the first album I bought was Come Clarity. My problem with that album is, everything goes great until Scream, which totally kills the momentum, the album just drags on (for me) until the last 2 songs.

I fuckin HATED Jester Race, Whoracle and Colony when I first started listening to IF. Clayman was as far back as I could go without just hearing noise, save for a few songs (Insipid 2000, Everything Counts).

I've seen them twice (got Clayman and SOAPF signed the first time and a picture with Niklas), and they really are fuckin awesome. They're not "rock stars", they're just normal, cool guys on stage.

The production on RTR is what kills the album. Some great songs, but overall it's unlistenable...