Slash's solos.

YOUCOULDBEMINE.

By The Sword, Starlight, I Hold On, those are one of the best solos he's ever written, all from his last album..

he's always been like that, he does what comes out natural and if that scares people.. good.. Lies, UYI, AFD, they all had normal solos and a few that stand out, same as Snakepit, VR and these last 2 albums

I disagree. 'normal solos and a few that stand out'? nah.

AFD and UYI are filled with incredible solos by the man. I don't think I need to give examples.

I remember reading a recent Slash interview where he said he doesn't have the attention span to work on something for too long.

My guess is that in the Guns days, he had the motivation to go through his lead work with a fine tooth combed and now he just works like he wants to, which makes sense cause it's his solo albums but it doesn't compare to his past work imo.

It's obviously not the only factor, but it does sound like his solos in Apocalyptic Love are mostly improvised. Anastasia being one of the only standouts for me.

It's not like you can't still put out great material just because you're an aging guitarist. Just look at Jeff Beck.

Edited by Rovim