Rio 91

Guns n' Swedes

It just occurred to me that Rock in Rio 91 had even more mistakes and out of breath moments than RIR 2011.

During this concert he even admitted that he don't even know if he remembered the verse for Nightrain, he made mistakes on the jungle lyrics, on civil war, and others.

My point is that it has always been the same with Axl, both young and old Axl.

Hate him or love him for it, but I choose to love him for it.

I don't think Axl sounded good in paris 1992

Really? I'd say that's one of the more consistent GNR UYI shows.

I think it's Argentina of that year where he sounds fantastic though. The show where he has to stop it a couple of times because people are throwing shit (Nightrain and YCBM from what I recall) and he comes back in after the breaks and fucking nails it.

OP is right about RIR 91 though. He is not exactly spot on on the Tokyo DVDs either. The first half of SCOM is a bit of a mess. Pulls it back after the solo though.

Edited by Chinaski

I think it's Argentina of that year where he sounds fantastic though. The show where he has to stop it a couple of times because people are throwing shit (Nightrain and YCBM from what I recall) and he comes back in after the breaks and fucking nails it.

OP is right about RIR 91 though. He is not exactly spot on on the Tokyo DVDs either. The first half of SCOM is a bit of a mess. Pulls it back after the solo though.

paris 92 is one of my fave all time gnr concerts i remember being 6 and my dad ordering it off pay per view, wore that tape out after many years of watching it

paris 92 is one of my fave all time gnr concerts i remember being 6 and my dad ordering it off pay per view, wore that tape out after many years of watching it

Lucky you had a cool dad. That's awesome you were influenced at such a young age and remember it too. I can't wait to introduce GNR to my son when he gets a lil older (he's 1).

i remeber my mum and dad taping the show for me i had just got into gnr i was 13 at the time loved that concert but like u i wore the tape out but i managed to buy the dvd from ebay a few months bk. fell in love with axl there and then.

my son wants to come next time they play he is 7 the now thank god 1 off my kids like gnr :rofl-lol:

Edited by TAYLOR

i remeber my mum and dad taping the show for me i had just got into gnr i was 13 at the time loved that concert but like u i wore the tape out but i managed to buy the dvd from ebay a few months bk. fell in love with axl there and then.

my son wants to come next time they play he is 7 the now thank god 1 off my kids like gnr :rofl-lol:

I took my son to see Guns in Oct he was 9 at the time. He enjoyed it alot was a bit overwhelming though. He made to the encore then had to go he was too tired to stay. In his defense it was 2 am. I brought his DSI so he played video games to pass the time

Only judging by Youtube videos obviously but 91 seemed kinda meh as far as the performances go ( I mean, strictly from a point of view of the playing and the singing itself, not the unveiling of songs, the attitude etc... ) however some of the 93 concerts...wow... :shocked:

Edited by The Glow Inc.

It just occurred to me that Rock in Rio 91 had even more mistakes and out of breath moments than RIR 2011.

During this concert he even admitted that he don't even know if he remembered the verse for Nightrain, he made mistakes on the jungle lyrics, on civil war, and others.

My point is that it has always been the same with Axl, both young and old Axl.

Hate him or love him for it, but I choose to love him for it.

RIR 2011 was awefull,rock in rio 91 disaster?? what?

Drunk Axl is always best. Disastrous? No way, best concert ever. Best Jungle intro ever, best transition between DDTJ and WTTJ ever. Bad Apples performed live - best rare song performed ever. Plus, Axl ended up naked. Should I continue?

I liked Argentina 1993. His voice was like a chainsaw and it was awesome!

The UYI band had some amazing shows and also some crappy ones. Axl has always been Axl.

The UYI band had some amazing shows and also some crappy ones. Axl has always been Axl.

agreed

but this is :rofl-lol:

1991 in general was rough. The warm up shows before UYI actually came out were really strong, but the tour proper until a few months into 1992 were typically full of crazy, raw energy, but sounded rough as fuck. Spring of 1992-1993 was mostly fantastic, though. 1993 might be the best year of the UYI years. 1987-1990 were Axl's true vocal peak. The You're Crazy on the Live Era album is probably the best live vocal performance he ever did. That shit's crazy.