What was New-GNR's best gig?

What was the best New-GNR gig?  

95 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bucharest 2010 or Toronto 2010 if you havent seen the videos you fuckers should check em out those two are the fuckin' bitchin....Listen to I.R.S. in Bucharest and Nightrain, Rocket Queen, Knockin', Jungle, and Especially IF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!! in Toronto. Fuckin mind blowing...can't understand why the fuck they are not on the poll...Just because they're not world famous gigs..

Edited by BakerGNR

Rock In Rio III

London 10/14/10 (with Duff)

RIR III- not a perfect show by any means- but thanks to the sheer scale of the event there was just an "epic magic" to it reminiscent of Old Guns IMHO. Demonstrated to the world that Axl/GN'R could still pull-in a huge audience and " play the fuck out of these songs". They also dominated media coverage of the event- which was also similar to 87-93...

London 10/14/10- GREAT show- and call me crazy but I think a fair amount of Old Guns fans began to cut Axl some slack when they saw that he and Duff were "cool" (and Duff and Bumble too). Izzy playing with the band didn't have quite the same impact IMHO b/c Axl and Izzy were best buds back in the day and Izzy wasn't necessarily all that close with the Slash/Duff/Matt camp. Seeing Duff up therethough was a big deal IMHO...

Hammerstein '06

The Ritz '12

Hammerstein - I remember being online that night, and the atmosphere on the forum was just electric. Everyone was buzzing; "what will Axl look like?", "will he even show up?", "who is the new guitarist?", "will any new songs get played?". I remember it briefly crashed because the traffic was so high. Then the reports started coming in; "Axl looks and sounds incredible", "Bumblefoot is the new guitarist", "Baz duet on My Michelle", "Better", "IRS", "TWAT", "new intros for CD and The Blues". It was such a positive atmosphere, and it was pretty incredible.

The Ritz - Maybe I'm a little biased on this one having been to the show personally, I'll say that right up front. But besides that, holy fuck was it an amazing show! 3 hours and 20 minutes, making it in the top 5 longest GN'R shows ever I believe. Even without everything that made the show great, it was bound to go down as a memorable gig for the band given the history of GN'R at The Ritz. Then the surprises started coming...You're Crazy, Used To Love Her, Civil War (After it's first absence at Terminal 5 since it's return in 2011), and My Michelle. And everyone in the band was just having a ball...even Axl spent a large portion of the show high-fiving people down front (Myself included, 3 times B) ). And obviously...the show means a lot to me personally, with Axl holding up our banner and then getting it back to us, and Bumblefoot having some of my pictures published.