What if other band members turned up late?

izzydoezit

What if let's say Ashba or BBF or Frank, every other night came to the venue a couple or three hours late, and had some excuse in the spirit of Axl's excuses (that he needs to prepare mentally to give his best etc). Do you think Axl would tolerate that and be understanding since he has the same thing happen to him too? Or would he be instantly fired?

Edited by izzydoezit

What if let's say Ashba or BBF or Frank, every other night came to the venue a couple or three hours late, and had some excuse in the spirit of Axl's excuses. Do you think Axl would tolerate that? Or would he be instantly fired?

Of course he would tolerate it. He would probably embrace it. There is no such thing as "too late" for Axl.

One thing I think is funny is that every interview you watch with Slash from 91-93 (or atleast the ones I have seen) he never says it's Axl's foult that they go on late he always said it was the whole band that was getting in the mood and the right head space to go on. But after 93 in every interview he says it's all Axl's foult and that they where always waiting for him and that they where always ready to go on.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

They'd be fired :lol: No one can should get away with it to be honest. It's mad how we all still go to these shows knowing a late start is a given. His talent carries him.

One thing I think is funny is that every interview you watch with Slash from 91-93 (or atleast the ones I have seen) he never says it's Axl's foult that they go on late he always said it was the whole band that was getting in the mood and the right head space to go on. But after 93 in every interview he says it's all Axl's foult and that they where always waiting for him and that they where always ready to go on.

You ever think that maybe at the time he wanted to have his band mate's back, but later decided he didn't give a shit anymore and said things closer to the truth?

What if let's say Ashba or BBF or Frank, every other night came to the venue a couple or three hours late, and had some excuse in the spirit of Axl's excuses. Do you think Axl would tolerate that? Or would he be instantly fired?

Of course he would tolerate it. He would probably embrace it. There is no such thing as "too late" for Axl.

He'd go "FINALLY someone got it!"

You ever think that maybe at the time he wanted to have his band mate's back, but later decided he didn't give a shit anymore and said things closer to the truth?

I didn't say I didn't understand it just that I thought that it's funny.

And what if Axl calls Izzy on stage and he's nowhere to be found cos he's already gone to Trinidad?

"Izzy does what Izzy does. I mean, it's like, you talk to Izzy one day and then you think hey we're gonna go over here to this record store but whatever. The next day you find out he's in Trinidad you know..."

eddie trunk interview, 06

This!

:rofl-lol:

Axl wouldn't know because he wouldn't be there yet. :lol:

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Axl runs the show.

All the more reason it's not a "band". It should be Axl solo.

Oh nice try. Well maybe you need to freshen up on what the word "band" means. I mean, seriously. Axl didn't dictate every single note, beat, and melody for Chinese Democracy. No offense, but it's really annoying how people are portraying Axl like Chuck Berry or something. He's the leader of the band. Y'know... a lot of bands have leaders. Sometimes they're called "band leaders." But seriously. Chinese Democracy is not a solo project. Do you know whyyyy? Because Buckethead and Finck have their stamp all over that album.

Keep telling yourself and others it's not a band. Keep calling it "Axl's solo project" if that's what makes you happy. It doesn't change the fact that it is, and will continue to be, Guns n Roses. It's a band, and Axl's at the helm. But a solo project, it ain't.

Edited by Popcorn's Snare

Axl runs the show.

Oh nice try. Well maybe you need to freshen up on what the word "band" means. I mean, seriously. Axl didn't dictate every single note, beat, and melody for Chinese Democracy. No offense, but it's really annoying how people are portraying Axl like Chuck Berry or something. He's the leader of the band. Y'know... a lot of bands have leaders. Sometimes they're called "band leaders." But seriously. Chinese Democracy is not a solo project. Do you know whyyyy? Because Buckethead and Finck have their stamp all over that album.

Keep telling yourself and others it's not a band. Keep calling it "Axl's solo project" if that's what makes you happy. It doesn't change the fact that it is, and will continue to be, Guns n Roses. It's a band, and Axl's at the helm. But a solo project, it ain't.

CD is Axls creation-which is kick ass. It's not some " team effort". Sorry, but the truth hurts. And yes- it's a great piece of music......

Axl runs the show.

Um, solo artists do have bands, but it's still considered a solo project. Solo artists often collaborate with other musicians and songwriters, and it's still a solo project. I don't give a damn about Axl calling his band Guns N' Roses, but it is pretty much the Axl Rose Show going out as Guns N' Roses because Axl has the legal right to do so.

Axl runs the show.

Um, solo artists do have bands, but it's still considered a solo project. Solo artists often collaborate with other musicians and songwriters, and it's still a solo project. I don't give a damn about Axl calling his band Guns N' Roses, but it is pretty much the Axl Rose Show going out as Guns N' Roses because Axl has the legal right to do so.

And millions of other popular rock bands have experienced the same thing. Scant remaining members still using the name(s). I just don't know how you can listen to Chinese Democracy and not agree it's very much Bucket's and Finck's album too.

Axl runs the show.

And millions of other popular rock bands have experienced the same thing. Scant remaining members still using the name(s). I just don't know how you can listen to Chinese Democracy and not agree it's very much Bucket's and Finck's album too.

not only that but look how many different song writers are on the credits.