Download 2006

vaida

I just dug out a video tape. It appears I recorded a television show covering Download 2006. I don’t ever recall watching it. There’s all these bands on there I don’t really know. The format appears to include talking to the bands and showing a single song. Metallica don’t appear to be on top of their game. When it comes to Guns N’Roses, they talk to Sebastian Bach ? ..and of all songs they decide to show, they show My Michelle. Sebastian Bach murders it, other than the drumming, the backing don’t sound all that great either.

-

..after the ad's, they show Paradise City. Both BF and Robin Finck and Izzy are on the stage. Axl sounds like Mickey Mouse.

Edited by vaida

I just dug out a video tape. It appears I recorded a television show covering Download 2006. I don’t ever recall watching it. There’s all these bands on there I don’t really know. The format appears to include talking to the bands and showing a single song. Metallica don’t appear to be on top of their game. When it comes to Guns N’Roses, they talk to Sebastian Bach ? ..and of all songs they decide to show, they show My Michelle. Sebastian Bach murders it, other than the drumming, the backing don’t sound all that great either.

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't this shown in theatres?

Was there ever a DVD release of this program/movie?

Edited by Freddie Mercury's Ghost

Axl sounds as good as he ever did on that song there imo, Nightrain is one song he absolutely killed every single night without fail in 2006 and 2010. Especially that night, might have been Tokyo '09, when he sang it like a step up or something? That was nuts.

Axl sounds as good as he ever did on that song there imo, Nightrain is one song he absolutely killed every single night without fail in 2006 and 2010. Especially that night, might have been Tokyo '09, when he sang it like a step up or something? That was nuts.

Yeah, he went an octave higher than normal for the first part of the song:

That is a whole lot of degrees of awesomeness!

That is a whole lot of degrees of awesomeness!

I believe I just heard the greatest live performance of Nightrain EVER!

Nightrain was amazing except that the sound doesn't have BBF's solo lol

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">OP is delusional. Guns were great at Download 2006.

That is my favorite performance of Nighttrain. Ever. In fact, it's one of the best of all Guns performances. They had the Pro-Shot version of this song on the official site at the time. I downloaded it then and still watch it sometimes - God, I miss 2006.

The band was tight as fuck on this song , but Axl just killed it. His vocals was just amazing and he was in awesome shape - spinning and slicing and swaying - just moving around so well, like the Axl of the days of old. If I remember right, the band took up their performance quite a few notches after Axl had slipped and they got booed, or something like that - in fact, while there were the usual Axl/Guns critics complaining, many reviews of Download said that Guns were simply awesome and perhaps the best band on show.

There's one point in this performance where he was fiercely screaming - "I guess, I guess I, I guess I, I guess I never learn", into the mike with Izzy next to him and he seemed to have scared Izzy half way to death laugh.gif.