Would a GnR Box Set be financially rewarding?

Apollo

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't think it'd sell. Think about it. GnR is not relevant anymore. Maybe if it'd been released 15 years ago, then maybe it'd have been financially rewarding. This is not 1992 anymore, when GnR was the biggest band on the planet. Of course, die hard fans would buy it and not even think about it. Hell, I'd buy it if it focused on the old lineup and the Box Set came with bootlegs from the AFD tour and unreleased material from their heyday. But a Box Set that focuses on the new incarnation of GnR would not sell as much as you'd expect. I've always thought people bought CD out of sheer curiosity and sure it's grown on them (some songs have grown on me over the years, but only because I like Axl's voice), but it's not like CD put GnR back where it was in 1992. So even though a biography penned by Axl would be a very interesting read, I don't think a significant number of fans care about remixes and or behind the scenes footage of this current lineup. IMO.

you might not think GNR is relevant but axl sure does think GNR's relevant

I don't think it'd sell. Think about it. GnR is not relevant anymore. Maybe if it'd been released 15 years ago, then maybe it'd have been financially rewarding. This is not 1992 anymore, when GnR was the biggest band on the planet. Of course, die hard fans would buy it and not even think about it. Hell, I'd buy it if it focused on the old lineup and the Box Set came with bootlegs from the AFD tour and unreleased material from their heyday. But a Box Set that focuses on the new incarnation of GnR would not sell as much as you'd expect. I've always thought people bought CD out of sheer curiosity and sure it's grown on them (some songs have grown on me over the years, but only because I like Axl's voice), but it's not like CD put GnR back where it was in 1992. So even though a biography penned by Axl would be a very interesting read, I don't think a significant number of fans care about remixes and or behind the scenes footage of this current lineup. IMO.

I'm sure he does, but he's not gonna buy thousands of copies of the box set himself, now is he?

I'm sure he does, but he's not gonna buy thousands of copies of the box set himself, now is he?

no. the fans will have to buy the copies. but since it is a nu-band...there shouldn't be box sets of classic hits from the back catalog until all the chinese democracy albums have their own releases for purchase

Best Buy unloaded all of their Chinese Democracy CDs to Dollar Tree, where it is priced at $1 - and you guys are gonna pay $300 for the outtakes???!??!?! LMFAO

I haven't listened to Chinese Democracy in forever... so if there was a boxset, I would probably download it and listen a couple of times out of curiosity. I still feel robbed since I paid $35 for a vinyl copy of CD, which is unlistenable due to inner groove distortion.

Edited by nambis

Best Buy unloaded all of their Chinese Democracy CDs to Dollar Tree, where it is priced at $1 - and you guys are gonna pay $300 for the outtakes???!??!?! LMFAO

I haven't listened to Chinese Democracy in forever... so if there was a boxset, I would probably download it and listen a couple of times out of curiosity. I still feel robbed since I paid $35 for a vinyl copy of CD, which is unlistenable due to inner groove distortion.

Yes, because we are Axl Rose fans.

CD sold over 3 million copies, and GnR still sell out overseas......so it wouldn't be surprising for a large box set to sell 500,000 to a million copies.

Yes, because we are Axl Rose fans.

CD sold over 3 million copies, and GnR still sell out overseas......so it wouldn't be surprising for a large box set to sell 500,000 to a million copies.

chinese democracy sold 3 million worldwide. not in america market