If you do not have faith in Guns n Roses, why are you here?

saber_

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems some fans have lost faith in one way or another. Why then, do those people still follow the band? It's quite the riddle. And one which vexes me so.

why not?

Who are you to tell people what they followed or not?

Not to mention the "faith" word have several meanings...

It's like a train smash. I can't look away

I also like ancient Egypt. Should I not be interested just because it doesn't exist anymore?

Oh don't gimme that shit. You flaunt your lack of faith. You rub our noses in it. You take out your frustrations with Axl on other fans. You exert a concerted effort to spread your distaste for GnR.

But your answer certainly is interesting. You seem.. how shall i say.. a little defensive? lulz

So put him on ignore and quit caring what he thinks

No. I'm going to call him out for what he is and challenge him. I don't ignore people (with a button). His behavior pertains to the thread. If you don't like it, leave the thread. =)

Okay, but you constantly whine about posters who "lost faith" or whatever your stupid diagnosis...

You are not better with the constant whining

Gee, it would seem I touched a nerve. I would like to thank those that simply answered my query in the opening post, instead of being "offended" or making annoying editorial comments.

The only nerve you touch is the one in your pants when you think of Axl

Gee, it would seem I touched a nerve. I would like to thank those that simply answered my query in the opening post, instead of being "offended" or making annoying editorial comments.

The only nerve you touch is the one in your pants when you think of Axl

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

I'm here because I want to be. This is one of few sites left where differing opinions are allowed. I have a better question for the OP and those who wonder the same thing:

If you do not like people being less enthusiastic and would prefer them gone, why not just go to the place where that kind of censorship is in full force?

I'm here because I want to be. This is one of few sites left where differing opinions are allowed. I have a better question for the OP and those who wonder the same thing:

If you do not like people being less enthusiastic and would prefer them gone, why not just go to the place where that kind of censorship is in full force?

and the winner is: Rustycage :thumbsup:

and BAN MSL he steal from GNR

Edited by Crash Diet

I always get a kick out of the people who say they're here because they love the old band

OK, great. Yet hese people spend about 0.1% of their time discussing the accomplishments of the old band, their music, etc. and 99.9% of their time bitching about the current band? The reality is that many of these people just want something to complain about and these forums are their only place to voice their opinions.

I understand the people who legitimately are interested in hearing new music from the current lineup and/or the CD era lineup, and are disappointed that new music does not appear imminent. I don't understand the people who have zero interest in music from any lineup that doesn't include Slash yet still hang out and post regularly just to piss in the Cheerios of anyone who is legitimately interested in the post 1996 versions of GnR.

It's no secret I'm not the biggest fan of what Axl and his employees are doing. But in all honesty, to me, and the majority of people, GNR are basically a thing of the past. I know legally they exist, but in essence they put out their last album of new material in 1991 for most. I specifically come here because most of my friends in the real world aren't nearly into GNR in depth like I am. Most tap their foot to SCOM and shit, but none of them really care beyond that. I come here to chit chat with those that are as in to them, in depth, like I am. I still think Axl's incredible from a performance perspective, I just don't agree with A LOT of what he's been doing since the mid to late 90s. But still I like to keep track of what has become of my favorite band in terms of what Axl and Slash and co are up to these days. And discuss it with those who care as much as I do, one way or the other, :thumbsup: .

It's no secret I'm not the biggest fan of what Axl and his employees are doing. But in all honesty, to me, and the majority of people, GNR are basically a thing of the past. I know legally they exist, but in essence they put out their last album of new material in 1991 for most. I specifically come here because most of my friends in the real world aren't nearly into GNR in depth like I am. Most tap their foot to SCOM and shit, but none of them really care beyond that. I come here to chit chat with those that are as in to them, in depth, like I am. I still think Axl's incredible from a performance perspective, I just don't agree with A LOT of what he's been doing since the mid to late 90s. But still I like to keep track of what has become of my favorite band in terms of what Axl and Slash and co are up to these days. And discuss it with those who care as much as I do, one way or the other, :thumbsup: .

great post

10) This is a GNR FAN Forum, members should keep this in mind when posting.

If you aren't a fan anymore, or are only a fan of 1994 and/or earlier, there are other sections for that.

What I don't understand is people who DON'T LIKE GNR ANYMORE that spend SO MUCH TIME bothering those of us who still like GNR.

The only explanation is a bitterness and jealousy that causes bitter ex-fans to try to spoil the party for those of us that still enjoy the band.

Just as a sidenote: You're right about there being different sections for people to talk about the old band/a reunion, but at the same time I don't think it's hard to understand why people like to complain here. You have fans passionate about the old line-up, and it's not really as easy as saying, "Hey, go play over there." That's the rules, and we try to enforce them, but I don't sit here and scratch my head and wonder why people aren't sticking to the "Old Guns" subforum for discussion. While I may not approve of their actions, I understand why they do it, and I don't really get indignant about it and ask why they're so intent on whining because to me it seems like a fairly obvious answer. But thank you for posting that anyway, and I will remind people that those subforums DO exist for discussion of the original line-up. Having said that, we're also currently working on a bit of a restructure of the forum (see thread in Support) and will try to make things a bit clearer and more concise. :)

Why start a thread that lures people into talking about the subject which you apparently don't want them to talk about

I think you guys feel so low and bitter because this is the only place you get to talk about the new band. Out in the real world people are willing to talk about the original band, but if you bring up the new band people just roll their eyes and laugh at you. And you feel scared and hurt and want to protect your opinion from the big outside world where everyone else thinks you're just a bit of a freak...

Edited by rydog

Why is criticism of the new band always considered discussion of the old band? You can be a harsh critic of the new band and not bring up the old band. It seems like that's what you want it to come down to so you can downgrade the criticism.

I think you guys feel so low and bitter because this is the only place you get to talk about the new band. Out in the real world people are willing to talk about the original band, but if you bring up the new band people just roll their eyes and laugh at you. And you feel scared and hurt and want to protect your opinion from the big outside world where everyone else thinks you're just a bit of a freak...

uh, wouldn't the real freak be the guy who doesn't like the current band that comes here to bother those of us that do?!?

no

It's easy to pigeonhole pollsters into axl slash,'old band new band.

But I, for instance love both bands, obviously the old band more so.

That been said I dispise the way axl runs this current band and will post whatever I want

As long as it is in the rules.

Please feel free to slam my opinion, just know that you come off as a pathetic sycophant......

It's hilariious when I question something Axl does and I get told by some people here that it's because I'm jealous and that I love and agree with everything Slash does. The truth is that I don't own any of Slash's solo albums because I don't really like the music. Some people just can't see that it's possible to not blindly agree with everything that Axl does.

i disagree with a lot of what axl does, but i post here because i am a current fan of GNR. if someone doesn't like GNR anymore, they should post in one of the sections devoted to former members and old lineups.

I'm a current fan of GNR too...

Just not much of a fan of current "GNR". So there can be no talk of former members and old lineups? So that would mean no talk of any recorded music (all albums have former members and lineups). Basically the only thing you would be able to talk about would be last night's show and a mythical followup to that album I can't talk about because it had former members...

Why are you people so afraid to read of opinions that differ to yours? Next thing you'll be telling us we can't post on the forum if we're wearing a t shirt with Slash's face on it