If you do not have faith in Guns n Roses, why are you here?

saber_

Gee, it would seem I touched a nerve. I would like to thank those that simply answered my query in the opening post, instead of being "offended" or making annoying editorial comments.

Gunner since 88 and still going strong :thumbsup:

Why start a thread that lures people into talking about the subject which you apparently don't want them to talk about

I think you guys feel so low and bitter because this is the only place you get to talk about the new band. Out in the real world people are willing to talk about the original band, but if you bring up the new band people just roll their eyes and laugh at you. And you feel scared and hurt and want to protect your opinion from the big outside world where everyone else thinks you're just a bit of a freak...

Honestly couldn't give a toss about what people think of my opinion,they don't pay my bills.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are are still waiting for Axl to dazzle us with some amazing music because we know he has it in him. But time is running out and it looks like he is satisfied living off of past glories which is a shame...so much wasted talent...........

Time is running out? I didn't know there was a time limit.

Ha! The time limit of his personal percieved entitlement :lol:

arnold for admin

Oh Hell no!

We are are still waiting for Axl to dazzle us with some amazing music because we know he has it in him. But time is running out and it looks like he is satisfied living off of past glories which is a shame...so much wasted talent...........

arnold for admin

Oh Hell no!

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

So there can be no talk of former members and old lineups?

You can talk about classic lineups here: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/forum/8-pre-1994-gnr/

You can talk about potential reunions here: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/forum/186-gnr-reunion-talk/

You can talk about former members here: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/forum/33-former-gunners/

You can talk about Velvet Revolver news here: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/forum/43-vr-news-discussion/

You can talk about Velvet Revolver shows here: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/forum/44-vr-tour-information-meetup-discussion/

You appear to have used a large quantity of links as a distraction, presumably so that you can avoid responding to what I wrote.

There is no album under the Guns N' Roses name that doesn't feature former members or lineups - yet you don't want us to talk about former members or lineups. Are we not allowed to discuss any of these releases then? If there is one or more of these releases you are happy with us discussing, which one is it, and why are you happy that we can discuss that album featuring former members in this section, but not others?

Edited by rydog

arnold for admin

Oh Hell no!

Ha! Couldn't resist a reaction to that cringeworthy suggestion.

I don't post in former gunners,alumni sections,nor reunion crap.

Was a fan in 88,seen several lineups and it is 2012- GNR still around,still performing mindblowing gigs worldwide and appealing to a myriad of age groups.

Nothing to be negative about :thumbsup:

arnold for admin

Oh Hell no!

Was a fan in 88,seen several lineups and it is 2012- GNR still around,still performing mindblowing gigs worldwide and appealing to a myriad of age groups.

Nothing to be negative about :thumbsup:

been a fan since 91 im not going anywhere rock3 rock3

arnold for admin

Oh Hell no!

:rofl-lol:

Nothing to be negative about

been a fan since 91 im not going anywhere rock3 rock3

Nor am I,have never seen a single gig that could compare with GNR,EVER! :thumbsup:

I always get a kick out of the people who say they're here because they love the old band

OK, great. Yet hese people spend about 0.1% of their time discussing the accomplishments of the old band, their music, etc. and 99.9% of their time bitching about the current band? The reality is that many of these people just want something to complain about and these forums are their only place to voice their opinions.

I understand the people who legitimately are interested in hearing new music from the current lineup and/or the CD era lineup, and are disappointed that new music does not appear imminent. I don't understand the people who have zero interest in music from any lineup that doesn't include Slash yet still hang out and post regularly just to piss in the Cheerios of anyone who is legitimately interested in the post 1996 versions of GnR.

Those are some interesting percentages. 0.1% is also the percentage of the world that are interested in the new Guns N' Roses, and 99.9% the people of the world that like the original band. If it wasn't for this forum giving you a place to talk about the new band then you would have to do so in the real world, where the bulk of people won't be so receptive to your relatively unique opinions.

Yes, I come mostly to discuss the current band enjoy and am currently interested in. You come here to talk mostly about a band that you supposedly don't care about/aren't interested in its current state.

Your hide behind the "I'm a Guns N' Roses fan, but not a fan of the current lineup" yet, like I said in my post, most of your posts are complaints about the current band that you're supposedly not interested in, not discussion of the version of GnR that you like.

It seems some fans have lost faith in one way or another. Why then, do those people still follow the band? It's quite the riddle. And one which vexes me so.

fans lose faith in the band cause neither axl or guns n roses management giving them faith 2 believe in

Guns N' Roses is my favorite band of all time. Having said that there's such a ridiculous history to this band and it still keeps going, kind of like a trainwreck you just can't look away. I love the psychology of the human being and it fascinates me what some people actually post on here, so that's what keeps me visiting this forum.

Edited by The Black

I always get a kick out of the people who say they're here because they love the old band

OK, great. Yet hese people spend about 0.1% of their time discussing the accomplishments of the old band, their music, etc. and 99.9% of their time bitching about the current band? The reality is that many of these people just want something to complain about and these forums are their only place to voice their opinions.

I understand the people who legitimately are interested in hearing new music from the current lineup and/or the CD era lineup, and are disappointed that new music does not appear imminent. I don't understand the people who have zero interest in music from any lineup that doesn't include Slash yet still hang out and post regularly just to piss in the Cheerios of anyone who is legitimately interested in the post 1996 versions of GnR.

Those are some interesting percentages. 0.1% is also the percentage of the world that are interested in the new Guns N' Roses, and 99.9% the people of the world that like the original band. If it wasn't for this forum giving you a place to talk about the new band then you would have to do so in the real world, where the bulk of people won't be so receptive to your relatively unique opinions.

Yes, I come mostly to discuss the current band enjoy and am currently interested in. You come here to talk mostly about a band that you supposedly don't care about/aren't interested in its current state.

Your hide behind the "I'm a Guns N' Roses fan, but not a fan of the current lineup" yet, like I said in my post, most of your posts are complaints about the current band that you're supposedly not interested in, not discussion of the version of GnR that you like.

Sorry if it has appeared that way. To be fair, the original poster, despite his apparent dislike of old/new band debate, seems to like to start topics that encourage and promote this debate further. Oddly enough, for someone that doesn't like this apparent annoyance to him, he also likes to send personal messages to my inbox telling me that "Axl owns me", and actually inviting me to come back to the forums. Odd for someone that claims to not like what I have to say...

I am actually a fan of the current band, just not as much as I am of the original band that I came to know and love as Guns N' Roses. If you go back through my past posts you would see that I have said that I really like Buckethead, Richard, and Ron. I don't find the other members that likeable or talented. Buckethead's Nightrain solo is amazing and I often watch clips of it on you tube... Just a great choice of notes! As for DJ Ashba I think he is a very, very average guitarist with amateur tone and vibrato. He relies on a look and child-like stage antics to cover the fact that he would be better suited to selling guitars and not playing them. If the new band put out an album tomorrow that I liked as much as AFD, Lies, or UYI then I would rave positively about that. I support what I think deserves support, and I'm critical of things that I think are due criticism..

I'm not afraid to say that I think Axl is destroying everything he touches. To pretend to not want anything to do with former band members but to then play songs written with them, night after night, year after year, is just hypocritical. He doesn't practise what he preaches. I'm not critical of Axl out of some love of Slash (I don't really like Slash's solo stuff, and there's very few Velvet Revolver songs I actually like and even then not that much). I'm critical because he acts like a dick a lot of the time and makes ridiculous decisions that anyone with even the slightest ability to get along with other humans wouldn't.

Will I say nice things about Axl when I think he does shitty and selfish things? No. Would I say nice things about Axl if he started showing fans respect, and showing an ability to work with others without acting like a two year old? Yes. My opinion of Axl or the new band isn't based on a comparison to the old band. My point all along is that Axl should quit hiding behind his old band's name and songs (maybe play two or three classics per show), and practise what he preaches by distancing himself from his old band. The original poster just wants everyone to drink lemonade and eat corndogs in the sun all day long as we weep with joy about how everything with the new band is so amazing, when it's really not. It's pretty sad that the original poster can be in such awe of a band that really hasn't proven themselves to be that great. Much like his hero he wants to censor things and only have people talk in wonder and amazement about what ever Axl wants to do or sell as Guns N' Roses. The fact that they play old songs and cling onto a name shows that they themselves don't even truly believe they are capable of standing on their own merits.

As long as this forum claims to be about Guns N' Roses I'll talk about what I've spent 24 years listening to - Guns N' Roses.

Edited by rydog

So there can be no talk of former members and old lineups?

You can talk about classic lineups here: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/forum/8-pre-1994-gnr/

You can talk about potential reunions here: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/forum/186-gnr-reunion-talk/

You can talk about former members here: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/forum/33-former-gunners/

You can talk about Velvet Revolver news here: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/forum/43-vr-news-discussion/

You can talk about Velvet Revolver shows here: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/forum/44-vr-tour-information-meetup-discussion/

You can kiss my ass right here: anim_kissass.gif

finck TIL solo make me lose faith

it was too wild, Ashba did us the favor of taming it.

i disagree. robin finck takes the rock ballad solo to the next level with his TIL solo. i don't think ashba can handle robin's work. so ashba is forced to put his spin on it. there's only 1 rock guitarist who can do TIL justice and play the solo how it's meant 2 be live and that's robin finck. the guy who actually recorded the solo in the studio with axl rose

arnold for admin

A

Oh Hell no!

No popcorn asked a question and I answered.........I am here waiting for Axl to make an album worthy of praise and ChiDem ain't it......don't want the truth ? Then don't ask the questions

I'm here because I want to be. This is one of few sites left where differing opinions are allowed. I have a better question for the OP and those who wonder the same thing:

If you do not like people being less enthusiastic and would prefer them gone, why not just go to the place where that kind of censorship is in full force?

Whoa whoa whoa. I don't want anyone censored or silenced. Let me be very clear, I don't mark any posts for moderation. What does that tell you? I like that there are such a wide array of viewpoints on this site. I don't seek to remove or "censor" anyone. However, I do believe that if someone doesn't like the current iteration of GnR, then they shouldn't spend so much time in this section repeatedly reminding everyone of their opinion. Rydog and I have a history, plus he's anti-nuGuns by his own admission, so that's why I zeroed in on him.

I truly, honestly, wanted to hear the answer to the query in the opening post. Several posters made very heartfelt and sincere responses, and weren't all burnt up by the topic. Similarly, notice I wasn't bothered that some of those same posters expressed their frustration or exasperation about certain things in the GnR world.

Carry on.

Whoa whoa whoa. I don't want anyone censored or silenced. Let me be very clear, I don't mark any posts for moderation. What does that tell you? I like that there are such a wide array of viewpoints on this site. I don't seek to remove or "censor" anyone. However, I do believe that if someone doesn't like the current iteration of GnR, then they shouldn't spend so much time in this section repeatedly reminding everyone of their opinion.

Because we're interested in what the new lineup are doing but often disheartened by the lack of perceived progress they're seen to be making.

I'm here because I want to be. This is one of few sites left where differing opinions are allowed. I have a better question for the OP and those who wonder the same thing:

If you do not like people being less enthusiastic and would prefer them gone, why not just go to the place where that kind of censorship is in full force?

Whoa whoa whoa. I don't want anyone censored or silenced. Let me be very clear, I don't mark any posts for moderation. What does that tell you? I like that there are such a wide array of viewpoints on this site. I don't seek to remove or "censor" anyone. However, I do believe that if someone doesn't like the current iteration of GnR, then they shouldn't spend so much time in this section repeatedly reminding everyone of their opinion. Rydog and I have a history, plus he's anti-nuGuns by his own admission, so that's why I zeroed in on him.

I truly, honestly, wanted to hear the answer to the query in the opening post. Several posters made very heartfelt and sincere responses, and weren't all burnt up by the topic. Similarly, notice I wasn't bothered that some of those same posters expressed their frustration or exasperation about certain things in the GnR world.

Carry on.

Actually, you constantly police and judge other people's opinions. You create mock threads about Bumblefoot's shoes just so that you can moan. When things get quiet around here you create threads like this to bring it back to the debate that you apparently hate. You even sent me a personal inbox message when I hadn't even been on the board for a couple of weeks to tell me that Axl apparently "owns me" and that I should come back. For someone that apparently doesn't want to discuss things like this, you sure have a habit of finding your way back to it...

Whoa whoa whoa. I don't want anyone censored or silenced. Let me be very clear, I don't mark any posts for moderation. What does that tell you? I like that there are such a wide array of viewpoints on this site. I don't seek to remove or "censor" anyone. However, I do believe that if someone doesn't like the current iteration of GnR, then they shouldn't spend so much time in this section repeatedly reminding everyone of their opinion.

Because we're interested in what the new lineup are doing but often disheartened by the lack of perceived progress they're seen to be making.

the lack of progress with the current band is because axl loves 2 tour more than write and record fresh stuff with the current band

the lack of progress with the current band is because axl loves 2 tour more than write and record fresh stuff with the current band

In that case they're not a real band. :shrugs:

In that case they're not a real band. :shrugs:

many call the band post slash a group of paid hands. you know what adler calls them. many think this. but. seems like the label and management can't make progress with the band. a previous fan says axl calls the shots. if that's true, progress will not be made for a long time. especially since axl's life is the 3 hour rock tour of classic guns n roses hits. it's axl's life. you know? axl is the tour. the tour is axl lol

many call the band post slash a group of paid hands. you know what adler calls them. many think this. but. seems like the label and management can't make progress with the band. a previous fan says axl calls the shots. if that's true, progress will not be made for a long time. especially since axl's life is the 3 hour rock tour of classic guns n roses hits. it's axl's life. you know? axl is the tour. the tour is axl lol

Doesn't matter whose fault it is. Until this lineup show evidence of writing and recording their own material they're nothing but a group of touring session players. :shrugs: