If you do not have faith in Guns n Roses, why are you here?

saber_

We are are still waiting for Axl to dazzle us with some amazing music because we know he has it in him. But time is running out and it looks like he is satisfied living off of past glories which is a shame...so much wasted talent...........

+1 we wait for Axl to up his game, ditch industrial, and deliver the goods next time around.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

many call the band post slash a group of paid hands. you know what adler calls them. many think this. but. seems like the label and management can't make progress with the band. a previous fan says axl calls the shots. if that's true, progress will not be made for a long time. especially since axl's life is the 3 hour rock tour of classic guns n roses hits. it's axl's life. you know? axl is the tour. the tour is axl lol

Doesn't matter whose fault it is. Until this lineup show evidence of writing and recording their own material they're nothing but a group of touring session players. :shrugs:

right now, dj ashba and bumblefoot "ron thal" are touring musicians. they seem 2 love it. are they complaining? you can't tell from the youtube vids many put up from the shows on this tour. they seem to be loving the ride and enjoying themselves. they don't give off the urgency we feel for them to write and record new stuff this summer. they're enjoying the ride of a guns n roses world tour. you know? i feel your urgency. i feel they need to prove themselves to fans and critics with new material of their own

I'm here because I want to be. This is one of few sites left where differing opinions are allowed. I have a better question for the OP and those who wonder the same thing:

If you do not like people being less enthusiastic and would prefer them gone, why not just go to the place where that kind of censorship is in full force?

Whoa whoa whoa. I don't want anyone censored or silenced. Let me be very clear, I don't mark any posts for moderation. What does that tell you? I like that there are such a wide array of viewpoints on this site. I don't seek to remove or "censor" anyone. However, I do believe that if someone doesn't like the current iteration of GnR, then they shouldn't spend so much time in this section repeatedly reminding everyone of their opinion. Rydog and I have a history, plus he's anti-nuGuns by his own admission, so that's why I zeroed in on him.

I truly, honestly, wanted to hear the answer to the query in the opening post. Several posters made very heartfelt and sincere responses, and weren't all burnt up by the topic. Similarly, notice I wasn't bothered that some of those same posters expressed their frustration or exasperation about certain things in the GnR world.

Carry on.

Actually, you constantly police and judge other people's opinions. You create mock threads about Bumblefoot's shoes just so that you can moan. When things get quiet around here you create threads like this to bring it back to the debate that you apparently hate. You even sent me a personal inbox message when I hadn't even been on the board for a couple of weeks to tell me that Axl apparently "owns me" and that I should come back. For someone that apparently doesn't want to discuss things like this, you sure have a habit of finding your way back to it...

Police? Moan? Please. Hate to break it to ya, but it's not all about you. The Bumble shoe thread was goofing on fans who critique inane shit about the band. Sorry it didn't meet your criteria for excellence in the field of excellence. :eyeroll:

And furthermore, don't try to spin our interactions with bullshit about the "personal inbox message." Conveniently you omitted the part about you insulting me constantly during that same time period, leading up to the "personal inbox message," which apparently is a big deal to you. Don't dish it out if you can't take it son. Maybe no one else saw the post you deleted earlier, but I did. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone about the irony in that little gem of a deleted post.

And finally, I'm not sure where you came up with this horseshit about not wanting to discuss things like this. Like I said before pal, there have been multiple posts expressing expressing criticism and frustration with the band in this thread, and I am thankful those posters simply answered the thread's question and weren't butthurt about the topic.

Guest Gunns

their the best touring band post 2000, but i'm waiting to see if they can live up to the finck and bucket material. That is the true test

their the best touring band post 2000, but i'm waiting to see if they can live up to the finck and bucket material. That is the true test

problem is we haven't heard the last of the finck and bucket material. which pushes back any future dj and bumble material. forces dj and bumble 2 continue touring on slash, bucket, and robin stuff. the only stuff dj and bumle play that's their own is mi amor, ballad o death, pink panther, and glad to be here

I'm here because I want to be. This is one of few sites left where differing opinions are allowed. I have a better question for the OP and those who wonder the same thing:

If you do not like people being less enthusiastic and would prefer them gone, why not just go to the place where that kind of censorship is in full force?

Whoa whoa whoa. I don't want anyone censored or silenced. Let me be very clear, I don't mark any posts for moderation. What does that tell you? I like that there are such a wide array of viewpoints on this site. I don't seek to remove or "censor" anyone. However, I do believe that if someone doesn't like the current iteration of GnR, then they shouldn't spend so much time in this section repeatedly reminding everyone of their opinion. Rydog and I have a history, plus he's anti-nuGuns by his own admission, so that's why I zeroed in on him.

I truly, honestly, wanted to hear the answer to the query in the opening post. Several posters made very heartfelt and sincere responses, and weren't all burnt up by the topic. Similarly, notice I wasn't bothered that some of those same posters expressed their frustration or exasperation about certain things in the GnR world.

Carry on.

Actually, you constantly police and judge other people's opinions. You create mock threads about Bumblefoot's shoes just so that you can moan. When things get quiet around here you create threads like this to bring it back to the debate that you apparently hate. You even sent me a personal inbox message when I hadn't even been on the board for a couple of weeks to tell me that Axl apparently "owns me" and that I should come back. For someone that apparently doesn't want to discuss things like this, you sure have a habit of finding your way back to it...

Police? Moan? Please. Hate to break it to ya, but it's not all about you. The Bumble shoe thread was goofing on fans who critique inane shit about the band. Sorry it didn't meet your criteria for excellence in the field of excellence. :eyeroll:

And furthermore, don't try to spin our interactions with bullshit about the "personal inbox message." Conveniently you omitted the part about you insulting me constantly during that same time period, leading up to the "personal inbox message," which apparently is a big deal to you. Don't dish it out if you can't take it son. Maybe no one else saw the post you deleted earlier, but I did. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone about the irony in that little gem of a deleted post.

And finally, I'm not sure where you came up with this horseshit about not wanting to discuss things like this. Like I said before pal, there have been multiple posts expressing expressing criticism and frustration with the band in this thread, and I am thankful those posters simply answered the thread's question and weren't butthurt about the topic.

Thanks for your new personal inbox message! You should change your name to "Popcorn's Near" to more accurately describe how you are a stalker

Please tell us all about the irony in my deleted post! You know, the one where I realised that what I had just written had been said in a previous post so I didn't really need to say it again. There's only so many times I can point out that you don't seem to have read what I've actually said. I like NuGuns or whatever you kids these days are calling them. Just not as much as I like Guns N' Roses

Edited by rydog

Oh I'm a stalker, am I? Very well then.

These managers are so out of touch with the real world and how to look after fans it's not even funny. But I guess that's what happens when you get your maid to manage your band

The fall of Axl Rose

Real life mimics career...

I think it'll be the same show but with dwindling crowd numbers...

Slash just wanted to get things rolling, he was tired of all the distraction and non-musical dramas, and just wanted to make music. Slash is a workaholic and creating and performing music is his work

That's like saying a picture of Axl's band is a bunch of guys nobody knows with Guns N' Roses' singer....

Oh yeah, that is what people say

They got introduced as Guns N' Roses

Proof that the world sees this as Guns N' Roses

The new band that Axl tours with is gonna have a hard time after this, it's pretty obvious from watching this that people went apeshit for tonight's show. The world will see this and it just isn't gonna be the same without them at a Guns N' Roses show

Is sellout worse than washout? Cos that's what he's being branded now

Cool and while you're changing that you might as well just change your name to Popcorn's Penis

Oh! Your name says 'timbre', not 'timber'! I always thought it was a reference to 'wood'! I thought your username was referring to Steven's penis

You gloat as you lick the scrote?

Haha

Surprised you managed to write that, breathe, and suck Axl's balls all at once

Why don't you leave. And stop sucking Axl's balls

And these are just a FEW of your gems. I must say, as I was reading through all your insults to me, you spent quite a few posts obsessively making gay-themed insults like some 13 year old on xbox live. Kinda creeped me out actually, there were so many. I only included 5 here. Interesting you made such a big deal about my TWO "personal inbox messages" over the span of 6 months, and yet you have the fucking nerve to calll me a stalker. Hypocrite.

Edited by Popcorn's Snare

It's like a train smash. I can't look away

I also like ancient Egypt. Should I not be interested just because it doesn't exist anymore?

Oh don't gimme that shit. You flaunt your lack of faith. You rub our noses in it. You take out your frustrations with Axl on other fans. You exert a concerted effort to spread your distaste for GnR.

But your answer certainly is interesting. You seem.. how shall i say.. a little defensive? lulz

He also seems to believe that Egypt doesn't exist anymore :rofl-lol:

Ancient Egypt...

But why are you hanging out on a forum about Egypt then when there are dedicated forums about Ancient Egypt around? Isn't it a bit weird to spend time on an Egypt forum just to hate on the current country and not post in the Ancient Egypt section?

many call the band post slash a group of paid hands. you know what adler calls them. many think this. but. seems like the label and management can't make progress with the band. a previous fan says axl calls the shots. if that's true, progress will not be made for a long time. especially since axl's life is the 3 hour rock tour of classic guns n roses hits. it's axl's life. you know? axl is the tour. the tour is axl lol

Doesn't matter whose fault it is. Until this lineup show evidence of writing and recording their own material they're nothing but a group of touring session players. :shrugs:

That is exactly it.

A talented group who puts on a great show. But until they start releasing their own music....

And Rydog, you are also exactly right. There is a group of 5-6 Axl worshippers on here who police every topic and bash anybody who isn't worshipping Axl's every move. Sad thing is that they complain about our negativety.....but 75% of their posts are whining and crying about other people's posts. They spread more negativety and insult more people than anybody else on the forum, by a mile.

It is super important to them to educate and insult anybody who isn't a fellow worshipper. Super important.

I guess I'm just here because it has become a habit of mine to check this forum :lol:

Do I have faith in CD II? Not really.

Do I think this band has a future? Not sure.

Do I think Axl is close to retirement? Might be. They guy is 50 years old. I would chill in my beach house if I was him. You should be grateful he still performs at all.

The funny thing is, I saw the band live in Rotterdam last week and they were great. But what I've experienced is something the band will probably see every night they perform: people going crazy over the old songs, but don't care as much about the new songs.

So it makes sense. Just tour the old stuff, people love it. I loved it. When they played Civil War it was fucking great, but songs like Shackler's Revenge or Better received hardly any response. People were just staring and waiting (except for some die hard fans right in front of the band).

If they would do a tour just like this in 2 years, I would see them again. And it wouldn't matter if there was a new album or not.

The world doesn't care as much as you do on this forum. They just want to hear the classic songs and the band plays them really well.

I always get a kick out of the people who say they're here because they love the old band

OK, great. Yet hese people spend about 0.1% of their time discussing the accomplishments of the old band, their music, etc. and 99.9% of their time bitching about the current band? The reality is that many of these people just want something to complain about and these forums are their only place to voice their opinions.

I understand the people who legitimately are interested in hearing new music from the current lineup and/or the CD era lineup, and are disappointed that new music does not appear imminent. I don't understand the people who have zero interest in music from any lineup that doesn't include Slash yet still hang out and post regularly just to piss in the Cheerios of anyone who is legitimately interested in the post 1996 versions of GnR.

+1

Great post. Thanks.

Ancient Egypt...

But why are you hanging out on a forum about Egypt then when there are dedicated forums about Ancient Egypt around? Isn't it a bit weird to spend time on an Egypt forum just to hate on the current country and not post in the Ancient Egypt section?

Very well said. If some of the people here were to go to a forum about Egypt, they'd be pissing on the Egyptians because they celebrate the pyramids and other monuments of a civilization, which while still a legitimate part of Egyptian history and the history of people living there now, has been gone for thousands of years.

At least, Axl is still leading Guns and all is well with the world for some fans. For the rest of you, who only like 'one version' of Guns, admit it - you just can't be stuck with your own in the pre 94 section - you'd miss us all too much rolleyes.gif

Edited by The Archer

I guess I'm just here because it has become a habit of mine to check this forum :lol:

Do I have faith in CD II? Not really.

Do I think this band has a future? Not sure.

Do I think Axl is close to retirement? Might be. They guy is 50 years old. I would chill in my beach house if I was him. You should be grateful he still performs at all.

The funny thing is, I saw the band live in Rotterdam last week and they were great. But what I've experienced is something the band will probably see every night they perform: people going crazy over the old songs, but don't care as much about the new songs.

So it makes sense. Just tour the old stuff, people love it. I loved it. When they played Civil War it was fucking great, but songs like Shackler's Revenge or Better received hardly any response. People were just staring and waiting (except for some die hard fans right in front of the band).

If they would do a tour just like this in 2 years, I would see them again. And it wouldn't matter if there was a new album or not.

The world doesn't care as much as you do on this forum. They just want to hear the classic songs and the band plays them really well.

Give up. No ones gonna listen. You just gonna get worked up for no reason.

It seems some fans have lost faith in one way or another. Why then, do those people still follow the band? It's quite the riddle. And one which vexes me so.

Not bothering to read any post past that.

The only valid, and honest, reason that someone could give you is a severe lack of intelligence.

Maybe somewhere in the pages that this thread has accumulated, someone has tried to make an intelligent response as to why they're dumb enough to cling on.

Whatever that pathetic reason might be, pathetic is directly equal to pathetic.

We are are still waiting for Axl to dazzle us with some amazing music because we know he has it in him. But time is running out and it looks like he is satisfied living off of past glories which is a shame...so much wasted talent...........

Time is running out? I didn't know there was a time limit.

Ha! The time limit of his personal percieved entitlement :lol:

arnold for admin

Oh Hell no!

No popcorn asked a question and I answered.........I am here waiting for Axl to make an album worthy of praise and ChiDem ain't it......don't want the truth ? Then don't ask the questions

I was merely responding to the suggestion of making Arnold Layne Admin,wasn't a reply directed at you,but at Broskirose.

Sorry for the communication breakdown :)

Ancient Egypt...

Very well said. If some of the people here were to go to a forum about Egypt, they'd be pissing on the Egyptians because they celebrate the pyramids and other monuments of a civilization, which while still a legitimate part of Egyptian history, has been gone for thousands of years.

At least, Axl is still leading Guns and all is well with the world for some fans. For the rest of you, who only like 'one version' of Guns, admit it - you just can't be stuck with your own in the pre 94 section - you'd miss us all too much rolleyes.gif

Yes,I'm with Archer on this :)

Time is running out? I didn't know there was a time limit.

Ha! The time limit of his personal percieved entitlement :lol:

arnold for admin

Oh Hell no!

No popcorn asked a question and I answered.........I am here waiting for Axl to make an album worthy of praise and ChiDem ain't it......don't want the truth ? Then don't ask the questions

I was merely responding to the suggestion of making Arnold Layne Admin,wasn't a reply directed at you,but at Broskirose.

Sorry for the communication breakdown :)

Ancient Egypt...

Very well said. If some of the people here were to go to a forum about Egypt, they'd be pissing on the Egyptians because they celebrate the pyramids and other monuments of a civilization, which while still a legitimate part of Egyptian history, has been gone for thousands of years.

Yes,I'm with Archer on this :)

thumbsup.gif@Sailaway

Why start a thread that lures people into talking about the subject which you apparently don't want them to talk about

I think you guys feel so low and bitter because this is the only place you get to talk about the new band. Out in the real world people are willing to talk about the original band, but if you bring up the new band people just roll their eyes and laugh at you. And you feel scared and hurt and want to protect your opinion from the big outside world where everyone else thinks you're just a bit of a freak...

I couldn't care less about what other people think about "new" GNR nor why they post here if they miss the old lineup.

What I really dislike is people talking on behalf of "the majority", "the rest of the world", "people of the real world".

Please just limt yourself to post opinions on your own behalf instead of mentioning the rest of mankind to make people believe you actually have a valid point

:no:

Why start a thread that lures people into talking about the subject which you apparently don't want them to talk about

I think you guys feel so low and bitter because this is the only place you get to talk about the new band. Out in the real world people are willing to talk about the original band, but if you bring up the new band people just roll their eyes and laugh at you. And you feel scared and hurt and want to protect your opinion from the big outside world where everyone else thinks you're just a bit of a freak...

I couldn't care less about what other people think about "new" GNR nor why they post here if they miss the old lineup.

What I really dislike is people talking on behalf of "the majority", "the rest of the world", "people of the real world".

Please just limt yourself to post opinions on your own behalf instead of mentioning the rest of mankind to make people believe you actually have a valid point

If you dislike those kinds of people than you hate the SOB :no:

:no:

If you dislike those kinds of people than you hate the SOB :no:

what's a sob? :unsure:

Sorry. But no. What the bulk of those knowledgeable about Gn'r and fans of the band consider to be Gn'r is the AFD/UYI band. Not any CD touring or recording lineup. Thats a fact, not an opinion.