Has Tommy paid his dues?

saber_

Has Tommy paid his dues in the band? He came on board 7 months after Duff left and has been GnR's bassist ever since. He is the only original replacement left (no oxymoron jokes, you know what i mean). Hell, he was even in a band called the Replacements. Are these facts meaningful to you as a modern-day Guns n Roses fan? I would argue that he has paid his dues in full, and thus deserves a certain level of recognition, even from those who would otherwise be critical of newGunz. What do you think?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has Tommy paid his dues in the band? He came on board 7 months after Duff left and has been GnR's bassist ever since. He is the only original replacement left (no oxymoron jokes, you know what i mean). Hell, he was even in a band called the Repla lcements. Are these facts meaningful to you as a modern-day Guns n Roses fan? I would argue that he has paid his dues in full, and thus deserves a certain level of recognition, even from those who would otherwise be critical of newGunz. What do you think?

i agree with the sentiment here. He's been in the band longer than Duff was now (although his tenure has not been nearly as productive) and seems to enjoy what he does. I dislike the alleged bullying of Buckethead though, so that takes him down a few pegs imho. However I do feel that the length of his tenure alone garners him more true member status than someone like Frank.

Has Tommy paid his dues in the band? He came on board 7 months after Duff left and has been GnR's bassist ever since. He is the only original replacement left (no oxymoron jokes, you know what i mean). Hell, he was even in a band called the Repla lcements. Are these facts meaningful to you as a modern-day Guns n Roses fan? I would argue that he has paid his dues in full, and thus deserves a certain level of recognition, even from those who would otherwise be critical of newGunz. What do you think?

i agree with the sentiment here. He's been in the band longer than Duff was now (although his tenure has not been nearly as productive) and seems to enjoy what he does. I dislike the alleged bullying of Buckethead though, so that takes him down a few pegs imho. However I do feel that the length of his tenure alone garners him more true member status than someone like Frank.

i agree with this. i think stinson,fortus deserve recognition from those critical to the current lineup of gnr

The only thing Stinson has paid for is a bottle of booze. Yes he has been on Axl's side since Duff's departure but is that due to talent as a bass player or just being a yes man? I wouldn't say the bass is inaudible on CD but the bass lines were hardly as present as any other Guns album. I'd like to like the guy as the Replacements were decent but lets be honest in the fact that Tommy has an incredibly easy gig.

No, and it's not his fault. Just because he has been in longer doesn't matter when there is so much off time unlike before when they were all over the place. Not his fault at all but I don't even compare the two.

My point wasnt that his tenure has been equal to Duff's in any way. Duff is my favorite bass player. Tommy is someone I only know throigh GnR and because of GnR I know the replacements. I feel his dues have been paid. Simple as that. The Buckethead situation really kinda bothers me though.

No, and it's not his fault. Just because he has been in longer doesn't matter when there is so much off time unlike before when they were all over the place. Not his fault at all but I don't even compare the two.

My point wasnt that his tenure has been equal to Duff's in any way. Duff is my favorite bass player. Tommy is someone I only know throigh GnR and because of GnR I know the replacements. I feel his dues have been paid. Simple as that. The Buckethead situation really kinda bothers me though.

In terms of paying his dues to GNR, sure. It must take a lot to put up with what goes on in that world. If he really did have something to do with chasing Buckethead off, then screw him. He can have Chris Pittman status. Yea, he's there but f him.

Considering Tommy chose GNR over doing a semi-reunion with Paul Westerberg? Definitely showed his loyalty to GNR.

As Westerberg once said of Tommy being employed by Axl- he always wanted and was born to be a star. And "loyalty" LOL. Where else could Tommy live the dream and make bank $$$?

Edited by Snowmass

He put up with Bucket trying to force him out of the band, so I say yes.

To be fair I'd happily get rid of the entire current line-up just to have Bucket back! :shrugs:

I'd rather see Bucket back than a reunion if I'm honest! :o Yes, there I said it! Come at me people! :lol:

He put up with Bucket trying to force him out of the band, so I say yes.

To be fair I'd happily get rid of the entire current line-up just to have Bucket back! :shrugs:

I'd rather see Bucket back than a reunion if I'm honest! :o Yes, there I said it! Come at me people! :lol:

Come+at+me+bro%2521s.jpg

Has Tommy paid his dues in the band? He came on board 7 months after Duff left and has been GnR's bassist ever since. He is the only original replacement left (no oxymoron jokes, you know what i mean). Hell, he was even in a band called the Replacements. Are these facts meaningful to you as a modern-day Guns n Roses fan? I would argue that he has paid his dues in full, and thus deserves a certain level of recognition, even from those who would otherwise be critical of newGunz. What do you think?

No.

Hired hand... hired gun...

No.

He's one of the guns in guns n roses.

No.

He's one of the guns in guns n roses.

Really? He was in L.A. Guns?

/sarcasm

Edited by Rustycage