Axl v. Kurt Cobain

arnold layne

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It will all depend on how Axl will die. A shotgun is a damn strong positive factor. If Axl dies on a plane crash, then we will be talking at the right level. But if he dies on his bed, 80 years old, of a heart attack, then Kurt Cobain will be a more spectacular defunct. It's like an Achilles' dilemma...

• 1 year later...

i don't understand how anyone feels album sales would settle the argument....

if that were the case miley cyrus would be more important than janis

idea for a new poll!!!

It was a different thread about popularity, originally. That's how somebody could think album sales could settle the argument. That beings said, I thank you for reminding me of that so I can delete that post considering people are rightfully taking it out of context now.

well success is questionable also....albums sales over adulation?....is money more successful than respect?

Respect is based on opinion. Money is based on reality. I would also go so far as to say that whichever band sold more of their debut album commanded more respect from the general population, because you can't show much more support or respect than by voting with your wallet.

well success is questionable also....albums sales over adulation?....is money more successful than respect?

Respect is based on opinion. Money is based on reality. I would also go so far as to say that whichever band sold more of their debut album commanded more respect from the general population, because you can't show much more support or respect than by voting with your wallet.

but if i remember correctly kurt wasn't even pleased with nevermind...thought it was too polished... and it sold millions...so is that success...or is success creating something you truly stand behind whether 3 people bought it?

In high school I was the biggest Nirvana fan, ever....but I don't really like them much anymore to be honest

Other grunge bands at the time like Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, and Smashing Pumpkins were much more creative, and Kurt was always a bit of a whiner.

Axl may not be the easiest of people to get along with but at least he deals with the shit and moves along doing as he pleases regardless of what others think. Kurt let it all get to him too much.

but if i remember correctly kurt wasn't even pleased with nevermind...thought it was too polished... and it sold millions...so is that success...or is success creating something you truly stand behind whether 3 people bought it?
Only having 3 people buy your product is not a success by any stretch of the imagination, no matter how you personally feel about it. Edited by Damn_Smooth

• 2 weeks later...