what could you tell us about robin?

maynard

hello marc, thanks for taking your time to answer some of our questions.

i have a very open question. i'm fascinated by robin finck, he's really one of a kind, but we know very little from him, so i'd love to have any comment about robin backstage and in studio and what do you think about him.

thanks!

hello marc, thanks for taking your time to answer some of our questions.

i have a very open question. i'm fascinated by robin finck, he's really one of a kind, but we know very little from him, so i'd love to have any comment about robin backstage and in studio and what do you think about him.

thanks!

He seamed like a nice guy. Axl was very happy to get him when he did. The music he made with Axl was good. Better is one of my favorite songs on the record. He was not the best at doing Slash's stuff live but it is was it is. He did his own stuff well. Then again the purpose of him being in the band was to create new music. Axl was so upset with Slash that at some point he was thinking about letting Robin make up his own solos for the old songs. Slash's solos can't be changed they have too much melody in them and are 100% a part of the music. Axl realized the importance of that and changed his mind.

Axl was so upset with Slash that at some point he was thinking about letting Robin make up his own solos for the old songs.

Oh god I do wish you hadn't said that. If Broski reads that this thread is going to turn into a big old shitstorm. :D

Axl was so upset with Slash that at some point he was thinking about letting Robin make up his own solos for the old songs.

Oh god I do wish you hadn't said that. If Broski reads that this thread is going to turn into a big old shitstorm. :D

I think Robin already makes his own solos for GNR songs (well at least it sounded like it)