Get In The Ring

curmudgeonrose

did axl ever get around to actually fighting anyone he threatened in that song?

Who knows? I do know Axl mentioned that all the original members told him to make up that rant and then when Axl got shit for it, no one stood by him. I can't believe that they wouldn't want to back up the rant. I bet Axl would have kicked some ass if he needed to.

Anyway, yeah, the rant would have to have new names in it, but most of the song can still relate to today.

I love this song. I play it loud in my car and it just makes you want to punch someone's face in. lol

When the UYIs were released my level of English was pretty low but I remember how excited I was when I knew what "I don´t like you, I just hate you, I¨m gonna kick your ass...oh yeah" meant in Spanish. I even tried to learn the whole speech by heart but I didn´t succeed :laugh:

Lo mismo me paso a mi! Saludos

I read somewhere that it was Slash's fault that Axl ranted on Get in The Ring. The rest of the members made him do it.

I'd be very surprised if this were true. Very few people can "make" Axl do anything.

I like the song. I think it's fun.

I reckon Axl would do it about forum members nowadays. FUCK YOU ARNOLD LAYNE. FUCK YOU FREDDIE MERCURY'S GHOST. He's just as good as picking up on the sarcasm in their posts like many forum members on here are.

Edited by RNRS

Whoever decided to include the rant, it's still one of the best songs GNR made on that album.

I'm sure Axl would have plenty of new names to add to the rant. There are still tons of people that piss him off! lol