Erin Everly: Axl's muse.

Vincent Vega

At this point, I am surprised that people could actually debate that Axl was abusive to Erin in their relationship. Obviously none of us were there, but come on now. :no:

But she liked older men, and created conflict, like answering the door naked with Doug Goldstein's jaw dropping on the floor.

I vaguely remember hearing about this. You know it's from?

Here's what he said (it was in "I Want My MTV"). I added the part where his jaw dropped.

"Their relationship was tumultuous. Axl loved that girl to death. I'd say Stephanie was the unstable one in that relationship. The first time I met her, she opened the door naked. She goes, "No, you can come in." Sorry, gotta go."

Im saying that it takes two to tango,some women are combative as well and live to press your buttons.

What is wrong with taking the lyrics and applying them to your own life? Trying to dig in and be a part of the Artist's/Band's life can become extreme and unhealthy.

Please don't say that means she had it coming. It doesn't matter if she pushed every button Axl had, doesnt give him the right to put his hands on her.

And you can absolutely apply them to your life! But for me, I like to know what made the artist write the song in the first place. I like to know the backstory behind it. I don't think that's unhealthy.

People on here have trouble believing that yes- Axl beat chicks with his fist till they bled. He pummeled them. He's a "tough guy".

At this point, I am surprised that people could actually debate that Axl was abusive to Erin in their relationship. Obviously none of us were there, but come on now. :no:

But she liked older men, and created conflict, like answering the door naked with Doug Goldstein's jaw dropping on the floor.

I vaguely remember hearing about this. You know it's from?

Here's what he said (it was in "I Want My MTV"). I added the part where his jaw dropped.

"Their relationship was tumultuous. Axl loved that girl to death. I'd say Stephanie was the unstable one in that relationship. The first time I met her, she opened the door naked. She goes, "No, you can come in." Sorry, gotta go."

Damn I need that book! Thanks for posting that.

Im saying that it takes two to tango,some women are combative as well and live to press your buttons.

What is wrong with taking the lyrics and applying them to your own life? Trying to dig in and be a part of the Artist's/Band's life can become extreme and unhealthy.

Please don't say that means she had it coming. It doesn't matter if she pushed every button Axl had, doesnt give him the right to put his hands on her.

And you can absolutely apply them to your life! But for me, I like to know what made the artist write the song in the first place. I like to know the backstory behind it. I don't think that's unhealthy.

People on here have trouble believing that yes- Axl beat chicks with his fist till they bled. He pummeled them. He's a "tough guy".

You know why the worshippers are clowns?

When Chris Brown slapped his gf around......when their sister got beat up by her bf.....when they see a news report of a man beating up a woman.......do you think they sit back and go "well it takes two to tangle. None of my business anyway."

Hell no.

These guys are so obsessed with Axl that they would rather cut off a finger than publically admit he did something wrong.

I can't imagine making decisions based on what a rock singer does. What a sad existence that would be.

Too bad he beat her so bad. Bet she looks back at her time with him and wants to vomit.

No need for that dude. If it's true it sucks, but none of us know what really happened there, don't add fuel to fire.

Plus she was at a show recently, so she's not that butthurt.

She was? When? Her husband filed a restraining order against her not too long ago. Kind of interesting.

That's an easy lookup - happened in 2010. Unrelated - Her website's pretty much got old and new-ish pics.

Why would she be butthurt about things that happened 3 kids and 2 husbands ago??

When Chris Brown slapped his gf around......when their sister got beat up by her bf.....when they see a news report of a man beating up a woman.......do you think they sit back and go "well it takes two to tangle. None of my business anyway."

Hell no.

These guys are so obsessed with Axl that they would rather cut off a finger than publically admit he did something wrong.

I can't imagine making decisions based on what a rock singer does. What a sad existence that would be.

It depends on who you're talking to. Personally, I don't think I have the right to judge Chris Brown, and I felt that way before I became a Guns N' Roses fan.

Erin and Stephanie both filed charges against him.

Both had eye witnesses that told the police they witnessed him beating them.

How many documented fights or sucker punches are there?

Remember the two recent videos of Axl screaming the f word at people?

Has Axl ever caused a riot at a concert because he got mad?

Amazing that anybody debates that he has a violent temper. Absolutely amazing.

Hell no.

It depends on who you're talking to. Personally, I don't think I have the right to judge Chris Brown, and I felt that way before I became a Guns N' Roses fan.

Hhmm.

Haven't you posted on here in the past bashing people because of the type of music they listen to or how they dress........I don't exactly recall what it was, I just remember saying that you were trying way to hard to be the edgy rock chick. I apologize for not remembering the specifics.

But whatever it was, it paled in comparison to a man beating up a woman. So if your best friend got beat up by her bf, you wouldn't judge him?

To each his own, I guess. Physical violence against a woman is never acceptable in my book. I guess we all draw lines at different places.

Hell no.

I'll judge CB- douche bag. Pussy. Go fight Axl. LOL ...Axl wouldn't fight him.

Hhmm.

Haven't you posted on here in the past bashing people because of the type of music they listen to or how they dress........I don't exactly recall what it was, I just remember saying that you were trying way to hard to be the edgy rock chick. I apologize for not remembering the specifics.

But whatever it was, it paled in comparison to a man beating up a woman. So if your best friend got beat up by her bf, you wouldn't judge him?

To each his own, I guess. Physical violence against a woman is never acceptable in my book. I guess we all draw lines at different places.

I have never ever posted trying to be an edgy rock chick because I'm not an edgy rock chick. I'd be a strange edgy rock chick. I PM Stannis Carrie Underwood videos. :lol:

I don't think domestic violence is acceptable, but it's not my place to judge that sort of thing. It makes me uncomfortable.

Edit: And I have never bashed the type of music people listen to. In fact, I have said multiple times that there is no such thing as bad or fake music, and I've stuck up for Justin Bieber on this site.

Edited by Kill Devil Hill

And this is your business why?

There's no dispute this happened way back when, he had anger issues probably due to his upbringing (or poor perception of).

Neither of these women continues to drag him through the mud over it, they have gotten on with their lives but it seems you just cannot let go. :bitchfight:

PS. When is the baby due? baby-girl-28.gif

There's no dispute this happened way back when, he had anger issues probably due to his upbringing (or poor perception of).

Neither of these women continues to drag him through the mud over it, they have gotten on with their lives but it seems you just cannot let go. :bitchfight:

I don't think that's fair. He wasn't the one who brought it up, he was merely pointing out that it happened and that it was silly that people still played the 'supposedly' game.

I don't think that's fair. He wasn't the one who brought it up, he was merely pointing out that it happened and that it was silly that people still played the 'supposedly' game.

I realise that but the person who brought it up in the first place only posts negative things about Axl & his friends/family so it's not worth even answering them. Groghan at least is constructive - not everyone agrees with him but his posts carry some sensibility.

This I Love wasn't about Erin.

You pull that one outta your ass or what?

It was written in 91, it fits. :shrugs:

Especially considering Erin saying Axl sent her stuff like flowers and caged birds for over a year after they broke up (January 1991). They never had a proper "goodbye". All she did was tell him it'd be the last time he saw her face and left. TIL was first recorded on the road in Paris in 1992. At that time he had just gotten with Stephanie and they didn't break up until February 1993, so I REALLY doubt it's about her. Process of elimination.

He and Steph got together in '91.

Oh right, my bad. Around Sept '91 if I'm not mistaken....?

In any case, TIL was written around the same time...And IMO its probably about Erin given the timing and the fact that Estranged was about his and Erin's breakup.

In any case, TIL was written around the same time...And IMO its probably about Erin given the timing and the fact that Estranged was about his and Erin's breakup.

I've tried to figure out when. I thought it was more around May of '91, but I could be wrong. I think after he decided she would be in the NR video he took her to the stage where the set was being built and that was their first date. I don't remember if DC or NR was shot first and which came out first. Miser, any help there?

I agree, TIL was about Erin. Not sure what the other guy was talking about.

Edited by Dariablue

I've tried to figure out when. I thought it was more around May of '91, but I could be wrong. I think after he decided she would be in the NR video he took her to the stage where the set was being built and that was their first date. I don't remember if DC or NR was shot first and which came out first. Miser, any help there?

I agree, TIL was about Erin. Not sure what the other guy was talking about.

I do remember hearing the first date story, but I'd read DC's video came out in Sept '91. Now when exactly it was shot is a different story.

You figure DC has the "Where's Izzy?" sign in it. I don't believe Gilby is in that video, either. Which says to me it was shot sometime between August and Sept '91. Because Izzy told the band he was leaving in late August and didn't show up for the DC shoot. His resignation was made public and official on November 7th.

I think NR was shot after DC. I remember hearing it was the highest requested video on MTV in 1992, so it probably came out sometime that year. I think it came out around June '92 and was hugely popular on MTV and the like. Hence GN'R performing it at the MTV Video Awards later that summer.

Edited by Vincent Vega

No, Gilby wsn't in it. I really thought the NR video was shot first. The Interview magazine came out in May '92, the pictures for the shoot were the same time Izzy left the band and it seemed to me in the interview that Axl was talking about he and Steph like they'd been together for a little while at least. Maybe we can ask Marc and see if he remembers which video was shot first.

Between "Making Fing Videos" and the "I Want My MTV" book, you get the full story of the video shoots.

I think most bands are happy they're not forced to make music videos anymore, judging from what I read in the book. Some of it was a good way to get cocaine money and hide it in craft services. And I guess there were some videos that the band had a "whatever" attitude towards a video being made.

Izzy just thought "Don't Cry" was ridiculously over the top and didn't want to play movie star in it. He was barely involved in "Patience". But you can tell they had a lot of fun doing it. The only reason those videos in particular had a documentary was because Michael Jackson's "Thriller" sold tons of copies, and helped pay for the video. It's not like MTV paid out royalties.

Also mentioned in the book, Axl insisted everyone had their girlfriends in the SCOM video, so he didn't feel like he was showing off Erin. Never knew there was 2 versions of the video, but it would be kind of cool if they did reedits with the raw footage now, just to give it a different look.

Image has always been a big deal to Axl, which is why I think Slash was kind of taken aback when Paul came on board. Must've gotten a few snickers when people saw fashion mags in the bathroom.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

I always really liked her and I can see why Axl would've been drawn to her. There was something endearing about her. I think it was that childlike quality she had. It shone through in her pictures too. She just had that something special about her. It's terrible how those two ended up :(

I always really liked her and I can see why Axl would've been drawn to her. There was something endearing about her. I think it was that childlike quality she had. It shone through in her pictures too. She just had that something special about her. It's terrible how those two ended up :(

I will bet her and David Arquette have little memory of dating each other at the time, but prob. had a lot of fun. He was on Stern not that long ago answering all sorts of questions, and I think Erin came up in the conversation. I can't be too sure on this though.