Now that what i called: The Blues

Crash Diet

Some people get annoyed by "Little Wing" but it's kind of become the song guitarists show off on stage if they're blues-rock players. There's only one tape out there where Hendrix did a 10 minute jam with it, it was a club show, and the other live boots, they were a minute longer than the album version. I think some people have done hour long jams off of "Little Wing" which is kind of ridiculous.

Thankfully it's one of those where no one will be able to make the definitive version of it.

Guest Len B'stard

I think the talent of a guitarist in this particular song is best evident is the breathing room and the space and the pacing of the beginning stuff and not so much the neeeeeeeooowwww, neow neow neowwwwwww 'fly on, little wing' solo bit. It's kinda loose and slow and gentle and all about feel. Moreblack posted one ages ago of some bloke in a hat doing it that was the fuckin' bollocks but generally speaking you don't play with ol' Jim on this sorta stuff.

I think the talent of a guitarist in this particular song is best evident is the breathing room and the space and the pacing of the beginning stuff and not so much the neeeeeeeooowwww, neow neow neowwwwwww 'fly on, little wing' solo bit. It's kinda loose and slow and gentle and all about feel. Moreblack posted one ages ago of some bloke in a hat doing it that was the fuckin' bollocks but generally speaking you don't play with ol' Jim on this sorta stuff.

lol some guy in a hat. I think you mean Stevie Ray Vaughan and this is the version Moreblack posted if I'm not mistaken:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wotUs41HTY&feature=player_embedded

Great feel.