Have you thought about trying to be the middleman for some type of reunion?

izzydoezit

Since you are a person who seems to see things pretty clear without preoccupation towards any side, would you consider making an effort?

I know you are a busy businessman, but I guess that besides a friend of the band, you are a fan like us and I am sure you'd wish to see them play together once again sometime in some type of reunion. Be that a single show, or tour or whatever.

Do you think you could ever play that role? Are you willing to pursue this sometime? The fans would be grateful.

Edited by izzydoezit

There was a time where that could have worked up till 2007 and I did put in some effort in the past but now Axl would not trust me to be involved. I think he thinks that somehow I'm more on Slash's side which I not. I have always been right in the middle. I understand why they spilt Axl still thinks that they didn't have to split. I understand why Slash did or said some of the things he did and Axl does not so that is just one of the reasons why Axl wouldn't trust me. The other problem is Axl doesn't want to try and work it out with Slash, he would rather stay as far away from Slash as he can. Axl would have to be willing to work something out first and then you would need a good middle man. Slash already gave up on the idea of anything ever happening between them after the Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame. So before you had some interest from Slash to do some gigs with the old band but now I think he has moved on knowing that Axl doesn't want to do that. I think from Axl's point of view, Slash has said or did so many bad things to him and never apologized for them is one of the reasons why Axl won't budge.

It always seemed to me that Duff could be the guy to broker the peace, but he does not see interested in doing it. Maybe he knows too well that it's a lost cause and prefers to at least have good relations with the two guys separately rather than risk his own relationship by bringing up the subject.

There was a time where that could have worked up till 2007 and I did put in some effort in the past but now Axl would not trust me to be involved. I think he thinks that somehow I'm more on Slash's side which I not. I have always been right in the middle. I understand why they spilt Axl still thinks that they didn't have to split. I understand why Slash did or said some of the things he did and Axl does not so that is just one of the reasons why Axl wouldn't trust me. The other problem is Axl doesn't want to try and work it out with Slash, he would rather stay as far away from Slash as he can. Axl would have to be willing to work something out first and then you would need a good middle man. Slash already gave up on the idea of anything ever happening between them after the Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame. So before you had some interest from Slash to do some gigs with the old band but now I think he has moved on knowing that Axl doesn't want to do that. I think from Axl's point of view, Slash has said or did so many bad things to him and never apologized for them is one of the reasons why Axl won't budge.

Marc just curious what do you think what will happen if they ever run into each other ?

Edited by Son of a Guns

Would Slash be willing to try some kind of generic apology for whatever he did wrong to Axl at least to patch things up. I mean this feud, is the most ridiculous of all feuds in the music business. Nobody seems to even know what it is all about. Noone can explain the animosity.

I was hoping Slash's being clean and sober would have influenced Axl to try and make amends. I think a lot of the things Slash said or did that upset Axl likely were fueled by his drug / alcohol use. Slash seems to be in a very good place in life and is playing better than ever now that he is sober. I always thought Axl might be able to realize Slash isn't the same person as he was 12 to 15 years ago and be willing to at least try and discuss some of their issues. Apparently, this is wishful thinking.....

Would Slash be willing to try some kind of generic apology for whatever he did wrong to Axl at least to patch things up. I mean this feud, is the most ridiculous of all feuds in the music business. Nobody seems to even know what it is all about. Noone can explain the animosity.

Don't want to start another Axl vs. Slash pissing match on was the most wrong, but from what Marc has said Slash does not feel he has anything to apologize for so it is a stalemate..... :shrugs:

Marc just curious what do you think what will happen if they ever run into each other ?

It could go either way, Axl turns around and leaves or they end up talking.

Yes I understand, but I was talking about Slash being the bigger man, and doing a gesture of good will to show that.

As far as I see it, Slash has some issues with how some things went down too. So I think he feels if anything they both just forget whatever happened in the past and start over. Axl sees it differently

Edited by recklessroad

Yes I understand, but I was talking about Slash being the bigger man, and doing a gesture of good will to show that.

As far as I see it, Slash has some issues with how some things went down too. So I think he feels if anything they both just forget whatever happened in the past and start over. Axl sees it differently

It speaks volumes of them both two grown up men can`t get over their feud bury hatchet and be at least civil with each other

[quote name=recklessroad'

timestamp='1353773928' post='3277298]

There was a time where that could have worked up till 2007 and I did put in some effort in the past but now Axl would not trust me to be involved. I think he thinks that somehow I'm more on Slash's side which I not. I have always

been right in the middle. I understand why they spilt Axl still thinks that they didn't have to split. I understand why Slash did or said some of the things he did and Axl does not so that is just one of the reasons why Axl wouldn't trust me. The other problem is Axl doesn't want to try and

work it out with Slash, he would rather stay as far away from Slash as he can. Axl would have to be willing to work something out first and then you would need a good middle man. Slash already gave up on the idea of anything ever happening between them after the Rock N' Roll

Hall Of Fame. So before you had some interest from Slash to do some gigs with the old band but now I think he has moved on knowing that Axl doesn't want to do that. I think from Axl's point of view, Slash has said or did so many bad things to him and never apologized for them is one of the reasons why Axl won't budge.

[quote name=izzydoezit'

timestamp='1353796136' post='3277533]

As far as I see it, Slash has some issues with how some things went down too. So I think he feels if anything they both just forget whatever

happened in the past and start over. Axl sees it differently

It speaks volumes of them both two grown up

men can`t get over their feud bury hatchet and be at least civil with each other

People change. Even families who are bonded by blood can have relationship breakdowns and long-standing feuds. It's sad but just a part of life. I'm guessing Axl & Slash would have respected and cared for each other deeply at some point to be so hurt and the opposite these days. Would that be a fair assumption Marc?