Axl & Bipolar Disorderj

Vincent Vega

Hey--

I apologize if the following questions are too personal; if so, disregard them.

Years ago, Axl talked about having bipolar disorder, and said he'd taken a 500 question psychological test and that that was what the doctors diagnosed him as having. He mentioned having the disorder several times in the late 80s and early 90s, but in more recent times, he backed away from it, claiming people made up that he was bipolar for this or that reason.

Some questions:

1) I know you're not a doctor, but do you think Axl is bipolar? Did he ever speak to you about it in both the old days and in recent history?

2) Do you know if he was getting therapeutically treated for it, in the last few years? Or did Beta stop that? You mentioned something once about Beta stopping him from seeing a therapist...?

Just wondering as if we knew for sure that he was bipolar and was medicated etc it might help us understand him better and understand why he does what he does sometimes.

I reckon it's fair to say that Axl Rose has had a very hard childhood, an incredibly unique and insanely successful career - and these enough are things that can allow us fans to be more understanding for the man's life. I can't really even imagine what he's been through...

Nobody in the world is perfect, I think maybe to an extent most people have some kind of mental or emotional problems - it's just life :shrugs:

Vincent,

Mood swings, agressions and stuff like that, isn't it clear allready?

So many years of creativity wasted. Nobody's to blame but makes your

mind wonder, what if someone noticed that about 20 years ago? And did something?

Also, what if couple of others stopped drinking and selfmedication on time?

I think he just needs to talk to someone that can help him deal with the fact that he holds in so much anger. He is also very sensitive and is misunderstood a lot and at the same time he him self seams to misunderstand a lot of things he sees or reads about him or the band.

That's the part I don't get. Instead of seething in the fact that he thinks he's so misunderstood and there's so much misinformation out there, why not try to clarify? I know he's sort of attempted with things like the Axl chats, the Billboard interview and his letter to the HOF etc., but fact is, for a guy who can obviously write lyrics, he really doesn't know how to actually communicate his thoughts coherently and effectively.

That's the part I don't get. Instead of seething in the fact that he thinks he's so misunderstood and there's so much misinformation out there, why not try to clarify? I know he's sort of attempted with things like the Axl chats, the Billboard interview and his letter to the HOF etc., but fact is, for a guy who can obviously write lyrics, he really doesn't know how to actually communicate his thoughts coherently and effectively.

Oh, he communicates very effectively alright. That's actually one of the things I like about him, he is very straightforward and direct. There's no fake bullshit, everyone knows where they stand with him. Like that video posted recently where a guy was getting on his nerves, Axl didn't hesitate to push him aside and scream "Get the fuck out of my way". When he is pissed at someone, he lets them know it in many different ways. His problem is that he doesn't trust hardly anybody, and he thinks that virtually everyone is out to get him or take advantage of him. It's clearly paranoia.

Oh, he communicates very effectively alright. That's actually one of the things I like about him, he is very straightforward and direct. There's no fake bullshit, everyone knows where they stand with him.

Although even then you can see he's either not processing it all properly, or he's effectively ignoring a good amount of stuff, assuming he sees it at all...

• 2 weeks later...