Is Axl delaying the next album because deep down he knows that this current lineup isn't capable of writing GNR caliber music?

BBA

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think you have the wrong drummer there...

Na, frank sucks, but going back to adler would be a mistake. too coked up, and a worthless scum of a human being. he should go back inside of his mother and never come back out..

Reunion should have matt sorum or brain

I think its a pretty fair point.

I'm starting to think that the leftovers from the Chinese Democracy sessions aren't up to much. I mean, come on - Silkworms?

If Axl knows that what he's got is mediocre, and has nothing much left in the creative tank, then he's better off releasing nothing, than releasing a terrible album which will just tarnish the GNR legacy.

True. Plus, what if Ashba's got sick shit up his sleeve? Sixx A.M. is a sick band! Working with neil diamond, writing saints of los angeles...I think Ashba's talented to a point and may have been writing sick shit, but do you think axl wants to record shit with his voice sounding like mickey mouse?? He dicked around with chinese for years re-recording over and over until his voice sounded perfect in his mind..now he doesn't wanna release shit. IMO he procrastinated to the point that he hurt himself and his fan base.

Him being able to make more money doing the same tour than releasing new material has to be a factor at some point. If it's the money HE wants, then touring is where it's at.

Why release shit? Did the band lose money from chinese? Just curious..I'm thinking I'm not releasing a new album unless I'm prepared financially for it to fail...that's probably part of what axls doing. Maybe he doesn't know what to think..

"I can't release it until we've made "X" amount of money for the label and to protect ourselves if it fails"

"I sound like shit. I'm not recording today"

"WE can't release it til it's perfect and we get to do things the way we wanna do them. Until the label gives in, it's a lockout!"

Shit like that..

Edited by AxlRose14

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why release shit? Did the band lose money from chinese? Just curious..I'm thinking I'm not releasing a new album unless I'm prepared financially for it to fail...that's probably part of what axls doing. Maybe he doesn't know what to think..

The band got lucky that the Best Buy deal was made. Best Buy got screwed on that deal. The band most likely won't see the same kind of funding or even 50% of it. GNR releasing an album would be strictly for the sake of giving people new material. The market isn't set up for them to make a ton of money through sells. Touring is where the money is at and that's where Axl prefers to be apparently.

I would be shocked if Axl is somehow planning to use his own money for the project.

Him being able to make more money doing the same tour than releasing new material has to be a factor at some point. If it's the money HE wants, then touring is where it's at.

Some of the more vocal Axl defenders praise Axl by saying he isn't in the business for the money. Slash is a fame whore who is all about the money.....bon jovi and metallica release tons of music specifically just to get more money.....and the reason Axl doesn't release more music is because he has more integrity than these other artists. This has been the foundation of several different topic debates

It is interesting to see how that tide has changed on this forum. Now Axl is doing the "smart" thing by playing weddings, Vegas and endless touring.....because that is where the money is at. So Axl has more integrity than most because he isn't in the business for the money.....but he is smart because he choosing to do things that make the most money.

Or the other funny one.

Slash, BJ, Metallica only put out multiple albums to make money. But then they say Axl doesn't need to focus on an album because albums don't make money anymore.

Opinions are based solely depending if Axl is involved or not. Weird stuff.

As for the real topic.

None of us know why Axl has decided to keep his music so secret. None of us know why he doesn't want to share it with his millions of fans.

Several posters like to put forth their opinions like they are facts. But all the responses in here are just guesses. Axl, Beta and Fernando know. The band and the fans......all we can do is wait and see what happens.

Some of the more vocal Axl defenders praise Axl by saying he isn't in the business for the money. Slash is a fame whore who is all about the money.....bon jovi and metallica release tons of music specifically just to get more money.....and the reason Axl doesn't release more music is because he has more integrity than these other artists. This has been the foundation of several different topic debates

It is interesting to see how that tide has changed on this forum. Now Axl is doing the "smart" thing by playing weddings, Vegas and endless touring.....because that is where the money is at. So Axl has more integrity than most because he isn't in the business for the money.....but he is smart because he choosing to do things that make the most money.

Or the other funny one.

Slash, BJ, Metallica only put out multiple albums to make money. But then they say Axl doesn't need to focus on an album because albums don't make money anymore.

As for the real topic.

None of us know why Axl has decided to keep his music so secret. None of us know why he doesn't want to share it with his millions of fans.

Several posters like to put forth their opinions like they are facts. But all the responses in here are just guesses. Axl, Beta and Fernando know. The band and the fans......all we can do is wait and see what happens.

I think you're right on with the point of how Axl fans sometimes rationalize whatever he's doing. If Slash or Bon Jovi do something it's always evil but if Axl does the same thing, there's a reason for it. I've actually been accused in the past but I try to keep a balance. For example, I've always been a big defender of the "ticket sales don't matter" thing. I don't go around pointing out when/if Slash has low attendance or if GN'R has a big attendance somewhere, because if I said ticket sales don't matter, I should feel that way for all (IMO).

And you're last point is dead on. Defenders of Axl can claim that the music just so amazing that they're holding on to it for "the right time" or whatever. Axl haters can claim that the music we haven't heard is just so awful that there's no way they'll release it. Like you said, no one really knows what the real story is except literally 3 people.

Or the other funny one.

As for the real topic.

Excellent post. The condition the Axl defenders are suffering from is called Stockholm Syndrome.

Stockholm syndrome can be seen as a form of traumatic bonding, which does not necessarily require a hostage scenario, but which describes "strong emotional ties that develop between two persons where one person intermittently harasses, beats, threatens, abuses, or intimidates the other."[4] One commonly used hypothesis to explain the effect of Stockholm Syndrome is based on Freudian theory. It suggests that the bonding is the individual's response to trauma in becoming a victim. Identifying with the aggressor is one way that the ego defends itself. When a victim believes the same values as the aggressor, they no longer become a threat. [5]

Battered-person syndrome is an example of activating the capture-bonding psychological mechanism, as are military basic training and fraternity bonding by hazing.

I think it's messed up how little Axl is seen with the others off stage. But why wouldn't they be able to do a good record together? They all have great talent. Besides...when Axl adds his touch to all songs, they will be ace.

The poll results thus far suggest otherwise. According to 100% of those polled, the fans don't think that the current band is capable of a decent record - and/or Axl needs to get Slash / Izzy back in the fold.

And I must say, I agree with this assessment.

I think it's messed up how little Axl is seen with the others off stage. But why wouldn't they be able to do a good record together? They all have great talent. Besides...when Axl adds his touch to all songs, they will be ace.

The poll results thus far suggest otherwise. According to 100% of those polled, the fans don't think that the current band is capable of a decent record - and/or Axl needs to get Slash / Izzy back in the fold.

And I must say, I agree with this assessment.

What do you mean? Do we only accept opinions that are in line with the polls and your own negative expectations?

Fine if you THINK so, but don't spread shit just to spread shit.