Updated: Axl's Vocals added: There Was A Time - Classical Guitar Ensemble

EstrangedGuitar

Hopefully not breaking any rules of this message board:

With Axl vocals, 320kbs MP3 download, make sure to download it for the high quality version, instead of listening to it on that site:

http://www14.zippysh...96830/file.html

I am a bit surprised they took down the clip, especially because it took them about 10 minutes after it was uploaded.

Axl's vocals are uploaded without any accompanying sounds on Youtube so. It has been shown that when the industry embraces the digital era and what their fan base does with it (like covers, remixes, and so forth), they gain more than by fighting against it. It is free promotion (to give an example, I got a message from a younger GNR fan who never heard of Chinese Democracy, telling me this is not a GNR song, so I made him check out the album) and I really gain nothing from this financially or career-wise because I do it anonymously (which is a conscious decision) in my own home. In fact almost no one knows I play guitar.

It is the old system within the industry (in its last throes) that does this though, so the band is not to blame. Cheers.

Edited by EstrangedGuitar
  • Like 1

With Axl vocals, 320kbs MP3 download:

I am a bit surprised they took down the clip, especially because it took them about 10 minutes after it was uploaded.

Axl's vocals are uploaded without any accompanying sounds on Youtube so. It has been shown that when the industry embraces the digital era and what their fan base does with it (like covers, remixes, and so forth), they gain more than by fighting against it. It is free promotion (to give an example, I got a message from a younger GNR fan who never heard of Chinese Democracy, telling me this is not a GNR song, so I made him check out the album) and I really gain nothing from this financially or career-wise because I do it anonymously (which is a conscious decision) in my own home. In fact almost no one knows I play guitar.

It is the old system within the industry (in its last throes) that does this though, so the band is not to blame. Cheers.

Fantasitc job man it`s great :thumbsup:

With Axl vocals, 320kbs MP3 download, make sure to download it for the high quality version, instead of listening to it on that site:

Thanks! Haha why is head bleeped out!

This actually sounds really awesome. Just really shows the song is a great song. A classical arrangement is less trendy or stylish, so a good song at its core will really shine through - as opposed to songs that stand out for their thick sound and production values or cutting edge stylistic arrangements.

This just solidifies this as a great song in my books, and you are right will likely turn other people on to Guns n Roses, and rightly so, they rock.

Good job with that again!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...