Updated: Axl's Vocals added: There Was A Time - Classical Guitar Ensemble

EstrangedGuitar

Hey GNR folk,

After I did a classical guitar version of Estranged, most members of the GNR community asked me to do There Was A Time. I just finished a classical guitar ensemble version of TWAT and present it to you hereby. Next week (orso) I will upload another version which will have Axl's vocals added to it.

MP3 download is in the description. Hope you like it(:

The full instrumental version:

The version with Axl's vocals added to the mix and minus the guitars that mimicked his parts. Youtube does not allow it because of complaints by the record company, so hopefully not breaking any rules of this message board:

With Axl vocals, 320kbs MP3 download, make sure to download it for the high quality version, instead of listening to it on that site:

http://www14.zippysh...96830/file.html

For the ones who missed Estranged, classical guitar ensemble (with a lower quality microphone at the time), browse the videos.

Cheers.

Edited by EstrangedGuitar

Amazing. I would definitely buy a full cd of those. Cool way to see both Axl's more grandiose style at its "guts" level and also how Slash, Finck, Bucket, etc. each put their stamp on it. To me- when a song still stands up in a format like this- you've got a GREAT song. Well done.

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY

Absolutely amazing renditions of each! I would buy a CD full of that as well.

Like a previous poster rightly said, when a song is this good this stripped down, it's a great song.

I am surprised how well TWAT holds up when played with the same instrumentation in the same style to compare, against Estranged.

It's like I have felt all along. The people who don't like Chinese Democracy are more hung up on the 'sound' as opposed to the music itself. The music is brilliant, as always.

Edited by kbirdie76

Hey GNR folk,

After I did a classical guitar version of Estranged, most members of the GNR community asked me to do There Was A Time. I just finished a classical guitar ensemble version of TWAT and present it to you hereby. Next week (orso) I will upload another version which will have Axl's vocals added to it.

MP3 download is in the description. Hope you like it(:

For the ones who missed it; Estranged, classical guitar ensemble (with a lower quality microphone at the time):

Cheers.

Veeeery cool, thanks for sharing.

Cheers for the additional comments, GNR folk.

I have added Axl's vocals to the mix and took away the guitars that mimicked his parts. You can mix the drums, bass, keyboard, guitar parts yourself if you want, they will be in sync. Hope you like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZpz2u_6dEY

I will record a GNR song every 2-3 months so I will keep you updated in the near future.

Thanks for listening and a fruitful New Year to all.

Can you re-post a link somewhere? This one is blocked!!

C'mon man, no new music in what 5 years now, and you're blocking fan videos containing already released music on youtube?? If anything it will just add popularity and boost the next albums sales and show ticket sales! What is CD selling for at best buy, last I checked $1.99...put up ads on his youtube videos, if the video is popular you'll probably make more on that than you will selling copies of CD!

I don't get these stupid record companies and their outdated practices, and oppressive tactics.