Your favorite of the three new albums by punk rockers GREEN DAY?

Subtle Signs

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like some songs on Dookie and American Idiot. Everything else is ass.

For old times sake-Thanks for the laugh,Broham! Then again I am a Green Day Nutswinger so I don't know how valid my opinion is on their music. Those are the 2 most commercially successful GD albums but I wouldn't say they are the best.

Uno is great although a lot of it sounds like filler, Angel Blue, Troublemaker, Stay The Night etc. Oh Love, Nuclear Family, Carpe Diem and Fell For You are my favourites from Uno. Dos wasn't really anything memorable apart from Nightlife. Tre is brilliant though, only songs I don't listen to is The Forgotten. The first verse(s) to Dirty Rotten Bastards may be one of the catchiest bits they've done, I can listen to and rewind it for a good while before listening to the whole song. Tre definitely gets my vote with Uno close behind.

I think you are leaving off some quality songs from Dos.Stop When The Red Lights Flash and Wild One are my favorites.The Forgotten has definitely grown on me.

Maybe I'm not giving Dos enough credit. I'll only listen to it if its next up on iTunes, its not an album I'll willingly click on or put in my stereo unlike Uno or Tre.

I was never a die hard fan of them. Liked their pre major label stuff, and a lot of their stuff up to Warning, but they've sucked ass ever since they sold their souls to hot topic in '04. They're nothing more but a complete label manufactured punk rawkerzz. Shame they went the path they did.

I listened to their trilogy just out of curiosity, since I heard they abandoned that political rebel against the government concept album crap, and it's a complete mess. There's enough stuff where it maybe could have been a solid single album. But this is a text book case of why multi-released albums aren't always a good thing. It's like they a-listed every brain fart they had in the studio.

Edited by Bobbo

I was never a die hard fan of them. Liked their pre major label stuff, and a lot of their stuff up to Warning, but they've sucked ass ever since they sold their souls to hot topic in '04. They're nothing more but a complete label manufactured punk rawkerzz. Shame they went the path they did.

I don't get this. Their sound changed a little bit, they made a well-crafted pop-punk concept album, but because it actually sold in an era where CD sales dried up a significant amount, it's like they sold out. I'm not the biggest Green Day fan, but American Idiot is a pretty damn good album for their genre. Just because some of the album has politically charged lyrics, it's like people think they're trying to capture a sign of the times to sell albums.

I don't get this. Their sound changed a little bit, they made a well-crafted pop-punk concept album, but because it actually sold in an era where CD sales dried up a significant amount, it's like they sold out. I'm not the biggest Green Day fan, but American Idiot is a pretty damn good album for their genre. Just because some of the album has politically charged lyrics, it's like people think they're trying to capture a sign of the times to sell albums.

It wasn't just the sound, it was the whole brand in general. The red ties, the studded belts, the guy liner, the whole black uniformed look, all that shit that every other "punk" band was trending at the time, the vague lyrics about rebelling about what the government wants you to believe, it just seemed so label manufactured to keep them relevant. It just seemed so fake to me.

"I don't wanna live in the modern world"

"I DON'T WANNA LIVE IN THE MODEEERRRNN WORLDD"

Ya know that same "modern world" that they're very much apart of, making millions upon millions of dollars working for a top dog corporation, but yet they're somehow hardcore rebels. Gimme a fuckin' break. :jerkoff: . Their (current) lyrics are like Johnny Rotten for toddlers.

It wasn't just the sound, it was the whole brand in general. The red ties, the studded belts, the guy liner, the whole black uniformed look, all that shit that every other "punk" band was trending at the time, the vague lyrics about rebelling about what the government wants you to believe, it just seemed so label manufactured to keep them relevant. It just seemed so fake to me.

Ya know that same "modern world" that they're very much apart of, making millions upon millions of dollars working for a top dog corporation, but yet they're somehow hardcore rebels. Gimme a fuckin' break. :jerkoff: . Their (current) lyrics are like Johnny Rotten for toddlers.

That song is called American Eulogy.It's from 21st Century Breakdown not American Idiot. It kicks ass.

Sing us the song of the century

That sings like American eulogy

The dawn of my love and conspiracy

Of forgotten hope and the class of 13

Tell me a story into that goodnight

Sing us a song for me

Mass Hysteria

Mass Hysteria

Mass Hysteria

Mass Hysteria

Red alert is the color of panic

Elevated to the point of static

Beating into the hearts of the fanatics

And the neighborhood's a loaded gun

Idle thought leads to full-throttle screaming

And the welfare is asphyxiating

Mass confusion is all the new rage

And it's creating a feeding ground

For the bottom feeders of hysteria

Mass Hysteria

Mass Hysteria

Mass Hysteria

Mass Hysteria

True sounds of maniacal laughter

And the deaf-mute is misleading the choir

The punch line is a natural disaster

And it's sung by the unemployed

Fight fire with a riot

The class war is hanging on a wire

Because the martyr is a compulsive liar

When he said

"It's just a bunch of hooray for tolerance!s throwing gas into the hysteria"

Mass Hysteria

Mass Hysteria

Mass Hysteria

Mass Hysteria

There's a disturbance on the oceanside

They tapped into the reserve

The static response is so unclear now

Mayday this is not a test!

As the neighborhood burns, American is falling

Vigilantes warning you

Calling Christian and Gloria

I don't want to live in the modern world

I'm the class of 13

In the era of dissent

A hostage of the soul

On a strike to pay the rent

The last of the rebels

Without a common ground

I'm gonna light a fire

Into the underground

I am a nation

Without bureaucratic ties

Deny the allegation as it's written

I want to take a ride to the great divide

Beyond the "up to date"

And then neo-gentrified

The high definition for the low resident

Where the value of your mind

Is not held in contempt

I can hear the sound of

A beating heart

That bleeds beyond a system

That's falling apart

With money to burn

On a minimum wage

'Cause I don't give a shit

About the modern age

Mass Hysteria

Mass Hysteria

Mass Hysteria

Mass Hysteria

I understand it from an image perspective, because their image changed with that album. Personally, I don't really care about image, so I don't argue its significance as far as music is concerned.

I mean, if you don't like the lyrics, you don't like the lyrics. But concept albums are a whole different world. Some of them are like statements of their time. I could see Green Day being insulted if they made a concept album every time there was massive political unrest or something. But really, it was a snapshot of its time. Doesn't mean it's automatically good, but I'd rather have a thought-provoking album than a dull one.

• 2 weeks later...

According to the Ultimate Box Set pre-order website, the release date for ¡Quatro! has been pushed back to February 12th.

¡Quatro!, Green Day's trilogy documentary, was originally scheduled to be released January 29th, according to the same website. Now it looks as if we have to wait another two weeks :(

We have seen bits and pieces of ¡Quatro! due to VH1's hour-long airing of it back in November. When it aired, we wrote a little review, recapping all the interesting finds. Go check that out here.

As we reported last week, the first public screening of the full-length version of ¡Quatro! will take place at the X-Games in Aspen, Colorado in a little over a week from now on January 26th. If some of you are attending, please shoot us an email to let us know how it is!

Within the next couple weeks, we will certainly be getting a lot more information about the documentary, as well as a concrete release date (we can hope). We will be sure to keep you updated