12. Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VgKmJRhsx4onha khoa

From the man who knows hustlin' better than you, me, and the rest of humanity combined comes an LP opus that's so stupidly grandiose yet so ridiculously golden (no pun intended) in its socio-economic ambitions that you can't help but wonder: did the 90's ever really die, or has the age of nostalgia finally gotten caught in a loop that even America's greatest Eagle Scout will be unable to untangle us from as the years go on?

But I digress: Rick Ross knows how to get a party started, and this was 2012's go-to record for coked-up commentary concept album jibberjabber, souped up against some of the best goddamned production/sampling the West Coast hotshots have to offer (AKA The Justice League). I mean, listen to dat smooth sax on album centerpiece 'Sixteen' or Usher's uncharacteristically well-placed croon that graces the radio-friendly 'Touch N' You'. I'm no hip-hop connoisseur, but I know craft when I hear it ladies and gents, and it marks an honest-to-God evolution sonically for one of the world's funniest living-n'-breathing oxymorons. Dig it!

Anteat3r.gif

The guy is a complete fraud. He's a former correctional officer who stole his name from a Los Angeles drug lord who was known as "Freeway" Ricky Ross. I wish Suge Knight would dangle him off a hotel balcony.

He's a fraud, but aren't most rappers? Lil' Wayne raps about shooting people while he's dancing on stage like an idiot in front of thousands of suburban college students. They're all phony. Rick Ross sounds legit and that's all that matters.

The guy is a complete fraud. He's a former correctional officer who stole his name from a Los Angeles drug lord who was known as "Freeway" Ricky Ross. I wish Suge Knight would dangle him off a hotel balcony.

He's a fraud, but aren't most rappers? Lil' Wayne raps about shooting people while he's dancing on stage like an idiot in front of thousands of suburban college students. They're all phony. Rick Ross sounds legit and that's all that matters.

That's why modern rap is so shitty. This guy would have probably gotten killed back in the 90's for talking this shit.