People who aren't fans of The West Wing please don't open

spunko12345

Jed Bartlet: There's a tropical storm that's gaining speed and power.

They say we haven't had a storm this bad since you took out that Tender ship of mine in the North Atlantic last year. Sixty-eight crew. You know what a Tender ship?

Fixes the other ships. It doesn't even carry guns, it just goes around, fixes the other ships and delivers the mail.

That's all it can do.

Have I dispelased you, you feckless thug? 3.8 million new jobs, that wasn't good enough?

You know, we forget sometimes. In all the talk about democracy, we forget it's not a democracy. It's a republic. People don't make the decisions. They *choose* the people who make the decisions. Could they do a better job choosing? Yeah, but when you consider the alternatives...

You know, we forget sometimes. In all the talk about democracy, we forget it's not a democracy. It's a republic. People don't make the decisions. They *choose* the people who make the decisions. Could they do a better job choosing? Yeah, but when you consider the alternatives...

THANK you. We have democratic elements in that certain laws have to be passed by the voters, but in the end our elected.representatives are the ones with the final say.

THANK you. We have democratic elements in that certain laws have to be passed by the voters, but in the end our elected.representatives are the ones with the final say.

Seriously, guys? Is this concept only just occurring to you that you feel you have to spell it out?

My god am I glad Im British.

Edited by spunko12345

Seriously, guys? Is this concept only just occurring to you that you feel you have to spell it out?

There is a need to spell it out because there's such a large population of people that still say "well this is democracy isn't it?!" I'm glad glad you're British, too, stay there.

We're for freedom of speech everywhere. We're for freedom to worship everywhere. We're for freedom to learn... for everybody. And because in our time, you can build a bomb in your country and bring it to my country, what goes on in your country is very much my business. And so we are for freedom from tyranny, everywhere, whether in the guise of political oppression, Toby, or economic slavery, Josh, or religious fanaticism, C.J. That most fundamental idea cannot be met with merely our support. It has to be met with our strength. Diplomatically, economically, materially. And, if Pharaoh still don't free the slaves, then he gets the plagues or my cavalry, whichever gets there first. The USTR will go crazy and say that we're not considering global trade. Committee members will go crazy and say I haven't consulted enough. And the Arab world will just go indiscriminately crazy. No country has ever had a doctrine of intervention when only humanitarian interests were at stake. That streak's gonna end Sunday at noon.

I'm glad glad you're British, too, stay there.

Er ok. I was intending to anyway but thanks.