Did Chinese Democracy increase the spectrum of Guns n Roses' fan demographic?

saber_

Do you ever get really,really worried that there are billions of bitter ex-gnr fans out in the world right now ready to rebel and create havoc and chaos from every corner of the world?I do.

Sadly no. Like Axl and Slash they are all getting on a bit and are too bogged down with family and working for the man to have the energy to partake in any kind of uprising. It's slippers, pipe and an early night all the way now.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you ever get really,really worried that there are billions of bitter ex-gnr fans out in the world right now ready to rebel and create havoc and chaos from every corner of the world?I do.

Sadly no. Like Axl and Slash they are all getting on a bit and are too bogged down with family and working for the man to have the energy to partake in any kind of uprising. It's slippers, pipe and an early night all the way now.

Thanks.That makes me feel a little better,and I might get some more sleep now.

In the grand scheme of things, CD did nothing to add any weight to the GNR name. It's seen as the bastard child of the discography, and mostly disregarded as even a GNR album by the masses. Fact.

The vast majority of people regard GNR as the band that put out Appetite, Lies, the UYIs, and even Spaghetti and it ends there.

The few hundred of online fanboys who actually give a shit about Axl's nu gun's output don't compare to the millions of fans across the globe that couldn't give less of a shit if they tried if Axl never bothered playing CD stuff again.

Long story short, it did A LOT more to hurt the GNR name than help it. It's largely insignificant at best.

GNR doesn't need any help, it would survive the fuckin apocalypse.

The legacy and what they achieved in the heyday, yeah I agree. But in terms of what CD did to the name, it sure as shit didn't add any weight to it.

I think years from now when people are (finally) over the fact that they broke up and it was axl's fault cause he's an asshole, If anyone still gives a fuck about GNR in general, people will appreciate it.

In a very selfish way i'm looking forward to all the other stuff in axl's vault and a juicy axl rose biography when axl sails away to the other side. CD would get rereleased then proper booklet and everything. People would say nice things about axl for a while. And remaining original members would do a tour with myles. Axl would come back and haunt them. It'd be great!

Oh i dont mean its become popular in the mainstream. I mean the influences from the 90s are now mainstream. NIN are a huge band now. Nirvana are a legacy band. Korn are an established band. Back when Axl started out on CD they werent like classic rock, they were more like new sensations.

Agree, it will be nice to see a second wave of Rock like we had in the 70/80, but influenced by today classic bands.

I sort of expect the next GNR album to have a garage revival and metalcore and have some sort of Nickelback, SixxAm form. The killers, Black parade, Lana del rey, BRMC.

some ppl here expect an acdc type of album, some an epic thing like CD. I expect immortal art, like a Borges tale.

I expect it go be AcDc form but with a sort of burlesque evanescence dracula vibe.

Gothic hard rock with ron shredding across it and Axl Mouse falsetto through out.