Will new GNR ever become classic?

izzydoezit

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Billy Joel's recent live appearance just reminded me he hadn't put new music out in 20 years, and GNR's turning into a Billy Joel concert... right down to hip problems (hopefully he won't be crashing cars *L*). It sounds like a knock, but it's not when he can still pack arenas and stadiums. He does 6 songs for the hurricane benefit and was one of the best singers that night up against Bruce and Bon Jovi.

Billy and Axl were relatively around the same age when River of Dreams and Chinese Democracy came out.

Volcano doesn't know what the word cupcake means.

While his constant Axl worship is a bit weird and creepy, at least he is a die-hard fan of Axl. And sometimes you can actually have a conversation with him.

And at least he isn't completely crazy like Warchild!!! Oh wait......I think today SHE is posting as sailway, a 50-year old MAN.

Oh look another cupcake :kiss:

shut up lolcano, you're the worst cupcake on this place.

guns n roses is already classic. i never seen a band with a fan base that is so full of butthurt and full of "purists" (which with gnr is ironic to begin with) that simply cannot let the fucking past go.

The media has its agenda.

the media has its agenda against axl rose. why axl doesn't show up to public media events like the GNR HOF or the 2013 HOF

No agenda bullshit there. Axl was shat upon by the public and the HOF and his band was spitted out of the HOF induction. So it was an ego thing. Going there would be admitting his own failure. And Axl is known for never admitting to anything he has done wrong or not well enough.

His ridiculousness peaked by saying that he couldn't write music because of Slash and Stephanie. He is a person that has never blamed himself for anything. It's just so ridiculous.

if there is no media agenda with axl, why didn't the media embrace chinese democracy and help it be a success on the charts with word of mouth and print promotion in newspapers, trade magazines, and the internet?

Because it was bad

No, because the current band means nothing for the vast majority of the world.

Not really...CD came out in a era that classic rock is not relevant anymore, so no matter how good some songs might be, they'll never reach classic cult status. It's just the way it is.

Muse and a few other bands are big enough to be considered classics someday. But in general, electronic-pop and hip hop are ruling.
I don't know how anybody can listen to Muse.
I agree. Even worse, how journalists can compare this band to Queen is beyond my human capacities.
Listen to citizen erased