How come Metallica can do it but Guns cant...

tsunta

A couple of you are missing the point. I'm not sure if you are doing intentionally or to just try and rile people up.

Metallica isn't making music for you (the ones who think they suck). They are making music for their FANS.

So to say that GnR makes better music, you'd rather have one GnR album than 10 Metallica albums - all that has nothing to do with this actual topic. Metallica fans say they same thing about CD.

YOUR personal preference on what type of music you enjoy has nothing to do with how fan-friendly a band is.

The question is how come Metallica puts out albums, videos, dvds, interviews on a regular basis - but GnR can't? The answer to that question has nothing to do with how much you like/dislike Metallica's music.

Right on, this is getting way off topic.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of you are missing the point. I'm not sure if you are doing intentionally or to just try and rile people up.

Metallica isn't making music for you (the ones who think they suck). They are making music for their FANS.

So to say that GnR makes better music, you'd rather have one GnR album than 10 Metallica albums - all that has nothing to do with this actual topic. Metallica fans say they same thing about CD.

YOUR personal preference on what type of music you enjoy has nothing to do with how fan-friendly a band is.

The question is how come Metallica puts out albums, videos, dvds, interviews on a regular basis - but GnR can't? The answer to that question has nothing to do with how much you like/dislike Metallica's music.

Metallica do it because they not a nostalgia act cashing in on hit's that they wrote 2 decades ago. Even though I'm not a big fan of their more modern stuff, I can still admit they they are great when it's come's to delivering music to their fans.

And the reason why some poster's keep going off topic is because on the inside they know why New GN'R has had so many shortcomings, they just don't want to say it out loud. They think out-right praising Axl's every move makes them a bigger fan, when it reality it's mostly Axl's fault that GN'R is a nostalgia act.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

Well, all I can say is that after the Black album Metallica's albums have sucked. St. Angus was just horrible.

I know from other fans that Metallica play mostly their old songs live. I don't think they play anything from St. Angus.

I think Chinese Democracy is way way better than St. Angus. I know it was the first cd after everyone got sober, but it just planned sucked.

Metallica have made some amazing songs since the 80's, but I think they lost their mojo for writing too.

I guess because except for the bass player, it's all the original musicians as where GNR is it's only Axl. Some fans will never accept the new GNR in place of the original members even though it's been over 25 years now.

Well, all I can say is that after the Black album Metallica's albums have sucked. St. Angus was just horrible.

I know from other fans that Metallica play mostly their old songs live. I don't think they play anything from St. Angus.

I think Chinese Democracy is way way better than St. Angus. I know it was the first cd after everyone got sober, but it just planned sucked.

Metallica have made some amazing songs since the 80's, but I think they lost their mojo for writing too.

I guess because except for the bass player, it's all the original musicians as where GNR is it's only Axl. Some fans will never accept the new GNR in place of the original members even though it's been over 25 years now.

If Axl was able to move his current band out of the old band's shadow and actually release new music than I'm pretty sure people would eventually accept it's a new band. Right now however, it's not a new band. It's a cover band playing songs from 25 years ago with a majority of the band having fuck all to do with the old music that only Axl and Dizzy wrote.

And still, just like Groghan said, it doesn't make a difference if you like Metallica's music or not. This isn't about personal taste, it's about the fact that Metallica has been able to do what Axl couldn't do for the last 15 years: put out more than one album of new material. And even though you may not like their more modern music, there's a alot of people who do. And that's all that matter's, that their fans are getting music from their favorite band.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

Saint Anger. There I said it. LOL

Man they'll never live that album down. Anyways Metallica sucks and always has.

And you realize most, as in the world outside this site, look at Chinese Democracy in the same vain as St. Anger, right?

Both are notorious for both of the outfits they represent for all the wrong reasons. Lmao.

Maybe because they also released an album in 2003, and 1997 and 1996. Plus Lulu and a few live DVDs/albums.

That and Mettallica is a 'real' band with James Hetfield, Kirk Hemmet and Lars Ulrich being there for a long, long time...

James and Lars are the only original members.
Yuppity, vaguely remember some guy named Mustaine, an awesome bassist amed Cliff Burton, another named Jason Newsted, also remember an atrocity called "some kind of mother" and for fun I remember them setting Hetfield on fire, way to save on pyro guys!!