There's not a bigger musical genius than Matt Bellamy. CURRENTLY!!

Carne_asaDA

Guest Len B'stard

I remember in some documentary an exec was saying if you release two platinum selling albums in a row in this industry, you're considered a musical genius. It was a Death Row Records docu and he was talking about Dr Dre and how every album he produced went multi-platinum, he was basically trying to explain how high Dre's stock was after the release of Doggystyle.

Yes there is...his name is Marshall Mathers.

I totally agree with this.

So, I've been listening to the most recent Muse stuff only because some of you said they try to sound more like Queen now. I only want to say that you should stop insulting Queen. Thanks. -_-

Edited by izzygirl

So, I've been listening to the most recent Muse stuff only because some of you said they try to sound more like Queen now. I only want to say that you should stop insulting Queen. Thanks. -_-

:lol:

Queen have kind of become to go-to reference for rock bands trying anything with grandeur. Muse sounds kind of melodramatic to me though. There are a couple of cool riffs and basslines here and there but ultimately it leaves me pretty cold.

Edited by Chinaski

Some Muse songs like Knights of Cydonia or Starlight or Time is running out are not that bad. He is not a bad singer (though I think his voice is annoying) and he knows how to make some music... but his songs don't say anything to me.

Queen are shite...that is all :D

Nowhere near the shite that is Sex Pistols.

z220125614.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Their new song Madness is fucking awful. Same goes for the big single from their last album.

Madness was the big single from their last album. :confused:

Nah, I was talking about their album from a few years ago. Uprising was the song. Both are just terrible, can decide which one is worse.