The sound of the "Illusions" albums

GeetarMikey

The songs which needed keys (Estranged, NR), Axl plays them. Dizzy plays on all of the songs that didn't need keys (BO, 14 Years, DNB, Bad Apples).

I have been listening to a lot of boots from the '91 tour and have decided that I prefer Bad Obsession without, harmonica.

The songs which needed keys (Estranged, NR), Axl plays them. Dizzy plays on all of the songs that didn't need keys (BO, 14 Years, DNB, Bad Apples).

I have been listening to a lot of boots from the '91 tour and have decided that I prefer Bad Obsession without, harmonica.

14 Years, Bad Apples and Bad Obsession def needed piano. All are Stonesy honky tonk songs by nature. Also, Axl plays piano on 14 Years, not Dizzy. Dust N' Bones sounds better with the organ.

I feel like Matts drumming gets too much shit. I think whoever said it above is right, it was more the mixing than his drumming. I liked him live. Great technical drummer but does lack a sort of swagger. He was perfect for the types of albums the illusions were trying to be.

14 Years, Bad Apples and Bad Obsession def needed piano. All are Stonesy honky tonk songs by nature. Also, Axl plays piano on 14 Years, not Dizzy. Dust N' Bones sounds better with the organ.

Listen to Izzy's Bad Obsession demo and the mates rehearsal of DN'B. Vastly superior to what ended up on the record.

Also, the Stones possessed Ian Stewart. Guns possessed, ehh. Darren Reed: big difference.

Slash had decided to do most of the guitars and have as little Izzy as possible.

This. Slash is an extremely jealous person.
sup volcano?

Btw yes, the UYI's needs more Izzy, but i hear some stories about a raw, much more energic version of the album. Unfortunately, Slash lost the tapes :anger:

It's a totally shame that 14 years doesn't got the extended guitar solo at the end. That solo is amazing

Btw i like the pianos etc. but a little too much of the effects...

Yeah Sorum is pretty mechanic, but overall i deal with it

Edited by Crash Diet

I dont have a problem with the piano. My guess is Bill Price mix, he did Nevermind the bollocks i think. So sparse guitar. Pistols meets Queen.

It works on some songs. Some songs they just didnt seem to work on enough.