Interesting interview with Josh Homme mentions GN'R

Estranged Reality

http://www.buddyhead.com/2013/04/28/listen-josh-homme-on-jay-mohrs-radioshow/

About 53 minutes into this (pretty awesome) interview, the host Jay Mohr is asking Homme about which bands are the most difficult to follow on stage. He says, "For example, Guns N' Roses couldn't follow Metallica." And then Homme replies, "And Metallica can't follow Slayer." I think it's sort of a diss against GN'R, but I still found it sort of interesting given that they DID follow Metallica back in the day, right? :lol:

Not exactly a groundbreaking GN'R news story but thought some people might like to hear the interview and debate Mohr's comment. :lol:

Sidenote, really excited for the new Queens album.

A donkey on stage with a carrot dangling in front of him could follow Metallica these days.

What are you talking about, hawve you even seen their live show these days? I just saw them last year, the show was filmed for their upcoming 3D movie and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen in my entire life.

I thought Metallica and GNR took turns co-headlining.

Mohr's a good interviewer, I think he'd come up with some good questions for Axl - I know some people don't like him.

A musician's standpoint on other bands is a fair enough assessment.

Metallica can't follow Slayer? :rofl-lol:

This. saw both in March. Guess who the headliner was? And to the guy crapping on about donkeys that didn't even know what AFD songs are about, you wanna see a real live band go see Metallica. Forget going to see GN'R.

I watched them from the sidelines. Only song of theirs I can tolerate is Angel of Death. The rest is just way too fucking loud and lacks any dynamics.

Their fans are the definition of stinky fat white guy in black t shirt elitist metal fan.

A donkey on stage with a carrot dangling in front of him could follow Metallica these days.

What are you talking about, hawve you even seen their live show these days? I just saw them last year, the show was filmed for their upcoming 3D movie and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen in my entire life.

Ssssh! He sounds a lot more tough when he's being dismissive on things he doesn't know anything about! You're blowing his cover dude!