Catcher in the Rye live (Soudboard recording & remastered)

Bruno P.

The song is much better live in my books - the improved solo, the backing vocals (Mostly Ron's), not to mention that Axl's vocals are also great and I love his timbre here...

Can't wait for the 3D one to be released with proper mixing and mastering. It will be killer.

In my opinion it sucks, his voice is annoying and I seriously can't listen to anything special in the backing vocals. they are na na na's, seriously ANYONE can do that in tune. if that amazes you, it's hard to understand how you can dislike Slash so much. Go figure...

In my opinion it sucks, his voice is annoying and I seriously can't listen to anything special in the backing vocals. they are na na na's, seriously ANYONE can do that in tune. if that amazes you, it's hard to understand how you can dislike Slash so much. Go figure...

I actually agree :/

Never liked the song.

his voice is annoying and I seriously can't listen to anything special in the backing vocals. they are na na na's, seriously ANYONE can do that in tune. if that amazes you, it's hard to understand how you can dislike Slash so much. Go figure...

Actually, no. Not everyone can do that. They're not simple "na na na's", lol. The album version had simple "na na na's" and that's why I like the live version better - the live version is actually improved.

Listen to that part properly right before the outro. I'm talking about Ron's singing that allows Axl to do his thing - from what I can tell Ron first does a clean stronger chest voice with a beautiful vibrato, then he does a very soft falsetto while still keeping the vibrato and going from higher notes to lower ones. There's also the "just another day like todaaaaaaay" bit that Ron holds the note (Again with a chest voice while doing a great vibrato) that Axl does in studio, allowing Axl to sing the "When all is said and done" part properly.

The outro solo sounds better live to me as well, and on the performance that'll be released by rockfuel Axl does some nice vibrato that he didn't do in this performance thanks to his voice being stronger by the end of the residency. So bitch all you want, these little technical changes did a lot for me.

And please, don't keep saying false stuff about me, like claiming that I hate Slash. I don't. I just happen to think that he's not the be all and end all of bluesy-inspired hard rock guitar playing and I don't rank him as high as Jimmy Page, Jimi Hendrix or Eddie Van Halen like a lot of you dare to do.

his voice is annoying and I seriously can't listen to anything special in the backing vocals. they are na na na's, seriously ANYONE can do that in tune. if that amazes you, it's hard to understand how you can dislike Slash so much. Go figure...

Actually, no. Not everyone can do that. They're not simple "na na na's", lol. The album version had simple "na na na's" and that's why I like the live version better - the live version is actually improved.

Listen to that part properly right before the outro. I'm talking about Ron's singing that allows Axl to do his thing - from what I can tell Ron first does a clean stronger chest voice with a beautiful vibrato, then he does a very soft falsetto while still keeping the vibrato and going from higher notes to lower ones. There's also the "just another day like todaaaaaaay" bit that Ron holds the note (Again with a chest voice while doing a great vibrato) that Axl does in studio, allowing Axl to sing the "When all is said and done" part properly.

The outro solo sounds better live to me as well, and on the performance that'll be released by rockfuel Axl does some nice vibrato that he didn't do in this performance thanks to his voice being stronger by the end of the residency. So bitch all you want, these little technical changes did a lot for me.

And please, don't keep saying false stuff about me, like claiming that I hate Slash. I don't. I just happen to think that he's not the be all and end all of bluesy-inspired hard rock guitar playing and I don't rank him as high as Jimmy Page, Jimi Hendrix or Eddie Van Halen like a lot of you dare to do.

So people are wrong to praise the guy who is one of the reasons for this place to exist? You just described what any guitar player with backing vocals duties does every day for a living. But hey, since it's Ron doing it, I guess it's amazing, soulful and with great sense of humor.

Beware of the Bumblenerds. They are out in full force. I like the song, but Ron's solo on the album was terrible. Slash would have knocked it out of the park.

Because worshiping a floppy breasted topless idiot in a top hat and some fucking guy in a porcelain mask with a rubber hand and some weird ass robot dance makes you the king of cool here in 2013 right?

Edited by Damn_Smooth

So people are wrong to praise the guy who is one of the reasons for this place to exist? You just described what any guitar player with backing vocals duties does every day for a living. But hey, since it's Ron doing it, I guess it's amazing, soulful and with great sense of humor.

Some are better than others at that job, Ron is an undeniable stand out, Good sound n this.

Sometimes I listen to bands specifically to hear the backups, Dream Theater is fun 2 dissect aurally.

Beware of the Bumblenerds. They are out in full force. I like the song, but Ron's solo on the album was terrible. Slash would have knocked it out of the park.

Because worshiping a floppy breasted topless idiot in a top hat and some fucking guy in a porcelain mask with a rubber hand and some weird ass robot dance makes you the king of cool here in 2013 right?

Actually, it kind of does.

HA! Getting seriously disturbing mental Images from this description! Edited by sailaway

Actually, it kind of does.

You've lost your grip on reality, good sir. You're just another nerd like the rest of us.

Nice to hear the bass. Seeing GNR live, I was really struck at how prominent Tommy is all night. It's pretty awesome. I'd like to hear Ron sing the whole song. He's a excellent singer. I was really happy that his backing vocals have been higher up since 2009. I'm sure it would be annoying, but I wish fans could get him to do some acoustic versions of a few CD songs. I'd love to hear him to Catcher and Shackler acoustic.

Nice to hear the bass. Seeing GNR live, I was really struck at how prominent Tommy is all night. It's pretty awesome. I'd like to hear Ron sing the whole song. He's a excellent singer. I was really happy that his backing vocals have been higher up since 2009. I'm sure it would be annoying, but I wish fans could get him to do some acoustic versions of a few CD songs. I'd love to hear him to Catcher and Shackler acoustic.

He does that stuff all the time on his webcam chats.