GN'R: The Fans Want New Music (NME.com article)

Blusky Grenfield

Guns N' Roses: 'The fans want new music'

AxlRoseGunsNRosesPA130412.jpg

Following yesterday's rumours that Guns N' Roses are set to be releasing a brand new album next year, guitarist Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal said that the band are looking forward to making new music, but have not necessarily started recording.

Though Guns N' Roses guitarist Richard Fortus recently said that the follow-up to 2008's 'Chinese Democracy' is mostly finished but probably won't be released until 2014 – according to Vintage Vinyl News - Thal has said the band are looking to get their current run of shows out of the way before recording.

2006GunsNRosesDownloadPW080711.jpg Thal told Rolling Stone: "We just have little things on the back burner, just waiting for the right time for us to organise and make something new out of it. Hopefully we can make more music – that's what it's about."

He continued: "It's what the fans want, too. They want new music, and we can do it… Let's keep our fingers crossed that life will not get in the way and we can get this last batch of shows done. Looking forward to it, but I'm also looking forward to having the main priority of our Guns time be making new music."

The band's last album was 'Chinese Democracy'. Their sixth effort was notorious for being the most expensive album ever produced, coming it at over $13 million (£8.4 million). 15 years passed between the release of Guns N' Roses' 1993 studio album of covers 'The Spaghetti Incident?' and the eventual release of 'Chinese Democracy'. It took 10 years to record.

Bla bla bla, nothing new or interesting.

Translation:

Management on monday: "Sales are low, boards are down, fans are not intrested anymore....let's do something."

Guitarist #1 on tuesday: "We made some new music together!"

Fans on wednesday: "Yeah!!!!! Finally!!!!"

Guitarist #2 on thursday: "Nah, we ain't got shit."

Fans on friday: "WTF?"

Axl on saturday: "That's it, those guitarists are fired! FIRED!!!! They betray me, stabbing me in the back with a conspirative effort to ruin my legacy in the press. They are evil. Everybody hates me. No one loves me. I need more donuts. And beer. Lots of beer." *issues extremely long winded and super sophisticated 20-page press release saying absolutely nothing*

Some fan on sunday: "Ah....well....whatever......when is that new Alice In Chains record coming out again?"

:tongue2:

Hah, that Fartass-comment made me laugh :D... Nicknames for everyone!

But yeah, I want new music. Be it the Chinese-era stuff reworked or some new-new stuff, I'm down with anything.

Edited by jekylhyde

Fans want new music.

Band members want new music.

Unfortunately, Axl, Beta and Fernando have no interest in creating or releasing new music.

Thank God that we have Team Brazil on board.

Baseball cards, private shows for hollywood elite and playing weddings..........much more important than a band creating music together.

As die-hard Axl and GnR fans, we are extremely lucky to have Beta and Fernando running the band now. Darn lucky.