Suggestion: Lower the amount of embeddable quotes

bacardimayne

Guest bellastar2355

Something SEMI on topic

can you implement a restriction where people cant have posts that just contain other's quotes. I see no point in having posts that only contain quotes from others without actually contributing anything new. It's a pet peeve of mine you could say :awesomeface:

I like doing that. It's a way of saying the exact same thing as someone else without having to type anything. And it also credits the original poster to having said it first.

But there is NO POINT in saying the same exact thing unless the thread is about the amount of people who believe something. If it is an argument, then repeating someone else's arguments without adding anything new, is pure noise. One argument just doesn't become better simply because many people happen to agree.
Yes it does.

Guest Gunns

Something SEMI on topic

can you implement a restriction where people cant have posts that just contain other's quotes. I see no point in having posts that only contain quotes from others without actually contributing anything new. It's a pet peeve of mine you could say :awesomeface:

I like doing that. It's a way of saying the exact same thing as someone else without having to type anything. And it also credits the original poster to having said it first.

But there is NO POINT in saying the same exact thing unless the thread is about the amount of people who believe something. If it is an argument, then repeating someone else's arguments without adding anything new, is pure noise. One argument just doesn't become better simply because many people happen to agree.
Yes it does.

:max:

Something SEMI on topic

Yes it does.

Something SEMI on topic

Yes it does.