What GnR songs have never been performed live?

TombRaider

He did the Get in the ring rant in 91 but never performed the song. Anyone know why?

Axl speaks bout this (plus Don't Damn Me etc.)

He just feel the songs speak for themselves in the record and no need to be played live

Also Axl wants to perform Shotgun blues once

12.12.92 - Estacionamento Do Anhenbi, Sao Paulo, Brazil

opening act: Rosa Tatooada

set: It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Attitude, Welcome To The Jungle, Yesterdays, Double Talkin' Jive, Civil War, Wild Horses [intro] / Patience, It's Alright [intro] / November Rain, Drum Solo, You Could Be Mine, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Sail Away Sweet Sister / Bad Time [intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Don't Cry, Mother [intro] / Paradise City

audio/video recording?: video

notes: It was a calm show compared to the previous. Axl apparently was in a good mood and, complained sometime during the show �Where's my guitar? I'm with the Shotgun Blues... where's my guitar? I wanna beat a� Dead Horse!� Before 'Knockin' On Heaven's Door' Axl said to Gilby, �D'you know Brazilian girls? Yeah let's party with these chicks after the show!' Gilby came to the mic and said "Man, I cant! I have to learn a Beatles song..."

garden of eden?

performed

Cumberland County Civic Center, Portland, ME, USA on March 8, 1993

Birmingham-Jefferson Civic Center Coliseum, Birmingham, AL, USA on February 25, 1993

Frank Erwin Center, Austin, TX, USA on February 23, 1993

Mates Rehearsal, North Hollywood, CA, USA on December 6, 1989

There's also a few that have only been played a handful of times. Going as far back as One in a Million and as far forward as Prostitute.

Here is a list of all the songs they played live and how many times they played it: (By clicking on the song you can also see where it was played and when)

http://www.setlist.fm/stats/guns-n-roses-7bd69e24.html

1 Jam 762 2 Welcome to the Jungle 626 3 Mr. Brownstone 595 4 Paradise City 584 5 Sweet Child O' Mine 574 6 Knockin' on Heaven's Door (Bob Dylan cover) 573 7 It's So Easy 535 8 Live and Let Die (Wings cover) 485 9 Patience 478 10 November Rain 477 11 Nightrain 468 12 You Could Be Mine 464 13 Rocket Queen 355 14 Axl Rose Piano Solo 352 15 Street of Dreams 301 16 Dizzy Reed Piano Solo 282 17 Better 276 18 Don't Cry 275 19 Chinese Democracy 260 20 Richard Fortus Guitar Solo 257 21 Out Ta Get Me 247 22 Madagascar 241 23 Bumblefoot Guitar Solo 220 24 My Michelle 215 25 Civil War 205 26 DJ Ashba Guitar Solo 197 27 Estranged 196 28 Slash Guitar Solo 187 This I Love 187 30 Another Brick in the Wall Part 2 (Pink Floyd cover) 186 31 Used to Love Her 174 32 Double Talkin' Jive 172 33 Robin Finck Guitar Solo 160 Sorry 160 35 Drum Solo 157 36 You're Crazy 138 37 Speak Softly Love (Andy Williams cover) 125 38 Attitude (Misfits cover) 123 39 Bad Obsession 116 40 Whole Lotta Rosie (AC/DC cover) 115 41 Move to the City 102 42 Shackler's Revenge 101 43 I.R.S. 98 44 Think About You 81 45 Motivation (Tommy Stinson song) 76 46 Richard Fortus & Robin Finck Guitar Duet 74 47 Mama Kin (Aerosmith cover) 56 48 Nice Boys (Rose Tattoo cover) 53 49 You Ain't the First 50 50 Dead Horse 43 51 Dust N' Bones 42 52 Glad to Be Here (Bumblefoot cover) 40 53 Riff Raff (AC/DC cover) 39 54 So Fine 38 Catcher in the Rye 38 56 Perfect Crime 36 57 Anything Goes 34 58 14 Years 32 59 Yesterdays 30 Buckethead Guitar Solo 30 61 Reckless Life 29 The Seeker (The Who cover) 29 63 If the World 28 Dead Flowers (The Rolling Stones cover) 28 65 Back Off Bitch 25 Pretty Tied Up 25 67 Heartbreak Hotel (Elvis Presley cover) 24 Objectify (Bumblefoot cover) 24 69 Jumpin' Jack Flash (The Rolling Stones cover) 21 70 The Garden 20 Shadow of Your Love (Hollywood Rose cover) 20 72 My Generation (The Who cover) 19 73 Liquor & Whores (Bubbles & the Shit Rockers cover) 17 Don't Let It Bring You Down (Neil Young cover) 17 75 It's Alright (Black Sabbath cover) 15 76 There Was a Time 13 77 Scraped 12 78 Sonic Reducer (Dead Boys cover) 11 Down on the Farm (UK Subs cover) 11 80 Right Next Door to Hell 9 81 Riad N' the Bedouins 6 Locomotive 6 83 You Gotta Move (Mississippi Fred McDowell cover) 5 Frank Ferrer Drum Solo 5 85 Oh My God 4 Silkworms 4 Coma 4 Garden of Eden 4 89 One in a Million 3 Communication Breakdown (Led Zeppelin cover) 3 Honky Tonk Women (The Rolling Stones cover) 3 It Tastes Good, Don't It? 3 93 O Canada (Calixa Lavallée cover) 2 Wild Horses (The Rolling Stones cover) 2 Prostitute 2 Izzy Stradlin Guitar Solo 2 Whiplash (Metallica cover) 2 Sway (The Rolling Stones cover) 2 Hair of the Dog (Nazareth cover) 2 Bad Apples 2 Sailing (Sutherland Brothers cover) 2 Don't Damn Me 2 Breakdown 2 104 We Will Rock You (Queen cover) 1 Sentimental Movie 1 For Whom the Bell Tolls (Metallica cover) 1 Angie (The Rolling Stones cover) 1 Slash & Izzy Stradlin Guitar Duet 1 Brazilian National Anthem (Francisco Manuel da Silva cover) 1 Born to Be Wild (Steppenwolf cover) 1 Piece of Me (Skid Row cover) 1 Tavaszi Szél Vizet Áraszt 1 Drift Away 1 Beautiful (Christina Aguilera cover) 1 Whole Lotta Love (Led Zeppelin cover) 1 Mongoloid (DEVO cover) 1 Cornshucker 1 Always on the Run (Lenny Kravitz cover) 1 Good Night Tonight (Wings cover) 1 I Got a Line on You (Spirit cover) 1 We're an American Band (Grand Funk Railroad cover) 1 Indonesia Raya (Wage Rudolph Supratman cover) 1 I Want You to Want Me (Cheap Trick cover) 1 You Shook Me (Earl Hooker cover) 1 Train Kept A-Rollin' (Tiny Bradshaw cover) 1 Ain't Goin' Down 1 Wishing Well (Free cover) 1 Flower Of Scotland (Roy Williamson cover) 1 Marseilles (Angel City cover) 1 Back in the U.S.S.R. (The Beatles cover) 1 Negaraku (Pierre-Jean de Béranger cover) 1 Strutter (Kiss cover) 1 Rock and Roll (Led Zeppelin cover) 1 Tie Your Mother Down (Queen cover) 1 Scarred for Life (Rose Tattoo cover) 1 Hatikvah (Naftali Herz Imber cover) 1 Indiana Ain't My Kinda of Town 1 Rockaria (Electric Light Orchestra cover) 1 Lebanese National Anthem (Wadih Sabrá cover) 1 It's Not Unusual (Tom Jones cover) 1 Tommy Stinson Bass Solo 1

Edited by sword&tulipz

There's also a few that have only been played a handful of times. Going as far back as One in a Million and as far forward as Prostitute.

Here is a list of all the songs they played live and how many times they played it: (By clicking on the song you can also see where it was played and when)

http://www.setlist.fm/stats/guns-n-roses-7bd69e24.html

1 Jam 762

Thank you for that but this is funny :lol:

In 1992 GN'R played three nights in Tokyo and filmed them. First night they play Coma. Second night they played Locomotive. For some odd reason they released the third night as an official film - a night which does not feature those songs. I have a bootleg (3 Nights in Tokyo) and GN'R nail it the first two nights.

Odd.

But it is essentially Get in the Ring, DDM - and My World if you regard it as a song - and the majority of TSI. Farm Aid provides us with Down on the Farm. Rio 2 gives us Bad Apples.

lol some fans are ridiculous, they don't even know what songs have or have not been performed. :lol:

so... being a fan means, among other things, memorizing setlists? :laugh:

Nah, but it's general Gn'R trivia, y'know? :lol:

In 1992 GN'R played three nights in Tokyo and filmed them. First night they play Coma. Second night they played Locomotive. For some odd reason they released the third night as an official film - a night which does not feature those songs. I have a bootleg (3 Nights in Tokyo) and GN'R nail it the first two nights.

Oh yes, they did it! I have those bootlegs as well and the band was on fire!

Since I Don't Have You was used as an intro (only 4 lines) for Patience in 1993.

I thought it was used as an intro for SCOM?

Not always. They used it as an intro for Paradise City once. It was great hearing Axl sayin' "BULLSHIT" in the middle of it. :lol:

Edit: Found the video.

Beautiful. REAL Guns N' Roses -- best band in the world. rock4

Since I Don't Have You was used as an intro (only 4 lines) for Patience in 1993.

I thought it was used as an intro for SCOM?

Not always. They used it as an intro for Paradise City once. It was great hearing Axl sayin' "BULLSHIT" in the middle of it. :lol:

Edit: Found the video.

Beautiful. REAL Guns N' Roses -- best band in the world. rock4

thanks for the vid, and yes, real gnr is awesome, so raw, so powerful and so beautiful at the same time rock4 .