The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Hernandez came on too late also. I know there was a delay, but should've been earlier.

Appreciate we should cut our losses with Kags, but could've at least started?

Agree on Pea. I'm not sure what bringing on Fletcher was meant to achieve, although it's excellent to see him back.

Watching the Swansea game Kagawa took up good positions and I could see him calling for the ball. The ball more often or not went to the wings. Maybe our style of play is the problem?

Edited by ADPT

Guest Len B'stard

I actually find it funny how much you hate us :lol:

Despise is the word :lol: A deep festering self perpetuating ever-growing sore of resentment and distaste would be a more accurate appraisal :lol:

(don't take that personal cuz you know i love you but ugh, shocking taste in football teams!)

What about the England team? Traditionally I just think they won't win it anyway. But even with Theo out say they still have a team imo.

Hart - getting sabotage by Pullagranny but still best we have

Johnson - kind of a liability defensively, but good going forward, maybe Jones as safer option.

Cahill - Solid

Jagielka - or Terry

Cole - seems alright, Baines okay too

Gerrard - in that deeper role

Carrick - could also sit in there letting Gerrard roam a bit, other options Wilshire.

Henderson - I think he's done great in this box-to-box role for Liverpool. Lampard could fill these mid roles too.

Welbeck - left wing

Rooney - up front

Sturridge - right wing

Milner - Utility player

Theo - Sterling, Townsend also wildcard option, Zaha.

Might be better to play 4-2-4 - with Welbeck, Rooney, Sturridge, Theo. with Sturridge up front like in the Suarez role, Rooney behind, Sterling and Welbeck floating around. Henderson linking up with Sturridge. Wilshire/Gerrard keeping things ticking over.

Only thing they missing is a real out and out striker and a Messi-like genius player. Maybe Barkley could add something. Still can't think of a striker in mold of Giroud to add something else. Lambert seems a bit bollocks. Defoe is old. Maybe Carroll will come in and stake a claim.

Edited by wasted

Some good news for David Moyes. He's been nominated for manager of the month for December.

*private number rings into FA offices*

There's a strange stench of Wrigley's Extra coming from the voicemail system: Ah'd giv tha award te Davey, doin a top job ah Old Trafford". :lol:

Edited by NGOG
  • Like 1

Some good news for David Moyes. He's been nominated for manager of the month for December.

*private number rings into FA offices*

There's a strange stench of Wrigley's Extra coming from the voicemail system: Ah'd giv tha award te Davey, doin a top job ah Old Trafford". :lol:

Did you see his face the last few games? I can't see that happening somehow. ;)