Discussions of Old GN'R Songs Shouldnt Be Moved from D/N

ChristmasFnatic

I think as of now, we generally try to keep older stuff in the separate sections, partly because the fanbase is so divisive and topics discussing old material inevitably tend to veer toward New-vs-Old, Axl-vs-Slash, so on and so forth. Kind of a generalization, but you get the idea. So threads about older tunes that have been discussed many times are mostly going to get shifted around to the old-band sections, because that's kind of what they're there for. But, it's never a standard action on our part. It's not like any topic related to an old song is just immediately moved. We kind of approach each case on its own merit and make a call. If the thread serves some kind of fresh purpose or in some way is related to more current events, then we probably won't move it. It all sort of depends on the circumstances, the moderator who sees it and their decision, etc. If you have specific cases where you think a thread shouldn't have been moved, feel free to PM us or post about it here. :) Also, I will note that we're still in the midst of revamping the forum a bit behind-the-scenes, tossing around new suggestions and ideas, so things may change in the near future.

I think as of now, we generally try to keep older stuff in the separate sections, partly because the fanbase is so divisive and topics discussing old material inevitably tend to veer toward New-vs-Old, Axl-vs-Slash, so on and so forth. Kind of a generalization, but you get the idea. So threads about older tunes that have been discussed many times are mostly going to get shifted around to the old-band sections, because that's kind of what they're there for. But, it's never a standard action on our part. It's not like any topic related to an old song is just immediately moved. We kind of approach each case on its own merit and make a call. If the thread serves some kind of fresh purpose or in some way is related to more current events, then we probably won't move it. It all sort of depends on the circumstances, the moderator who sees it and their decision, etc. If you have specific cases where you think a thread shouldn't have been moved, feel free to PM us or post about it here. :) Also, I will note that we're still in the midst of revamping the forum a bit behind-the-scenes, tossing around new suggestions and ideas, so things may change in the near future.

Going off of this - usually any "what do you think of so-and-so?" threads get moved to Don't Damn Me. It's not like everyone only reads D&N and no other GN'R sections.