Why Is Chinese D a Good Album?

magisme

Alright. Bringing a little positivity to the board.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's a very good album. To me, CD is at best OK. To those of you who sing its praises, what exactly do you like so much about it?

I expect enthusiastic responses from everyone who complains about all the negativity. :P

It's hard to explain why you like an album, let alone convice those who don't like it of the fact that it's not bad, or at least not that bad. Because music can't be explained or analyzed. Either you like it or not. imho. CD definitely grows on you. It's just that some people are not willing to give it a chance, out of hatred or frustration. Or maybe they just don't like it, which can also be the case.

It's a good album because GNR happen to be my favourite band and Chinese Democracy happens to be my favourite record by GNR.

Why should I argue its merits to somebody that doesn't like it? Nothing that I point out has the capacity to alter your standing. Ultimately your own ears will dictate your feelings about the album.

It's a good album because GNR happen to be my favourite band and Chinese Democracy happens to be my favourite record by GNR.

Why should I argue its merits to somebody that doesn't like it? Nothing that I point out has the capacity to alter your standing. Ultimately your own ears will dictate your feelings about the album.

You know, I'm not looking for an argument. I'm not looking for anyone to change my mind. I'm simply trying to understand the thinking of people with whom I disagree.

Are we that far gone with this band that asking why people like their most recent album is trolling?

Not really a cohesive answer since some here are both brain dead and tone deaf, not to mention biased.

I strongly doubt that anybody here has struggled to give Chinese Democracy a chance based on prejudice. That is more applicable to a lot of the general public who literally didn't listen to the record based on what other people were saying or the fact it didn't boast the 'original' incarnation's playing.

On a GNR forum it is merely a matter of you not liking the record based on what you hear. I personally relish what I hear hence my unwielding desire to hear more. Why should I care that others do not like the record and more importantly, how could I possibly attempt to change their perspective? The opinion of your ears will always prevail over any reference to the guitars or arrangements.

Edited by NGOG

You know, I'm not looking for an argument. I'm not looking for anyone to change my mind. I'm simply trying to understand the thinking of people with whom I disagree.

There is no well-researched logic or clinical formula as to why anybody is partial to a certain sense of songs. It's just something you have to accept rather than attempt to develop an understanding over. Chinese Democracy, and many other records, simply appeal to my senses. What further explanation is required?

What do you like about Chinese Democracy?

I like that when I listen to the record, it creates a positive reaction.

Great. Thanks. See ya later, NGOG.

Anyone else? Or should I just assume that asking fans of CD what they like about it causes butthurt?

Anyone else? Or should I just assume that asking fans of CD what they like about it causes butthurt?

I told you what I like about Chinese Democracy, there is no isolated incidents which establish an overall positive reaction. I just like the entire product because of what it does to my ears.

I love Chinese Democracy.

The 1-2-3 punch of the first three tracks is second to none. Songs like Better and Shacklers are some of the best rock songs I've heard in the 00's. And Catcher In The Rye is a brilliant example of Axl's unique ability to create really powerful images in his songwriting.