Justakickass gig. GNR 2006.

Russel Nash

I don't think GNR (at any point with any lineup) ever sounded better than they did in 2006.

Don't know about GnR per se, nuGnR has certainly never sounded this good ever. EVER. Any GnR fan that has any complaint about GnR's playing in 2006 should go sukadik. They were tight as fuck. Above classic GnR average. In terms of Axl himself, the best of 2006 Axl is better than the best of classic Axl, IMO. Rock Am Ring is probably my favorite concert ever. Man... had they played TWAT that day...

Pro shot of this someday please... it's a perfect live concert.

It truly is. It would be perfect but it's impossible.

I don't think GNR (at any point with any lineup) ever sounded better than they did in 2006.

Don't know about GnR per se, nuGnR has certainly never sounded this good ever. EVER. Any GnR fan that has any complaint about GnR's playing in 2006 should go sukadik. They were tight as fuck. Above classic GnR average. In terms of Axl himself, the best of 2006 Axl is better than the best of classic Axl, IMO. Rock Am Ring is probably my favorite concert ever. Man... had they played TWAT that day...

They tried TWAT in spain gigs before RMR, but didn't work out. It's a tough one live i think.

I don't think that nuGNR moments should compared to "classicGNR" moments, but 2006 was an unbelieavable year for the new band, Axl was still hungry for succes back then and still had his "vision" thing... CD should come out at that year and Axl easily put back the band on the musical map!

Rock am Ring my fav from that year, but this show is fucking good and yes this is the best TWAT live version for me, despite Axl forget some lyrics etc., but raspy scream at the songs end is one of Axl's finest moments since the classic years...

my first show when i see Axl and the band was at this year 2 days earlier before the RAR gig

Never forget that day, although we wait 3 and a half hour to see the band, lol

Great memories

Edited by Crash Diet

just stop this russel girl, her posts are useless.

I don't really share his views about the current GNR situation, but this isn't a bad thread, at least we discuss something good :shrugs:

but we are not allowed to discuss videos cause they don't really show the reality, the audio is all fucked up and it doesn't show the energy. i'd say axl sounds good on the video, but we can't judge his voice from videos, so i won't.

I was at the 4th night of this run. Always wished there had been a good video released of that show. Izzys first appearance with the new band. There was so much buzz walking around before the show.

Saw some great shows from this band. (Boston. 02, Worcester 06, roseland 12). As well as a couple 2011 shows. This show was always my favorite, for alot of reasons.

The rumors of izzy making an appearance had the place going nuts. Axls voice making a comeback. He had a great look. It was a good time to be a nugnr fan. Perhaps the best time to be a nugnr fan. Things were exciting.