What's your favorite Stanley Kubrick movie ?

Mao5

Favorite Kubrick movie  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Barry Lyndon followed by Paths of Glory and The Shining.

It'll be interesting what Spielberg plans to do with his "Napoleon" screenplay. It may have been the one he would have done after "Eyes Wide Shut", but had Kubrick been around when it was finally released, I think critics would have been harsher on the film than they had been.

Some directors (and fans of Kubrick's) to this day aren't sure if "Eyes Wide Shut" would have been released "as is" or if Kubrick had more work to do on it. I do think you have to watch "Barry Lyndon" and then watch "Eyes Wide Shut".

Hopefully Spielberg does not plan anything similar to what he planned when he did AI!!

I would like to believe that Kubrick would have cut the ending in which Pollack explains everything to Cruise. It would have been really unsettling if Cruise did not find out everything that had happened to him.

Unrelated: Sydney Pollack grew up in Lafayette IN.

Barry Lyndon is my 2nd favourite film. My favourite is A.I. I grew up with Spielberg as a kid (JURASSIC PARK), Kubrick in my teens thanks to my dad, and so when I saw A.I. when I was 13, to me it was a perfect marriage of their sensibilities. I remember watching it in the cinema thinking it was really cool, and then the ending came... and I thought it was the greatest thing I'd ever seen. Makes me cry every time. Don't get all the hate for it. There's a great book with the concept art that came out a couple of years ago:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/I-Artificial-Intelligence-Stanley-Spielberg/dp/0500514895/ref=sr_1_9?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1375999087&sr=1-9&keywords=artificial+intelligence

51qcKVWi3sL.jpg

With respect to Lolita and Dr. Strange, it is his best work...

It should probably be called "Truth".

All about that last line from Nicole Kidman. Perfect end to Kubrick's career and his summation of what it comes down to.