The Skin I Live In

ManetsBR

Just saw it with some friends... One of the most disturbing films I've ever seen! Top notch horror, extremelly good, couldn't take my eyes off the screen. What I find interesting is that the film is absoltuely disturbing without having to use strong gore and violence like most horror films do, and yet this is way more provoking and made me really uncofortable. Although there's absolutely no gore and just a little violence it's a trully unpleasent experience.

One of the finest horror films I've ever seen. Left a really bad vibe on the room when it ended.

Edited by ManetsBR

I havent seen the film but Pedro Almodovar is one of my favourite directors. A very talented man. Interesting that you said that the film left a bad vibe in the room after it ended. That's powerful storytelling. I always think a really good film is one that leaves an impression on the audience for a day or days after seeing it. Whether its a good or bad feeling is irrelevant, the impression is what's important.

I'll seek this film out, sounds interesting. :)

Hmmm... I watched it during a lecture series on gender and sexuality at uni. I like it but Pedro has better ones. Sometimes the film is too predictable (especially if you're familiar with the director's work) but, yes, it's pretty disturbing and one of the most twisted revenges I've ever seen.

That said, horror?! I didn't think it was a horror film.

(Btw, it's based on the book "Tarantula" by Thierry Jonquet.)

Just saw it with some friends... One of the most disturbing films I've ever seen! Top notch horror, extremelly good, couldn't take my eyes off the screen. What I find interesting is that the film is absoltuely disturbing without having to use strong gore and violence like most horror films do, and yet this is way more provoking and made me really uncofortable. Although there's absolutely no gore and just a little violence it's a trully unpleasent experience.

One of the finest horror films I've ever seen. Left a really bad vibe on the room when it ended.

I agree. I saw it recently too. God! It was very disturbing. I felt so bad for the lead and what the doctor did.

It's a movie that stays with you awhile for sure.