JK Rowling to pen Harry Potter spin-off film

Guest NGOG

If it was a book, I'd be interested as I'm a big fan of the series. I have no time whatsoever for the world of the films though, they castrated the series too much and anything lending them more legitimacy just disappoints me. I probably won't see this.

If it was a book, I'd be interested as I'm a big fan of the series. I have no time whatsoever for the world of the films though, they castrated the series too much and anything lending them more legitimacy just disappoints me. I probably won't see this.

I think the book this film is based on already exists. She wrote it for Comic Relief ages ago.

I think the book this film is based on already exists. She wrote it for Comic Relief ages ago.

Aye, I've read it, but I don't think the film will be a straight adaptation of it because it's pretty much a fictional encyclopedia. If anything it might be about how the book was put together... A few years ago, Waterstones in Glasgow had a window display of handwritten short stories from well-known authors. One was a page and a half from J.K. Rowling about James and Sirius' adventures on the flying motorbike in the days of the original Order of the Phoenix, I'd really love to read more of that!

I'm not sure a contrived charity spectacle is the ideal circumstance to write good fantasy. :lol: